The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

But Barry Bannan wasn't exercising his misdemeanor, in the middle of a world pandemic.....where sensible, disciplined people stay at home......and do as they are told....as he so readily proclaimed himself.

No he didn't. He still was found guilty of breaking the law (from memory think he caused an accident and fled from the scene) so serious misconduct.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I haven't seen a single person defending potential drink/drug driving.

I haven't seen a single person say it's OK to pop over to his 'mate' Ross McCormack's house.

Mostly people are saying we don't have all the facts so can't jump to conclusions or are contesting the validity of the third/fourth/fifthhand rumours of him being a coke head that people are casually chucking out.

The only two things (if true) that are red flags for me are him leaving his windows open and being parked outside McCormack's. Apart from that all we know is he was driving in the morning, hit some parked cars and left details with someone before leaving. I've seen some suggest 'running from the scene of the crime' will get him prison time, which is absolutely absurd if they can't prove he was under the influence.

It will be very interesting if the CCTV footage comes out as I imagine this will be the closest we get to understanding what went on.

Doesn't his sister have cystic fibrosis? You'd expect him to be well aware of the risks to the vulnerable if I've remembered this right. Makes it worse if it does turn out to be true.

There's quite a few red flags. 

Right from the start. You didn't have to be sherlock Holmes to pick up on the clues. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There's quite a few red flags. 

Right from the start. You didn't have to be sherlock Holmes to pick up on the clues. 

So you’re taking the position he was drink driving unless somehow proven otherwise?

If this is all true, and it's a big if, he deserves whatever comes his way and I'll have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

If he really has broken quarantine, gone to a party, gotten himself pissed/coked up, wrecked a bunch of peoples cars and behaved like an arrogant bellend, he will need to be taught quite a harsh lesson.

If this is all true, I would hope that at the very least he's stripped of the captaincy and given a massive fine - none of this piddly £5-10K bollocks that a premier league player can pay without a thought.

If it's all true and he's driven under the influence - he should lose his driving licence and get a massive fine.

And as he was so keen to get on YouTube to tell the rest of us to stay indoors and do what we're told, he can get straight back on YouTube, own up to it and apologise for being a massive bellend.

Villa or not - he should be punished appropriately.

4 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I'm astounded at the level of information being banded about as fact on here.

Facts are to be established.....but its not unusual for folk to be commenting on whats been reported.

as they say " there's no smoke without fire"

I guess the unusual times we find ourselves in have exasperated the situation and made it all the more unbelievable....when the country is so committed to the cause, to get an incident like this is mind boggling.

57 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess if you take The Sun's story on face value (big If) - the get together ended with what sounds like an argument/fight - that matches up with Jack storming out with one shoe in an emotional state and foolishly deciding to get in the car - it's also good reason why he wouldn't want to go back in.

It says the argument was after he damaged the cars.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So you’re taking the position he was drink driving unless somehow proven otherwise?

No.

I'm taking the position that he wasn't out heading to a training session, respecting social distancing and this was just a little accident that was resolved and sorted easily. 

I suspect drink was involved but I won't say it 100% is. 

20 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

If he wasn't drink driving do you think him leaving the house during the lockdown is worse than Bannan's drink driving? Having seen what drink drivers do to families I can't see how this could possibly be equivalent unless he was doing something like visiting a hospital where him leaving the house had a high chance to spread the virus to vulnerable people if he had it.

I really don't care if he left the house in his car and would have returned in his car without setting foot outside (hitting other cars notwithstanding). I know I'll probably get people ranting what an irresponsible opinion it is, but I don't see how being shut up in a metal box is going to spread anything...apart from to the police who pull you over maybe.

Both are wrong.

the facts need to be established to see how many things he has contravened.....but lets be clear, he shouldn't have been out, without good reason.

we are in the middle of a pandemic and a huge threat to life indiscriminately, probably the worst in a life time......the leading medical experts have advised and subsequently told us what to do, its not for us to apply our own spin, and defy it....without consequence.

Many front line folk are risking their lives, only to see this gross flaunting of behaviour.

He has a tricky situation to manouvre out of, but i think many fans will have a different view of him after this.

• Thanks 1

Ordinarily  he would in now for Training so would have to see at least Smith but as everyone has been asked to stay home so any hold up could be due to all parties that need to be involved Jack , Agent , Smith ,Purslow are not able to meet in person at BH 

He has clearly been stupid here but I''ll await the official word before I condemn him , if he is out drinking with likes of Ross that's a bigger issue as well.He cleaned up his act after Terry joined and was having boring meals out with McGinn according to Smith so if he has gone off the rails is this just him being stupid ,  or are we talking bigger issues ala Merson//Gazza here.

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Done 6 weeks ago you say?

But not till the end of the 2021 window?

Make your mind up pal. 

Players agreeing a move in principle and the Clubs not having agreed the fee make it difficult to predict an exact time especially given the fact that six weeks ago we were still playing football. Now we don’t know when this season will end and when the transfer window will open that’s why I’ve said till next summer.

Â