The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Smith made Jota look like a world beater, so he should suit Grealish down to the ground. I hope he can shine in Smiths system. 

I think he'll shine partly because of how Smith sets up his teams, but he'll also shine because of Terry who seems to be someone Grealish really listened to and respected. 

We could really see the best of Jack, and our other attacking players, now. If they can be encouraged and coached on playing together in an attacking style (instead of everyone just giving the ball to Jack all the time because they don’t know what do, what runs to make or what positions to get into) we could be a real force and score a lot of goals...Some proper cohesion and patterns of play would drastically improve us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

To be honest, if he doesn't I'm going to start asking questions. He has been so hit and miss throughout his career so far.

I think he is too lazy and nonchalant at times.

• Like 3

I think the criticism is quite harsh, we had no style of play and he is too heavily relied on. He is expected to do too much without any support.We would have been more than woeful without him. The case was pretty much, stop Jack & you stop Villa.

You’re talking about the only player who turned up for the POF and pretty much ran the show for us, again all on his own. We haven’t played as a team but hopefully that all changes now!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I think he is too lazy and nonchalant at times.

ozil-lite

i dont think he is either, just looks it due to his style, i've noticed him increasingly throwing himself in to blocking shots (our flair player, attacking midfielder, desperately lunging in to block shots on the edge of our box, cheers steve..) he also has the best off the ball movement in the club (which isnt hard) constantly on the move finding space

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Hopefully the tactics of each fixture allow Jack to be better supported by his teammates, bringing others into the game more and making us less reliant on his ability to do something exceptional like dribble around a number of defenders before firing a shot off or playing a killer pass.

The ball moves faster than the man so we want to see effective positional awareness and passing sequences bring the ball in to attack. Add that dynamic to the talent we have in midfield and attack and we will be dangerous! 

Jack will probably start to score goals and assist with regularity should we instill a system where players are positioned to create chances for their teammates and not reliant on individual bravado or even dumb luck.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 11:45, A'Villan said:

Hopefully the tactics of each fixture allow Jack to be better supported by his teammates, bringing others into the game more and making us less reliant on his ability to do something exceptional like dribble around a number of defenders before firing a shot off or playing a killer pass.

The ball moves faster than the man so we want to see effective positional awareness and passing sequences bring the ball in to attack. Add that dynamic to the talent we have in midfield and attack and we will be dangerous! 

Jack will probably start to score goals and assist with regularity should we instill a system where players are positioned to create chances for their teammates and not reliant on individual bravado or even dumb luck.

I completely agree with this. Hopefully Grealish will be the biggest beneficiary of Dean Smith’s methods. 

I know Grealish liked Bruce, but what Smith brings to the table looks like it could be exactly what Grealish needs to kick on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I completely agree with this. Hopefully Grealish will be the biggest beneficiary of Dean Smith’s methods. 

I know Grealish liked Bruce, but what Smith brings to the table looks like it could be exactly what Grealish needs to kick on. 

This plus JT is back, Jack really flourished having a player like that to look up to last season, and an arm round the shoulder.

• Like 1

Grealish should eb the fulcrum of Smith's side in the last third, and inbetween the lines getting to the last third I spose. If Jack doesn't shine in a technical, possession based team then maybe he's not what we al hoped he could be. Personally though I think he'll be the first name on the sheet and be a match winner for us, we should be about keeping the ball and moving it quickly so he should get plenty of touches and have more chance to show what he's about.

• Like 1

Grealish talent is there for all to see. Unfortunately he has come through at a time where we have had awful anti football managers and he basicatis still a raw talent who has never been coached. I can't think of a manager who has improved him. Yes he had a spell and in a way Bruce/Terry had an impact on his attitude and professionalism but has there been a manager who sits him down and tells him what he does right and weong and improve him as an indiviual. He seems self taught where as these tottwbokids for example get good coaching and learning have have improved much faster. I hope Dean Smith can teach Grealish when to attack.. where to attack.. where to be to receive the ball.. not to dwell on the ball too long.. move it quicker etc. If this happens... We will finally see the true potential of the lad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Rubbing your hands together in gleeful anticipation of our best youth product in years failing, so you can say 'I told you so' on the Internet. Great to see your priorities are in order. 

Not really, Just want him to actually do something that justifies the hype & hysteria

Â