The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 05/12/2019 at 08:12, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's difficult when a lot of the players around him aren't that good. He'd have been brilliant had he been in that Chelsea team, quicker, better players on his wave length. He basically had it all to do last night, hard for him to carry us going forward every single week. 

bang on the money.

And that is the key, they're not......If Dean is right and the club want to build a team around him, I am encouraged.....but lets see.

at the moment, he is a one man show.

On 05/12/2019 at 07:03, foreveryoung said:

I think we sacrifice the middle to try and get the ball to Grealish all the time. This will back fire soon as all the teams now see our tactics are centered around him. When Grealish was out against liverpool, it was one of the best games I have seen us play, all chasing for the ball. I think the team is getting much to to reliant on Grealish, weather this is tactical i'm not sure.

I see what you’re saying, but on the other hand his goal v United came from AEG running the length of the pitch, and Mings’ goal was nothing to do with him etc - what we need to do is have teams respond to him being our greatest threat but also use other options when they have multiple men on him. Hourihane’s goal v WBA is the classic example where their whole team focused on Jack and he just rolled it to CH. It’s a growth thing our team needs to go through. But most of them are 10-15 games into their top-flight career - I think all these things will develop. 

I think he needs commending, because he takes a lot of stick, He must be playing with knocks.

His ability to cut across his man and draw a foul is wizardry

Edited by TRO

Having to do so much with so little support. There was one point near the end where he ran all the way across the box looking for someone to move into space, no one did. Could you imagine how good he would be with better players around him 

Regularly starting to add goals to his game, could well end up top scorer at this rate aswell as being the assist king.

Would only be human though if at times he was thinking to himself across the pitch and seeing the quality Maddison has around him.

We stay up we need to step it up a level in transfer market otherwise he won't be staying with us out of loyalty forever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Regularly starting to add goals to his game, could well end up top scorer at this rate aswell as being the assist king.

Would only be human though if at times he was thinking to himself across the pitch and seeing the quality Maddison has around him.

We stay up we need to step it up a level in transfer market otherwise he won't be staying with us out of loyalty forever.

He'll be off if we don't stay up that's for sure. If we do, he'll give us another season but we need some real statement signings similar to the sort Leicester and Wolves have been making to keep him long term. I personally think we're a good 4/5 quality players short still and will need to spend big again next summer, I especially think we're weak at full back, in central midfield and up front. Signing another player like him who can carry the ball will also help take the pressure off him. 

Having said that, I didn't think he played well today. Maybe because of too many passengers alongside him, but his passing was very poor and he gave the ball away a lot (most notably just after half time which led to a corner for them and their third). I also think he still has a tendency to get wound up and was perhaps lucky not to be sent off for lashing out today. Definitely needs some support though and for others to start performing better around him. 

• Like 1

He would be amazing playing at a top six club where he doesn't have to do it all. Extremely talented young man with a love of football & his team. Rare commodity these days. 

Surrounded by garbage and became sloppy in possession by his standards. Very difficult to expect him to carry us week in week out, others have to step up.

Can't help but think this will be a massive break through season for him and will also be his last season for us. Loads of clubs will want him by the end of the season and he'd thrive with quality around him.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Swore towards our bench today so someone said something to upset him. They must have told him to pass to Wesley more! 

I couldn't work out which bench he was mouthing off at. Not sure if I'm happier or not that it was our own bench...

Â