The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Lazy journalism as usual in the mirror “Man Utd might consider a bid for Grealish” as if that wasn’t going to get written after that goal. Are all football journalist generically obvious. 

that being said why isn’t he being offered a massive new contract right now. 

Edited by punkiller1981

5 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Lazy journalism as usual in the mirror “Man Utd might consider a bid for Grealish” as if that wasn’t going to get written after that goal. Are all football journalist generically obvious. 

Because he signed one a few months ago 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

Yes in the championship we are in the premier league now and he is showing he is a top premier league player not a top championship player. If we don’t pay him somebody else will.

Yeh, I agree with this. Villa should be offering him 200k a week with a 175m buyout clause. Being a Villa fan goes out the window when teams like Man City and Liverpool are offering Champions League football and mega money. I’d be trying to tie him down sooner rather than later.  

why? contracts mean nothing, him signing a new deal wouldn't make him more likely to stay or to deter potential buyers, probably wouldn't even increase his price tag

all it does is make him richer and potentially change the wage structure of the club, he gets £200k a week and the 2nd best paid player gets £60k? that doesn't work, its more likely to piss everyone else off

if his agent isn't making noises then leave it as it is

• Like 4

It’s about perception as much as anything, he is our best player by a country mile and he is our only player including mcginn that is irreplaceable. A huge contract shows ambition to keep our best player, makes him even more expensive for other clubs and actually rewards him for his performance in the premier league. 

Im sure his contract was a fantastic championship contract and I imagine he was easily the highest paid player but this is the premier league and he deserves the best deal we can offer. As for the other players then it’s simple, match his skill and influence and similar money will follow until then you get what your worth. 

I believe Barca renegotiate with Messi almost every year so why wouldn’t we do what we can to make our best player happy. (And no I’m not saying he is as good as Messi)

we're in the middle of a rebuild, we need another couple of players, we have a squad of players all by and large doing ok

the impact that giving grealish another £50-100k a week has on our finances and the rest of the team isn't actually worth the meaningless deterrent that it would offer

take sterling at Liverpool for example, the snake and greedy bastard stuff, he joined city for less than Liverpool were offering in the end (I think) its not always about money, if PSG or Barca come in for him at £120m do you think jack will say no thanks ive just signed a new £150k a week contract? no chance

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No, people actually thought he was that. I'm not misremembering. 

I'm sure you are right, just others thought he was worth more, just not to us where we were.

• Like 1

James Maddison: 13 games 4 goals 2 assists

Jack Grealish: 12 games 3 goals, 4 assists.

There isn't much between them, but Jack's played a game less and got more goal points.

For anyone still saying Jack needs to add more goals and assists to his game, the joke is on you.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Even if they want him, they cant afford him.

He will cost a lot more money than they paid for MqGuire. A lot more.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, I agree with this. Villa should be offering him 200k a week with a 175m buyout clause. Being a Villa fan goes out the window when teams like Man City and Liverpool are offering Champions League football and mega money. I’d be trying to tie him down sooner rather than later.  

Absolutely not.

He's world class but he's only recently signed a new deal. There's going to a wage structure in place at Villa that will slowly increase year on year as the rebuild continues, each season we can push up his wages if needs be. If we go all in with offering him 200k a week now suddenly all our players will be demanding pay rises, the long term financial stability of the club will be fractured and Jacks drive and desire may be dented.

It's working as it is, no need to change anything right now.

40 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

James Maddison: 13 games 4 goals 2 assists

Jack Grealish: 12 games 3 goals, 4 assists.

There isn't much between them, but Jack's played a game less and got more goal points.

For anyone still saying Jack needs to add more goals and assists to his game, the joke is on you.

And Grealish is playing for the inferior team in that debate.

Villa hover around 40-55% possession in most games I imagine and he’s devastating. Imagine what he’d be doing in team like Man City or Liverpool where they have 75% possession. 

He’d be tearing up in an England side alongside the likes of Kane and Sterling.

Wont be long now. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

But for the love of God  take Jack off set pieces. He can't take corners and free kicks

Even if he was good at corners, I'd much rather have him as an option towards the end of the box. It's a complete waste having him swinging them in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

It’s about perception as much as anything, he is our best player by a country mile and he is our only player including mcginn that is irreplaceable. A huge contract shows ambition to keep our best player, makes him even more expensive for other clubs and actually rewards him for his performance in the premier league. 

Im sure his contract was a fantastic championship contract and I imagine he was easily the highest paid player but this is the premier league and he deserves the best deal we can offer. As for the other players then it’s simple, match his skill and influence and similar money will follow until then you get what your worth. 

I believe Barca renegotiate with Messi almost every year so why wouldn’t we do what we can to make our best player happy. (And no I’m not saying he is as good as Messi)

I do agree with this.

Jack shows to the rest of the players that he's top boy on work rate and what they all should be putting in. The club should hand out Jack a better contract because he has bettered himself, I would say the same for every player if they were putting in exceptional displays against teams who have world class talent. By giving Jack a better more improved contract, it speaks many things, one it says to Jack thank you and here's your reward for making things happen and two you show our players the way forward and if they want the same as you then they will need to put in the effort like you Jack. 

We do though have to be careful to not fall into a hole with handing out higher increased contracts as we did before, Villa have to hand new better deals out based on performance over time and not because they have had a quarter of a season as our beat rated player. I know it's highly unlikely in Jacks case but in other players they can be good for one bit if the season and bad the next.

We still need to be able to shift players as well and if for some reason we've made a bad mistake and highered someone wages who was once good and is now going through a horrible footballing time, we then won't be able to shift them.

Remember folks, that low wages with a lovely player means they are attractive as hell, if anything when it's time for players to move on we don't want them on a 120k a week do we.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

really? he literally just signed a new deal, and following our promotion is on 100k a week. already we have had mcginn stalling on signing a new deal in the summer because he wanted to be paid the same as jack

but yeah let's pay him 200k a week and if we go down, and whoever buys him only wants to pay him 60k pw we then have to keep paying him 140k pw whilst in the championship until the end of his contract. christ it's a good job some people on here don't own football clubs!!

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I cant help notice the similarities here with gazza in his prime.

I see this as well in the way he plays the game, but jack's more of an athlete. The sky is the limit for Jack 

Â