The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

All we need him to do now is draw those fouls in the opposition penalty box! Really would love for him to get his first Premier league goal for Villa. i'm dying for him to shoot every time he gets into the box because i know he can do it! 

He was drawing the free kicks by nicking the ball away, he wasn't targeted he just made their tackles look very sloppy. 

As others have been sayign and I said in the match thread, the Rosenior tackle looked to me to be a classic reducer and "welcome to the game" tackle to me. Not pretty at all, the rest I think there was intent to leave something on Grealish even though he's made the tackles look worse by being too good for the player tackling him. They can't all have just been innocently beaten by Jack IMHO. They were after him and he was getting launched every 2 mins.

Fair play to the rest of the lads that they alwasy got shirty with the protagonist, looks to be well liked by the group and they will look out for him. Looked like a late 70s creative player to me, slight, socks down, the hair, jinky runs, great feet.

He was drawing the free kicks by nicking the ball away, he wasn't targeted he just made their tackles look very sloppy. 

As others have been sayign and I said in the match thread, the Rosenior tackle looked to me to be a classic reducer and "welcome to the game" tackle to me. Not pretty at all, the rest I think there was intent to leave something on Grealish even though he's made the tackles look worse by being too good for the player tackling him. They can't all have just been innocently beaten by Jack IMHO. They were after him and he was getting launched every 2 mins.

Fair play to the rest of the lads that they alwasy got shirty with the protagonist, looks to be well liked by the group and they will look out for him. Looked like a late 70s creative player to me, slight, socks down, the hair, jinky runs, great feet.

what is going in with Keane in your avatar?

Nice little cameo from Jack, I think he'll be starting some games in the near future, he deserves to I think, he's got an awful lot of ability, I hope he fulfils his potential at this football club, a lot of people mimicked me at the start of this thread for some unknown reason

Haven't been this excited by a midfielder since Ashley Young, and you can say whatever you want about Young now but when he got the ball on the flank everyone stood up knowing he could create something at any moment.

Can't wait for him to be starting and Benteke to be back. They can't double up on both of them!

my lad was watchin game on a stream as i was decorating and he comes running in " dad dad Graelish is quality tbey have to keep fouling him to stop him just like they do Ronaldo " now i know its early days with Graelish but to have someone coming off the bench who is comfortable on the ball and not scared to go on a run is a great weapon to have especialy if Gabby n Andi are tiring defenders.hopefuly he keeps it up cuz looks like a hell of a prospect. ( my 10 year old son wasnt saying hes on the level of Ronaldo just the only way to stop him was to foul )

He's clearly got talent but he's not ready for a starting role yet. Let him get used to the league with sub appearances and ease him in.

Why is he "not ready"? As the old saying goes "If he is good enough, he is old enough"

IMHO Jack is the most talented and skilful player to come out of our academy for decades. George Best was 17 when he made his debut. Brian Little, 18. Beckham, 17.

Jack will get plenty of stick and be knocked about but that is how he will learn. He has great self confidence and belief. So we should throw him in now.

As I said yesterday. He got more than his fair share of kicks and came up smiling. OK we still have not seen enough of him in the Premiership but I am absolutely convinced this kid is class!! Confidence isn't an issue. Edited by MikeMcKenna

Where the buggery is this contract ffs. Refuse to get excited by him being a villa player until I know he's going to stick around.

For about the one billionth time, it's much more important to get our transfer business done before the window closes and THEN worry about contracts that expire in a years' time.

There's no difference between Jack (or anyone) signing a contract today or in 2 days time.  If it's going to happen, it can happen whenever.

Where the buggery is this contract ffs. Refuse to get excited by him being a villa player until I know he's going to stick around.

We're hardly NOT going to offer him a contract. The window is still open, and I assume that in the weeks following it closing we'll be having contract talks. Possibly even this week would be ideal given that there are internationals and after Monday the window is closed. Jack's a born and bred Villa fan, so he's not going to run off anywhere unless it's a ludicrous offer from one of the top teams in the game. If we've not found out what's happening on the contract front for Vlaar, Delph or Jack by the end of October, then start to worry

Â