The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Getting the ball up the pitch has always been his best asset. Often the only guy doing it for us when the pressure it on and it's difficult.

Plenty of the names he's miles ahead of when combining dribbling and passing here are key players for teams well ahead of us.

De Jong (Barcelona)

Sancho (Dortmund)

Traore (Wolves)

Maddison (Leicester)

Barella (Inter)

Just shows that in the current market he's been undervalued even by our own fans. Kai Havertz £80m?? Grealish is easily £125m +. That's not my claret and blue glasses talking before anyone claims as such. It's just that the value of Jack is far higher to us than people actually realise. Had our free kicks been better his real worth would have been shown even more so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Just shows that in the current market he's been undervalued even by our own fans. Kai Havertz £80m?? Grealish is easily £125m +. That's not my claret and blue glasses talking before anyone claims as such. It's just that the value of Jack is far higher to us than people actually realise. Had our free kicks been better his real worth would have been shown even more so.

I presume this is said with tongue firmly in cheek. I do agree that domestic snobbery is having an affect on his perceived value. Not as exotic as he is performing for Aston Villa. I would put him up against any footballer in his position and age bracket in world football. It is absolutely criminal that he has not been capped by England.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Getting the ball up the pitch has always been his best asset. Often the only guy doing it for us when the pressure it on and it's difficult.

Plenty of the names he's miles ahead of when combining dribbling and passing here are key players for teams well ahead of us.

De Jong (Barcelona)

Sancho (Dortmund)

Traore (Wolves)

Maddison (Leicester)

Barella (Inter)

What a player.

He’s invaluable to us and we’ll never be able to replace him...

Would set us back immensely.

So rare to have such a talented player who loves the club and is so loved by the fans.

Has to stay and will stay imo. We just have to demonstrate our ambition to him and make some major signings. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Spot on. I've always said it, there is no-one out there like him. We'd get mugged off at 80mill.

I kind of get why people undervalue him - It is hard to get your head round how good he is. I think him being English and the historic overvaluing of English players doesn't help as ppl kind of check themselves when talking about him and think, nah he cant be that good. He really is!

That graph makes him look ridiculous but he is when it comes to carrying the ball and playing those short intricate passes. I've not seen anyone like him. I can't wait to see him play with top players (with us). Its why the likes of Joe Cole and Redknapp rave about him because they either had/or have an eye for that special talent on the ball and they see it in spades when they watch Grealish. He's a proper player's player.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Spot on. I've always said it, there is no-one out there like him. We'd get mugged off at 80mill.

I kind of get why people undervalue him - It is hard to get your head round how good he is. I think him being English and the historic overvaluing of English players doesn't help as ppl kind of check themselves when talking about and think, nah he cant be that good. He really is!

That graph makes him look ridiculous but he really is when it comes to carrying the ball and playing those short intricate passes. I've not seen anyone like him. I can't wait to see him play with top players (with us). Its why the likes of Joe Cole and Redknapp rave about him because they either had/or have an eye for that special talent on the ball and they see it in spades when they watch Grealish

When we're under the cosh ball goes to Jack more often than not he either carries the ball into the opposition half or wins a free kick. I'd say there's been about 40 free kicks not given because of the reputation of being a diver when he isn't. You know what it's £150m now as I've thought about it some more. I hope the villa hierarchy see it the same way.

• Haha 1

Independent claim they been told that sancho fee almost agreed.

That was almost certainly mean he isnt going united. Am delighted about that. Dont want to see him at united or spurs if he were to leave 

• Like 1

Only way we keep hold of Grealish, which I think we may well do now, is if we offer him 150k+ a week. 
Aren't players like Lingard on 130k a week? Jack is twice the player and it's time to remunerate him based on his ability.

The kid's world class. Give him another 5 year deal on 150k+ a week. He is Mr. Aston Villa. Every kid has his name on their shirt. He will go on to become the greatest player to have ever played for this club, I'm sure of it. 

F***** love him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Independent claim they been told that sancho fee almost agreed.

That was almost certainly mean he isnt going united. Am delighted about that. Dont want to see him at united or spurs if he were to leave 

And Torres to Man City, hopefully that's their lot.

Then that leaves probably Arsenal with "Serious interest"?

Hoping anyway.

Didn’t Maddison recently sign a new deal worth 110k a week? Leicester are a well established Premier League team now, but I think we’d have to match that in order to keep Jack. He’ll also want some assurances I imagine on our transfer plans for this summer before committing to any new deal. 

I for one hope we keep keep him. 10 plus goals a season from out wide or in midfield is invaluable.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

How are people taking this?  He's not listening to offers?

I think its Jack saying get stuffed to offers of any kind, that hes in his Villa shirt and that's it now for the future.

May of had is talk with Smith and the top dogs, heard the plans and likes them.

So they can bark all they like utd fans can, hes a Villan through n through, I have complete faith isnt going anywhere.

Why would you move seriously?? Your having the time of your life at the club you love, captain and the hot player, a team that look up to him and hes the man that gets the attention in the media which in turn takes heat of the rest abit to do what they do.

If Grealish left us for utd, not only would he be a sub but he would just rot and play second fiddle, Grealish wont want that, he just wants to play free and he has freedom in Villas line up.

Edited by Dave-R

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Only way we keep hold of Grealish, which I think we may well do now, is if we offer him 150k+ a week. 
Aren't players like Lingard on 130k a week? Jack is twice the player and it's time to remunerate him based on his ability.

The kid's world class. Give him another 5 year deal on 150k+ a week. He is Mr. Aston Villa. Every kid has his name on their shirt. He will go on to become the greatest player to have ever played for this club, I'm sure of it. 

F***** love him. 

I think Jack's realistic about the situation, if we start hammering mid tables a season then would say yeah give me that what you suggest. However weve just been in a dog fight for relegation and he would not want to put the club in any financial stress if we fell from the premier. The more money you demand the more is expected from you and I believe Grealish is smart this way as to not push it to much in that area, he delivers what he can and fans, club and he are happy.

God I love to see the majority of news articles about Grealish say 'he is being priced out of a move' from X big club. That is not something we are used to as a club and speaks volumes about where we are going. 

• Like 1

Think I’m reading too much into it but him posting “MY team” after the match and now the fingers in the ear thing........is he staying? 

Would be a big platform to build off in terms of attracting new players you’d think.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

so basically, we need to keep Grealish, then go out and sign:

Buendia

Tonali

then we can have a midfield 5 of Luiz, Tonali, McGinn, Grealish & Buendia.

🤤

• Like 1

Â