The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

just looking at the squad and think every other player except them 2 and Hepburn Murphy made debut after 2016

Surely Jed Steer would have played before then, he's been here 7 years though I'm not sure when he made his debut

Im guessing you are talking about debuts otherwise Grealish would have been with the club since he about 10 or whenever

Edit, I see someones already mentioned him, one drawback of not having thread quote anymore.. wish you could delete messages

Edited by Junxs
Tired post (just finishing night shift and cant think straight)

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'd say he's closest to Rui Costa in style.

He's quite unique though, he almost completely relies simply on body feints which if you think about how damn good he is at getting by players is very impressive.

I was watching some videos of Carlos Valderrama the big bouffant Columbian legend from the 90s other day and I thought his style of play reminded me a lot of Grealish.

The languid playing style, the ability to drift past players, the appearance of having all the time in the world despite being in the most crowded areas of the pitch, incredible passing range and a few times when he gets crowded into a corner by opponents and pulls out an outrageous piece of skill to keep possession.

Apparently Laurent Blanc said this about him. "He was a natural exponent of 'toque', keeping the ball moving. But he was so gifted that we could give him the ball when we didn't know what else to do with it knowing he wouldn’t lose it... and often he would do things that most of us only dream about." If that doesn't perfectly describe the Grealish role at Villa I'm not sure what else does.

There are loads of videos on youtube so have a watch and see what you think.

Edited by villadodo

On 13/06/2019 at 23:21, Tomaszk said:

When people ask me who he plays like...the reason it's so hard is because the players he's similar to are the world's elite.

David Silva and Modric are two he always reminds me of in possession. Madness. Wijnaldum a lot recently as well with his play around opposition areas, pops up in all sorts of dangerous spots. He's not the same as any of them though, he's got his own slightly deep yet attacking roving role that draws everyone in toward him.

Always feels a bit silly to say those names, but that's the level he can achieve for me. Be so pleased for him, and Villa overall, if he can dominate for us next year. 

Still this.

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He finally has new boots!! 🎉🎉 

34s2fxh.jpg

They look like a pair of slippers. I don’t know what the world’s coming to, football boots should be black and with plenty of dubbing on them. How’s he going to kick a ball out of a muddy puddle on a wet Wednesday night in January in those pretty boy things? Kids today.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

They look like a pair of slippers. I don’t know what the world’s coming to, football boots should be black and with plenty of dubbing on them. How’s he going to kick a ball out of a muddy puddle on a wet Wednesday night in January in those pretty boy things? Kids today.....

You must wear some pretty snazzy slippers!! 😆

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Is he still eligible?  Turns 24 soon.

Yes he is. Anyone 23 or under when the season starts can win it. He's 33/1...:detect:

Edited by villa89

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Could be a good bet for pfa young player of the year this season if odds are available.

Let’s not forget Lampard has taken over at Chelsea. The media will praise him for giving the youngsters a chance (they won’t mention the transfer ban). One of those who may only play 10 games will still win Young player of year

Â