The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's worth £100m right now. Definitely. And I think we would ask for it. 

He’s going to be world class. Can’t see anything stopping him now, apart from injury. 

If he carries on like this and gets in the Eng team for the Euro’s, we’ll be talking Coutinho money if someone wants him in the summer. 

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

He’s going to be world class. Can’t see anything stopping him now, apart from injury. 

If he carries on like this and gets in the Eng team for the Euro’s, we’ll be talking Coutinho money if someone wants him in the summer. 

His injuries worry me. He's built like a racehorse, finely tuned. Yes he can take a whack, but they'll get him again eventually. 

Tackles aren't as bad in the PL now though, despite him being the most fouled player ever to have played in... I expect. 

• Like 1

Man City already have Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, and De Bruyne all of whom have similar qualities to Grealish, so whilst I think he'd be well suited to their team I don't think he's someone they'd be desperate for, and for the money that Premier league clubs can command for their star players these days they'd probably think they could get better value for money elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yep, about time we collectively said it out loud

Jack Grealish is world class.

We’ve known it for a while, and everyone said he’d get found out in the Premier League. Well now the football world is taking notice, the man is sheer class and only going to get better. 

• Like 1

The funniest part of Robbie

2 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

'Grealish is far better than Villa'

Man United 2-2 Aston Villa

8557841a-b29b-4236-9d24-e82a9b116cf1.jpg

Robbie Savage

Ex-Wales midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live

Aston Villa what are they going to achieve? Staying in the Premier League.

If they achieve that it is going to be a great season for them, they are not winning a cup.

If Manchester City, Spurs or Chelsea come with a massive offer for Jack Grealish, let’s say £80m, I think he’ll go.

He’s far better than Aston Villa.

I hate Savage.

The lol in this conversation is Tottenham. A side that hasn’t won a trophy for 12 years and that was the league cup 1991 is the last time they even won the FA cup. In that time they Wigan have won the FA cup and Leicester have won the league. To put spurs in the same sentence as clubs like Man City and Chelsea who have actually won stuff us laughable. Plus spurs would actually have pay money to get him which is a problem for them. Clearly having a nice ground and winning nothing makes you a big club!!! Joke club 

On 30/11/2019 at 00:30, TheMelvillan said:

All I know is that if he ever leaves it will be the first time that I have a "second team". I just love watching the guy play football, as I feel any true football fan should, and will keenly follow his career wherever it takes him. I have never before thought that about a villa player

Yep.

He's more or less there as my favourite ever player I think. Last season is my favourite year ever and Jack was leading from the front every time he stepped on the pitch.

He's so good it's just frankly silly. He would start for every other team in the league, which makes him one of the best players in the world. CM for Liverpool, up front for City, just in case you're wondering.

Southgate is the only person in the Country who understands why Jack hasn’t been picked yet. He is different to any other English player. No other can carry the ball as effectively as him or weight a pass so precisely. I love watching him play. He always has time on the ball. It’s effortless.

I am pretty sure that if we don’t stay up he will go in the summer. Even if we do stay up I only think he will stay for one more season. He can play for pretty much anyone and he deserves to. 

Whatever happens we should all just enjoy it whilst we can. He is the best player ever to have come through our system in all my time as a fan and I doubt we will produce another of equal quality in the rest of my life.

• Like 1

Big offers are coming, it’s to be expected. I think a big club will bid big in January to test the water and see if it unsettles Grealish at all. A sale in January won’t happen, but thereafter much will depend on where Villa finish, as that in turn will play a big part in dictating ambition for the following season. Unfortunately you can never say never in football, anything is possible in the modern game. I happen to think that we can finish 7-10th IF we can secure a goal scorer in January. If we did that then I’d say that would be encouragement enough for Jack to think we could start challenging with 1 or 2 quality summer signings. Lots of Ifs, buts, maybes. Jack is currently almost unique in world football with the type of talent he has, he’s different to everyone else. The greedy big clubs will want him, and you can guarantee City won’t want him going to any rivals. It’s up to us as a club to not **** this up and put ourselves in a position where the player is almost forced to look at other options!

Â