Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Poirot ain't Poirot without the wonderful David Suchet.

I still believe that Batman ain't Batman without Adam West, but... Malkovitch's Poirot is similar to the Batman reboot, taking it from light to dark. Works for me. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So annoyed.

First iron fist was cancelled 

Then daredevil was cancelled

Now bloody ash vs evil dead :angry:

That's because they're..

.3a7a935157c224b2d1f3cda820db2ad695d464b2

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

How dare you insult the epic show known as ash vs evil dead !!

Yeah it's a pity they're stopping that one, it's a terrific show.

Love me a bit of Bruce Campbell.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So annoyed.

First iron fist was cancelled 

Then daredevil was cancelled

Now bloody ash vs evil dead :angry:

Stop watching shit TV then :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bet you never seen one episode of either!,

I saw a few episodes of the marvel ones. Just dull. I did like the Punisher though, on that theme. Best one they did. 

On 30/12/2018 at 22:11, mjmooney said:

So, the BBC non-singing Les Mis. Pretty decent start, I thought (although I haven't read the book). But the casting of a few black actors has brought out the Daily Mail readers. This review on IMDb, ten minutes after it started: 

I liked it although I kept expecting Dominic West to give a rueful look and the Stella Artois music to start playing.

• Like 1

3 eps into miniseries Escape at Dannemora with Benicio Del Toro, Paul Dano and Patricia Arquette.

It's really quite good, casting is spot on and it's a interesting story about a prison escape and apparently it's very accurate to the true events.

Directed by Ben Stiller.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sne said:

3 eps into miniseries Escape at Dannemora with Benicio Del Toro, Paul Dano and Patricia Arquette.

It's really quite good, casting is spot on and it's a interesting story about a prison escape and apparently it's very accurate to the true events.

Directed by Ben Stiller.

I've only seen the first one so far, but was very impressed. 

I struggle with 'slow' things normally, but the quality of the acting and the way it was shot, meant the hour went pretty quickly, despite not a lot happening. 

Patricia Arquette is absolutely outstanding in it. 

Got through "The Innocent Man" on Netflix over xmas.

Pretty good. Not up to the standard of other similar docs, but still very interesting. Very much along the same lines of Making a Murderer, The Staircase, The Confession Tapes etc. Supposedly Innocent Man/men in prison and the efforts to get them out.

Also getting through the second season of The Sinner. To be honest it's kinda boring. I want to see what happens but I'm lacking motivation. Certainly not as intriguing as the first season.

Â