The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Might be arrogance. An unwillingness to believe a local lad like Jack at a club like Villa is such a talent. Seems like teams only think he's worth a place on their bench. Their loss.

Long may it continue. Next time it'll be Real Madrid.

Great news of him signing a new contract.

I always found it strange that people see this as 'lack of ambition'. True he might be able to win more trophies elsewhere and I'm sure that many footballers will measure their career by their trophy cabinet at the end. But who remembers all the (part-time) players of the first Chelsea title under Abramovich? They'll have a decent trophy case, I'm sure.

Jack has the opportunity to become a villa legend, if not THE villa legend, should he play his entire career at Villa. Even if he doens't win anythings, Villa fans will love him forever. I'm sure many teenagers of today would tell their children in a few decades about the times they went to Villa park 'to see grealish play'. It seems like choosing to be remembered by many people (global fan base) who know your name, but aren't sure when exactly you played or being remembered by a few (Villa supporters, not too few I know) like a superstar until he's old, buying him a beer 'for that goal against SHA after taking a punch' in pretty much every pub in Birmingham. Someone mentioned Shearer at Newcastle, let's hope Jack does the same.

(I know Gabby only played for us and is our club top scorer, but his last few years weren't really any good, so there is no comparison)

In this day and age, football mercenaries, big clubs buying up all of the talent, tapping up, clubs going bust etc, etc. What a signing we have made.

This is a reason to believe that loyalty still exists, that one of the best midfielders in England will not have his heard turned by the big boys and will want to achieve things with the club he loves.

Jack, you beautiful, beautiful man. 

Let's get better together. 

Interesting that Jack said he didn't know where he was going to end up as late as last night, but I like that he wanted to get his future sorted before the season started. He didn't want to play a few games for us and then end up leaving.

17 minutes ago, AXD said:

Great news of him signing a new contract.

I always found it strange that people see this as 'lack of ambition'. True he might be able to win more trophies elsewhere and I'm sure that many footballers will measure their career by their trophy cabinet at the end. But who remembers all the (part-time) players of the first Chelsea title under Abramovich? They'll have a decent trophy case, I'm sure.

Jack has the opportunity to become a villa legend, if not THE villa legend, should he play his entire career at Villa. Even if he doens't win anythings, Villa fans will love him forever. I'm sure many teenagers of today would tell their children in a few decades about the times they went to Villa park 'to see grealish play'. It seems like choosing to be remembered by many people (global fan base) who know your name, but aren't sure when exactly you played or being remembered by a few (Villa supporters, not too few I know) like a superstar until he's old, buying him a beer 'for that goal against SHA after taking a punch' in pretty much every pub in Birmingham. Someone mentioned Shearer at Newcastle, let's hope Jack does the same.

(I know Gabby only played for us and is our club top scorer, but his last few years weren't really any good, so there is no comparison)

Villa have reached as many cup finals in the past decade as Spuds and by and large we have been utterly dreadful for ten years. 

Everton, Newcastle, and West Ham have not reached a cup final for over ten years which is dire. Leeds not even one this century.

Unless he moves to someone like Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea or possibly Arsenal or Manyew then he has as much as chance to win something here than at any other club in England.

1 hour ago, John said:

Clever those bookies aren't they? 

I just noticed Coral still have a market on which club Jack will be at come the end of the transfer window. Manchester United and Arsenal are both 5/2, Liverpool are 4/1,  Spurs are 10/1 and Leicester are 18/1. Can't seem to find Aston Villa on the list, I wonder why not? I quite fancied a cheeky bet on us...:D 

to be fair you haven't been able to bet on jack staying at villa for weeks

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Interesting that Jack said he didn't know where he was going to end up as late as last night, but I like that he wanted to get his future sorted before the season started. He didn't want to play a few games for us and then end up leaving.

I find it pretty worrying actually especially that he didn't seem to know what was going on...

Anyhow I'm glad he has signed a new deal.

Â