The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No idea how this guy even got the england job. 

Allardyce **** up whilst drinking a pint of wine.

Gareth was in the right place, at the right time. And wouldn't embarrass the FA in a way they couldn't handle. Front page headlines are bad; back page headlines are short lived.

From those interviews you can see that Southgate just doesn't understand what Jack does or how he plays.  He can't comprehend the skills and so goes back to talking about what he does understand which is Mount's running and pressing.  When asked about Jack his brow furrows and you can see him really trying to explain but failing and ending up with the 'has to get into those areas more' comment. Well Gareth, it's your job to set the team up to allow that, mate.

Just like LeTissier and Hoddle in the past - journeymen managers can't understand how they can play the way they do so can't work out how to use them properly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

thing is if this was bellingham, i'd be genuinely pleased for the kid. it's nice to see brummie lads hitting the big time and setting the world stage alight. god knows there haven't exactly been many over the last few years. it puts the city on the map, and might get that extra 10% out of the kids in the academies, wanting to be the next Jack or Jude. so it's really bizarre that a fanbase that claims to be 'propa brummies' loathes someone that's come from the same neck of the woods as them so much.

Do not think for one minute they do not know how good he is,  he scares them to death as the more successful he becomes as one of our own the more the spotlight gets turned onto him and his first love, us as a team. They see the shadow that has been there for 100 odd years that they lurk in becoming longer and longer the more successful he becomes. Jack is their antichrist 

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Do not think for one minute they do not know how good he is,  he scares them to death as the more successful he becomes as one of our own the more the spotlight gets turned onto him and his first love, us as a team. They see the shadow that has been there for 100 odd years that they lurk in becoming longer and longer the more successful he becomes. Jack is their antichrist 

My dad is a blues fan and he consistently says that Grealish is one of the best players he's ever seen. They know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Multiple quotes and articles are out there from this past summer.  If ManU had come in with a bid in the £60-80 million range, Jack was off. They never did, because of their infatuation with Sancho.  Now Ole won't be at the wheel much longer. 

All credit to Jack. He didn't kick up a fuss, leak quotes through his agent, or try to undermine Villa in anyway. He let the market play out.  Once he saw that the "bigger" clubs didn't value him properly he got himself a fat pay raise from Villa and is now going to tear the Prem a new one. 

Those quotes firstly never came from the club and were just media talk. Secondly, most were out prior to us staying up. We’ve seen how ambitious the board are, they wouldn’t have sold our best player under value.

Gareth is already planting the excuses as he doesn’t want to take Grealish to the euro’s, the euro squad is pretty much already been decided, but he is going to struggle to vindicate that decision next summer and that’s why he is starting to squirm. 

There will be a huge backlash if Grealish isn’t in that Euro squad and not just from us Villa fans anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Multiple quotes and articles are out there from this past summer.  If ManU had come in with a bid in the £60-80 million range, Jack was off. They never did, because of their infatuation with Sancho.  Now Ole won't be at the wheel much longer. 

All credit to Jack. He didn't kick up a fuss, leak quotes through his agent, or try to undermine Villa in anyway. He let the market play out.  Once he saw that the "bigger" clubs didn't value him properly he got himself a fat pay raise from Villa and is now going to tear the Prem a new one. 

if we end up in the champions league he'll be staying i reckon. i hope we move forward quick enough to match his ambitions. now with this italian media article, europe is taking note and it reminds me of when skiing in france back in 2011/2012 ish and all the talk from french barmen etc was about bale when he started to really show his qualities, after that performance vs inter. and we know how that story ended.

i can see him being the next bale/becks/owen and ending up at real for a silly fee if we don't continue to move forward. the likes of utd and spurs are no longer good enough for him. they've had their chance and they mugged him/us off.

if he doesn't, and he leads us to glories, we're in statue outside the ground territory i reckon

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

if we end up in the champions league he'll be staying i reckon. i hope we move forward quick enough to match his ambitions. now with this italian media article, europe is taking note and it reminds me of when skiing in france back in 2011/2012 ish and all the talk from french barmen etc was about bale when he started to really show his qualities, after that performance vs inter. and we know how that story ended.

i can see him being the next bale/becks/owen and ending up at real for a silly fee if we don't continue to move forward. the likes of utd and spurs are no longer good enough for him. they've had their chance and they mugged him/us off.

if he doesn't, and he leads us to glories, we're in statue outside the ground territory i reckon

I'm properly eulogising here but I think there is enough truth in it. 

Yes, I agree with you and I was saying this to a united mate the other day. Giving me the squad player bull. With one 'mediocre' (for Jack) performance for England and you are already seeing rival fan-bases starting to turn. Jack is close to that elite level club now. He is too good for United and Spurs right now, they are not challenging for anything anytime soon or will not stump up the necessary. When he shines at the international level, and if Villa were to get into Europe then Real, Barca, Jueve or Bayern would come looking. I got laughed at by a lot of my mates, for suggesting the closest I've seen to Jack as a player is George Best (never seen him live), now you're starting to see them lot turn. He's a special talent, like once in a generation national talent. I cannot see anyone in the English game that does what he does today. So frustrating, England should be building the team around him, facilitating him and England might actually win something.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

With one 'mediocre' (for Jack) performance for England and you are already seeing rival fan-bases starting to turn. 

By Jack's standards I thought he was crap to be honest. He looked jittery and gave the ball away more in that game than he did in the entirety of the Championship years.

And he was still the best player on the pitch .

England will never do anything under Southgate.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The comment about his work on the ball suggests that Southgate didn't like his work off it

For most of the game Southgate had the front 3 pressing 1 man at a time which grealish didn't seem interested in because he's not a complete **** idiot 

He was part of a system that did that last year and let in the most goals in the prem. 

Â