The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Ok, after having watched Jack play in two competitive games alongside Kane i have come to the conclusion that Kane's interplay with Jack is very selfish. I can only assume this is because Kane thinks he is a better ball carrier than Jack, or is feeling a little put out at Jack being the centre of attention.

Everytime Jack looked to play a one two with Kane Jack would pass to Kane make his run and Kane would just run off with the ball in a different direction. However Jack always looked to feed Kane when it was the other way round. All the Spurs and ex spurs players seem to prefer to pass to each other over anyone else.

If I was Southgate, Winks (who I think is a bit shit), Trippier (we have five right backs better than him), and Dier (shit) should all be dropped. They're not good enough and will dent that Spur axis in the squad. Maybe they're annoyed that Dele Ali can't get in the squad anymore!

• Like 2

Seemed a bit isolated to me, Saka was playing in Jack's normal position and Mount was playing in the middle . Jack was pushed very wide at times. There also appeared to be a reluctance to pass to Jack when he was in space. 

Maybe egos are getting in the way of how players are playing, all the attention Jack's getting must be a bit of a slap in the face for the established big name players. 

Glad he's back with no major injuries and hopefully he can recover in time for Saturday, be interesting to see how he performs after all the excitement of playing on an international stage.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I had a bet for him to be motm and I saw that Will Hill had paid out last night. Just checked and they have taken the winnings back. Wtf

They can't take back can they?! Email customer services! 🤬

9 hours ago, colhint said:

So we are going to win the Euro's . We have 1 big advantage. Every player will have to have a squad number on their shirt, but we will have an extra player, no number it'll just say 

Grealish 

MOTM

Just like my mate's lad a few years back.  His dad told me that he was playing football and I asked him what position he played.  His answer: ....... "Captain"!!

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

yeah he did have a quiet ish game by his standards, but tbf nobody else set the world on fire.

Foden prob deserved it, but grealish played ok, he nearly created 2 or 3 chances, looked busy and did his usual nonchalant thing.....like a boss.

tbh.......my missus hates football.....and even she has watched the last few games and keeps saying "that grealish is an exciting player isn he".

I say...."do u fancy him or summat?"...............but.....if he can get my missus excited to watch anything football related cus he's a silky exciting player.....just imagine the appeal he has to the general footballing audience.

as soon as grealish was subbed she put im a celebrity on immediately lol  :)

That's okay, until she asks you to put a picture of Jack above the headboard!! 😉

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

There's a team to be built around him with England, and I'm not sure Kane is part of it. DCL seems a better fit to me based on the games he played in. Kane looked very poor tonight; Wasteful and clumsy. Guess that isnt his usual self. The biggest crime though...5 at the back, using Maguire in a free role...wtf is Southgate thinking.

Can see Grealish being wasted by Southgate's shocking formations and if he's here for the Euros ( he will be) its going to be a waste of a tournament for Jack. Hope I'm wrong.

I think Kane is also suffering from Safegate's 3-4-3.  He is having to drop deeper to get the ball and, unlike with Spurs, he hasn't got a "Son" alongside him to feed of his "no. 10" play.

24 minutes ago, tinker said:

Seemed a bit isolated to me, Saka was playing in Jack's normal position and Mount was playing in the middle . Jack was pushed very wide at times. There also appeared to be a reluctance to pass to Jack when he was in space. 

Maybe egos are getting in the way of how players are playing, all the attention Jack's getting must be a bit of a slap in the face for the established big name players. 

Glad he's back with no major injuries and hopefully he can recover in time for Saturday, be interesting to see how he performs after all the excitement of playing on an international stage.

He's told to stay high and wide which is just another embarrassing limitation of Southgates management. Jack's at his best when he roams - like he did against Belgium, but I'm pretty sure this was his own doing because he was bored of the others just passing it backwards and sideways. 

It's great that Grealish has done well for England but I tell you this now, we are wasting this generation of talent under this clueless imbecile. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Ok, after having watched Jack play in two competitive games alongside Kane i have come to the conclusion that Kane's interplay with Jack is very selfish. I can only assume this is because Kane thinks he is a better ball carrier than Jack, or is feeling a little put out at Jack being the centre of attention.

Everytime Jack looked to play a one two with Kane Jack would pass to Kane make his run and Kane would just run off with the ball in a different direction. However Jack always looked to feed Kane when it was the other way round. All the Spurs and ex spurs players seem to prefer to pass to each other over anyone else.

If I was Southgate, Winks (who I think is a bit shit), Trippier (we have five right backs better than him), and Dier (shit) should all be dropped. They're not good enough and will dent that Spur axis in the squad. Maybe they're annoyed that Dele Ali can't get in the squad anymore!

Spotted that too!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why is it now 'player' of the match? Is that because of transexuals and all that cool stuff now?

What? Player of the match makes sense so wouldn't make much of it.

9 hours ago, birdman said:

Taking nothing away from Foden but he scored towards the end of the game when Iceland were down to 10 men and we had fresh legs on. But that's by the by... most of the votes were in by then. Jack easily stood out first half as being the best player and seems that was enough for most voters! 

I though Mount was quality and Maguire excellent too. 

I agree on everything but Maquire, I do not think he played brilliant, i thought he was okay and did enough to grab himself some spotlight.

For me the stand out players were Mount and Grealish, they were the players lifting that England side.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So does Man of the match. I'm just wondering why they've changed it to Player of the match. I've never heard it called that before. 

Probably not because of transsexuals ;)

• Like 1

Love how the press phrase questions to try and bait him into a controversial comment. They were dying to be able to write something about jack thinking he is gazza or that rashford and sterling are rubbish.

Just like they asked him about a transfer move on the pitch immediately after winning a game whilst he was knackered (may have been arsenal at the end of last season)

Fair play he handled the questions maturely and gave them nothing dodgy for their headlines

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

People spelling ‘lose’ (the opposite of win) as ‘loose’ (the opposite of tight) is the one that winds me up, it takes fewer letters to spell it correctly! (though possibly a discussion for the off topic thread...)

‘High-rated’ instead of irate is another annoying one.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why is it now 'player' of the match? Is that because of transexuals and all that cool stuff now?

That’s because he’s not human. 
Anyone else would’ve been MOTM

• Like 1

Â