The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Because ‘he doesn’t want to move’ isn’t the same as ‘he won’t be moving‘. As I’ve said in the summer transfer thread, there’s a hundred different reasons why a player might end up moving clubs.

But even knowing 'he doesn't want to move' is incredibly non specific story wise. He has lots of 'friends' and people around the club who probably know this already. There's no need for the 'I'll get in trouble' dramatics imo. 

Because ‘he doesn’t want to move’ isn’t the same as ‘he won’t be moving‘. As I’ve said in the summer transfer thread, there’s a hundred different reasons why a player might end up moving clubs.

But even knowing 'he doesn't want to move' is incredibly non specific story wise. He has lots of 'friends' and people around the club who probably know this already. There's no need for the 'I'll get in trouble' dramatics imo. 

9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I can’t give my source away because I lose my source if I do, put it this way I was talking about United in early Feb, I was putting it at 90% then. I’m putting it at 30% now there’s no smoke without fire whether you choose to believe me or not. 

I have no other source other than this, I can’t tell you incomings, formation or kits just this that’s all. Believe or don’t have rs up to you

Yeah I’m not a fan

See above mate, although Jack defo did shag Lingards bird that’s a positive as lingards a clearing in the woods

If your source is someone who works in the press then I simply don't believe it. I work in the media, have spent time covering Villa as well as other clubs and if all reporters were being honest, they don't have a clue who's coming and going until the last minute. It might be a reporter gets a tip off but they wouldn't have the steer on a long running saga like this one. Most transfer speculation is just gossip within the industry. Perhaps Jack will go, perhaps he will stay? But the only people who really know what's going on are him, those close to him and the club or clubs involved.

Southgate wanting him to play for a "big club" to get more of the ball is bollocks. Grealish carried the ball further than any other player on the planet last season, ffs. 

Grealish is a Villa fan. That's the most important thing to him. Of course he would've gone had we gone down but why leave us now when we're trying to build something towards getting back to the top?

Him staying tells me he believes that the players we are after will see us improve and be a lot better next season. That is a good sign. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

So perhaps Brad Jones could explain why there was an embargo on that news which meant he couldn't release until 12.01................or it's a load of cobblers

It's obviously billhooks. 

If it was a press embargo as someone suggested, the story would be all over regular press today.  And I don't think a 12 year old posting from his bedroom would have to comply with that anyway. 

I am sure he's achieved his goal though and had thousands of hits on his tweet today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Southgate is a clearing in the woods and England wont win a thing with him in charge. Of his 2 quality playmakers available he prefers to play neither of them 

He doesn't want a ball carrying midfielder and some actual football being played in the middle

He has a prettier looking style of kick and rush, get it to the world class front 3 as quick as possible, especially the wide men, ball in to space down the channels 

That's why arguably the best 2 attacking midfielders we have can't get a game, that's not where he wants the ball 

8 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Give Grealish £160-200,000 per week....whatever it takes.

Just keep him here for the next ten years!

This is why man City won't sign messi on £700k a week 

If we pay Jack £200k a week then he will be on 4x our next highest player, that's dangerous for the spirit we have as a squad (and we definitely seem to have it) 

Jack should be well paid and our highest paid player but at the same time if he goes more than 15% higher than mcginn or mings or now maybe even Luiz then we will have all of them asking for new deals, it sets a benchmark for new signings too

got to be careful, I'd be amazed if he wasn't our first £100k a week player 

7 hours ago, Trickster said:

You can say that again.

who the **** is this brad jones clown! just had a quick look and he really does have idiots on tenterhooks doesn't he! "i'll release the news at midnight! big announcement!" fair play lad, got people going hook line and sinker haven't you

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This is why man City won't sign messi on £700k a week 

If we pay Jack £200k a week then he will be on 4x our next highest player, that's dangerous for the spirit we have as a squad (and we definitely seem to have it) 

Jack should be well paid and our highest paid player but at the same time if he goes more than 15% higher than mcginn or mings or now maybe even Luiz then we will have all of them asking for new deals, it sets a benchmark for new signings too

got to be careful, I'd be amazed if he wasn't our first £100k a week player 

Yeah I do understand the potential implications but we have to continue along this way to compete.

My post was actually not serious...

Â