The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It's still slightly weird seeing Jack's face on every bit of England coverage after our years in the wilderness.  But I guess 3 MOTM from 3 appearances will do that. 

Hope he plays no more than 60 minutes and pops in an assist/goal then comes off wrapped in cotton wool.

Will start to worry about silly bids etc come the end of the season, but hopefully we'll have matched his progression and be looking to break into the european places next season (or even this?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I must say im looking forward to seeing grealish vs mcginn for the england vs scotland game providing both play

McGinn going to complete the 3rd most prolific link in the prem. I'm not sure the scottish fans would be happy though. 

Dug out my first Grealish post, in the Academy thread:

On 15/01/2014 at 20:12, fightoffyour said:

Grealish looks class

Followed up by this in his own topic:

On 22/05/2014 at 11:28, fightoffyour said:

he's gonna be class ay he.

If not, someone OUT.

Then it went a bit south after the bad thing before he become the main man.

1 hour ago, birdman said:

What with all the comparisons to Gazza - which seems to butthurt many people - anyone else think he's also quite similar to Hoddle in style? 

Absolutely not.  Hoddle was a very gifted midfielder with the ball at his feet and a great striker of the ball.  However, I don't remember him ever having the pace or dribbling ability that Jack has.  Personally, I would probably say Hoddle is more closely aligned to Hourihane (but he was better).

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That would be favourable.  Plus I wouldn't have to dedicate two hours of my evening to a meaningless game of football.

Agree.  But I am also quite intrigued to see what damage Jack could do to an Iceland defence which will not be of the same calibre as the Belgians. 

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Absolutely not.  Hoddle was a very gifted midfielder with the ball at his feet and a great striker of the ball.  However, I don't remember him ever having the pace or dribbling ability that Jack has.  Personally, I would probably say Hoddle is more closely aligned to Hourihane (but he was better).

While I respect your opinion I think Hoddle has more in common with Jack than Hourihane! 😂 

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Beat me to it. Hoddle and Beckham were slow-it-down merchants, masters with a dead ball. Grealish is much more in the Best/Gazza mould. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, birdman said:

What with all the comparisons to Gazza - which seems to butthurt many people - anyone else think he's also quite similar to Hoddle in style? 

Not Hoddle, imo.  I think Barry was more like Hoddle.  I was just thinking the other day that Waddle, Beardsley and Barnes are players more like Jack.  The big difference between these great players and Jack, is that Jack can't score freekicks.  Someone needs to have a word in his ear about that and get him practicing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Beat me to it. Hoddle and Beckham were slow-it-down merchants, masters with a dead ball. Grealish is much more in the Best/Gazza mould. 

Was watching Hoddle videos the other day and thought his style was similar to Jack's. It's a shame Jack doesn't take more free kicks though as I'm sure he's capable. Perhaps there is a policy that if you're the one who gets fouled someone else takes the kick. Maybe he just prefers not too. 

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Not Hoddle, imo.  I think Barry was more like Hoddle.  I was just thinking the other day that Waddle, Beardsley and Barnes are players more like Jack.  The big difference between these great players and Jack, is that Jack can't score freekicks.  Someone needs to have a word in his ear about that and get him practicing.

The way his game has progressed so rapidly I'd say it's just a matter of time before he starts pinging free kicks in the top corner.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Was watching Hoddle videos the other day and thought his style was similar to Jack's. It's a shame Jack doesn't take more free kicks though as I'm sure he's capable. Perhaps there is a policy that if you're the one who gets fouled someone else takes the kick. Maybe he just prefers not too. 

It is a shame, maybe he spends more time in training working on other aspects at the moment.  But most world class players (which Jack will become) score freekicks and it would be great to see it bump up his goal tally.

• Like 1

Â