Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished "You"

It's a bit trashy teen, but it's pretty good to be fair.

Starts off a bit cheesy and weird but by the end I have to admit I was hooked.

Oh and the main character reminds me of a young Dennis Reynolds... which actually fits the plot quite nicely :D 

I liked it too, it is a bit trashy and everyone is implausibly good-looking but the ending genuinely surprised me (well not so much the very last scene, but the conclusion of the main storyline)

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I liked it too, it is a bit trashy and everyone is implausibly good-looking but the ending genuinely surprised me (well not so much the very last scene, but the conclusion of the main storyline)

Spoiler

I always thought he was going to kill her. But the show managed to make me change my mind and then be surprised all over again when he did kill her :D

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 20:39, pete101 said:

Finished Evil Genius last night  , Netflix documentary,  only 4 episodes in it.

Thought was very good , mad story 

I binged through this in one sitting, finished at 1am!

Wowsers, what a story. Bat shit crazy or criminal masterminds? Both I guess.

Binged watched You with the better half over the past few days. Really enjoyed it, but started to drift out of it after watching the 6th episode in a row so probably need to go back and re-watch the last couple.

I did have to google how much a first version of Wuthering Heights was worth though...last sale was in 2007 for £114,000! 

Finished the first season of The Deuce. It's just okay. Some good acting and set design but there's no interesting overall story arc and it's just a lot of random events happening in each episode. I won't be rushing out to watch season two. Killing Eve is the next series on my list to watch. 

I also watched They Shall Not Grow Old the WWI documentary. It's interesting and gives a good account of the harrowing nature of WWI that's often forgotten. The conditions those men lived in on the front lines weren't fit for rats.  

Edited by villa89

HBO looking strong for this year.

True Detective on Jan 13th, and then GOT and Watchmen later in the year.

Video contains a tiny clip from the final season of GOT :o

• Like 1

not bad for a company that had a shake up...

game of thrones, true detective, lovecraft country, demimonde, watchmen, the outsider, ballers, maybe the time travellers wife (i liked the book) Chernobyl, the plot against america, his dark materials, if they do another westworld and the deuce

i will be watching a lot of HBO again this year

still need more michael k williams though 

2 hours ago, sne said:

HBO looking strong for this year.

True Detective on Jan 13th, and then GOT and Watchmen later in the year.

Video contains a tiny clip from the final season of GOT :o

I'm still fundamentally opposed to a Watchmen sequel, let alone one not involving Alan Moore, but the brief clips there look alright. Jeremy Irons as an old Veidt (have they confirmed that yet?) is inspired casting. Hopefully their Rorschach replacement can hold to a candle to one of the best comic characters ever.

• Like 2

On 05/01/2019 at 18:16, sharkyvilla said:

It's the first series of it I've watched and I enjoyed it, but I think I needed to know more of the back story.  I'll have a go at watching it from the start at some stage.

Yeah you definitely need to watch from the start to get the history with Alice and Luther

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah you definitely need to watch from the start to get the history with Alice and Luther

I thought so, there was a villain in it that I assume is from a previous series as well.  The actual murder part of it was good enough to hold my attention anyway even if I didn't know what the **** was going on in the rest of it.

Anyone bothered watching Surviving R.Kelly?

Not going to bother I think, but he seem like a proper rocket polisher by all accounts.

Dave Chappelle was spot on back in the day.

Watched the C4 Brexit show last night. Obviously a lot was changed for tv drama purposes but it really showed how Remain just didn't have a clue what to do.

The focus group scene was brilliant and summed it up

• Like 1

not seen anything from it yet, it was more just the HBO with WB, produced by jordan peele, JJ abrahams, ben stephenson (head of BBC independent dramas), starring micahael k williams (omar) and courtney b vance (johnnie cochran  in OJ) 

directed by yann demange, i can remember but didnt watch dead set  but i did watch and enjoy top boy on C4 and his film 71

the road trip across america during the jim crow stuff is whats got me interested

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not seen anything from it yet, it was more just the HBO with WB, produced by jordan peele, JJ abrahams, ben stephenson (head of BBC independent dramas), starring micahael k williams (omar) and courtney b vance (johnnie cochran  in OJ) 

directed by yann demange, i can remember but didnt watch dead set  but i did watch and enjoy top boy on C4 and his film 71

the road trip across america during the jim crow stuff is whats got me interested

Can confirm it's looking great ;) 

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am enjoying BCS,  I am at season 3 episode 2.

I take it I have lots to look forward too ?

It's so fantastic. 😀

I think Season 4 was a bit weaker than the previous couple. But it's still brilliant.

It's a great show.

• Like 3

Â