Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 10/12/2018 at 08:19, VILLAMARV said:

Horses 4 courses.

I thought the OA was feckin brilliant. I also love the way so many people had such a negative reaction to the ending.

Another vote here for the OA.  I thought it was great and actually had an ending, instead of 99% of shows which just plan to keep spinning season after season as long as they can.

Trying to talk to people who had a negative reaction to the ending is impossible though. It's like trying to talk sense to a Trump supporter.

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Another vote here for the OA.  I thought it was great and actually had an ending, instead of 99% of shows which just plan to keep spinning season after season as long as they can.

Trying to talk to people who had a negative reaction to the ending is impossible though. It's like trying to talk sense to a Trump supporter.

Because it was hilariously awful :D 

And I have bad news for you, they've planned 5 seasons of it :) 

There's plenty left open for more seasons though. Those were the parts I actually liked. 

9 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Just started the 3rd season of Fortitude on Sky. 

It's not out and out amazing, but it's probably the best of the 'Sky originals' so far, alongside Penny Dreadful. 

Worth a watch. 

for some reason i just havent got around to watching most of the sky originals, wanted to watch jamestown, riviera, guerrilla, tin star but havent bothered

bulletproof was ok, i think it was an original (or a sky partnership with canal+) i really enjoyed the last panthers

amazing how far behind they have been left as a distributor, they seem to chase the big studio exclusive deals rather than putting in the leg work and buying up everything at the festivals like netflix do

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

piers morgans next show could be the 10 best looking women in the world stripping for him and you'd still have to pay me to watch it

not sure if he would be 1st up the wall but he'd definitely be a single digit in the queue

First time I ever saw something with Piers Morgan. These might be harsh words. But to sum it up: he interviews a serial killer and comes across as the asshole of the two. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

for some reason i just havent got around to watching most of the sky originals, wanted to watch jamestown, riviera, guerrilla, tin star but havent bothered

bulletproof was ok, i think it was an original (or a sky partnership with canal+) i really enjoyed the last panthers

amazing how far behind they have been left as a distributor, they seem to chase the big studio exclusive deals rather than putting in the leg work and buying up everything at the festivals like netflix do

I can't explain this very well, but they always lack a bit of originality and 'soul' IMO 

Like when a band has a breakthrough debut album, then a record label chucks a load of money at them and the next one is Shite. 

They seem to have a checklist for each kind of drama they want to make and they end up being too contrived and 'paint by numbers'. I dunno, I'm talking rubbish 😀

• Like 1

what the hell have the BBC done to Watership down?  Looks awful, rabbits look more like hares, animation & the cgi in general is absolutely terrible, voice acting is flat and doesn't really appear to be synced quite right and the sound levels seem all over the place.

How the f**k have they managed to blow £18 million quid on this?

Just show the original rather than this shit.

Edited by LakotaDakota

13 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

what the hell have the BBC done to Watership down?  Looks awful, rabbits look more like hares, animation & the cgi in general is absolutely terrible, voice acting is flat and doesn't really appear to be synced quite right and the sound levels seem all over the place.

I bet it isn't as scary as the original either?

43 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Both versions are pointless. Aimed at adults, but I'd rather watch the CBeebies Peter Rabbit. 

Rabbits are brave... rabbits are brave... 

Edited by mjmooney

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I quite enjoyed episode 1 of The ABC Murders (John Malkovitch as Hercule Poirot). And not just because one of the scenes was filmed on our allotment. 

Surely more suited to the Rubbish Claims To Fame thread ;)

But yes it was decent enough.  I get suspicious about programmes that have a lot of arty farty slow motion in it, like they're doing it so they can stretch it into 3 episodes.

• Like 1

Â