The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I’m sure the club will be doing everything possible to keep him.

As we saw with Tammy last year when you lose one of your best players it’s very challenging to improve overall no matter how much you spend. Every new signing is a risk no matter who they are. Look at Pepe at arsenal huge transfer fee but a bit of a flop really.

Edited by villaglint

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Hopefully we buy Ake.

Would be zero value in that transfer,  in an area of the pitch that is not in desperate need (like other areas).  Just not in a position to make signings to the squad like this currently IMO.

• Like 2

Hopefully without FFP this season, we can buy well and jump a few places.. 

Obviously I hope to baby Jesus that we can keep jack this summer, but being a villa fan, we know the rain is never far! 

Not sure how you'd frame any new offer.. particularly if we've already had a solid offer.  

I've a united supporting acquaintance (from Manchester!!) And he tells me utd have already offered us a deal, even without knowing we were up or down at the time..  that's the worry.

An absolute star. I hope he stays but understand if he's off. Thanks Jack - you didn't have to give us 3 seasons in the Championship and we would have been relegated months ago without you. I'm in my late 20s and he's the best I've seen play for us by a mile - if he does leave he'll always get a good reception off me. Legend.

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

D ont want to have to read all 1500 pages - can someone cfm what Jack is on perweek ??

2 ounces of Columbian marching pounder and the love of avfc . 😘

For me I think the biggest thing about whether he leaves will be the potential buyer. I think if we get a decent offer, we will sell, and Grealish will join a team playing in Europe/with European ambitions, but I really don't know who will buy him. Utd are most heavily linked, but they also want Sancho for £100m + and have been linked with James Rodriguez which'll be a decent sized fee, so will they be willing to part with £50m+ (conservative estimate) for a player that'll likely be a backup? I don't think Liverpool will be interested, for similar reasons, I don't see them spending that much on a backup. Man City would spend that much, and he would be a good fit, it's just whether they're interested. Chelsea have Mount/Pulisic/Gilmour that occupy similar positions, and are bringing in Werner and Ziyech, so again, not sure they'll spend the money. Spurs possibly, but Levy is a tight arse and I think Mourinho wouldn't want him.

I think that only leaves Arsenal as a realistic option for a long term step up in England, and whilst I think he would be perfect for them (suits their team, would walk in to their starting XI, the type of player they should be after), I think they would need to be in the Europa League to justify; 1) the transfer fee, and 2) Grealish agreeing to join.

I'm still ready to accept he'll leave this summer, but the more I think about, the more it makes sense that he'll stay. Plus that tweet gives hope he's staying, although it might be reading in to it.

It will probably be announced he's leaving tomorrow now!

Remember when he underperformed for a few games and our own fans were writing him off as not caring? Aged well 😂

Who knows what happens next but whatever the case may be he's been phenomenal this season. The rest of the team occasionally stepping up to help him got us over the line but we owe so much of this survival job to him so I can't begrudge him whatever happens.

Might be too high on life right now but a part of me thinks there's still even a semi decent chance he'll stay put. We've a real chance of properly kicking on if he were to and I'm sure the powers that be will be selling that to him as much as possible. 

• Like 1

I have said this a few times, I honestly think the lad  Could never turn out in another clubs colours at VP against us. I think he stays and he stays for life. In all fairness why should he not, we are now officially back in the big time and on the up we have done the hard part let’s kick on from here

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Remember when he underperformed for a few games and our own fans were writing him off as not caring? Aged well 😂

Who knows what happens next but whatever the case may be he's been phenomenal this season. The rest of the team occasionally stepping up to help him got us over the line but we owe so much of this survival job to him so I can't begrudge him whatever happens.

Might be too high on life right now but a part of me thinks there's still even a semi decent chance he'll stay put. We've a real chance of properly kicking on if he were to and I'm sure the powers that be will be selling that to him as much as possible. 

Pretty sure was people at the start of the season saying we should bench him 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

For me I think the biggest thing about whether he leaves will be the potential buyer. I think if we get a decent offer, we will sell, and Grealish will join a team playing in Europe/with European ambitions, but I really don't know who will buy him. Utd are most heavily linked, but they also want Sancho for £100m + and have been linked with James Rodriguez which'll be a decent sized fee, so will they be willing to part with £50m+ (conservative estimate) for a player that'll likely be a backup? I don't think Liverpool will be interested, for similar reasons, I don't see them spending that much on a backup. Man City would spend that much, and he would be a good fit, it's just whether they're interested. Chelsea have Mount/Pulisic/Gilmour that occupy similar positions, and are bringing in Werner and Ziyech, so again, not sure they'll spend the money. Spurs possibly, but Levy is a tight arse and I think Mourinho wouldn't want him.

I think that only leaves Arsenal as a realistic option for a long term step up in England, and whilst I think he would be perfect for them (suits their team, would walk in to their starting XI, the type of player they should be after), I think they would need to be in the Europa League to justify; 1) the transfer fee, and 2) Grealish agreeing to join.

I'm still ready to accept he'll leave this summer, but the more I think about, the more it makes sense that he'll stay. Plus that tweet gives hope he's staying, although it might be reading in to it.

It will probably be announced he's leaving tomorrow now!

100+ mill now not 80 we want, he still has much work to do here at Villa, still plenty for him to do.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Offer him 100k a week, and tell him we are prepared to spend 200m in the transfer window.

Give us another season and see how it works out for us. He's an unbelievable player and I really hope it's not the last time I've seen him in a Villa shirt.

At some point there has to be a shift in the philosophy of the club from being a selling club, from being a club buying average players to being a club buying quality players, keeping quality players and competing at the highest level... let this be now.

I a lot of people in this thread, Jack is the best player I have seen play for the club.

Jesse lingard "Earns" more than that. 150k a week +bonuses

Â