Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, hogso said:

Is this the 'choose your own adventure' one? I tried the minecraft one and it was clunky to say the least. 

Unconfirmed rumour, but a lot of media sites seem to be saying it is. 

18 hours ago, hogso said:

Is this the 'choose your own adventure' one? I tried the minecraft one and it was clunky to say the least. 

It's interactive! 

Trying not to see/read too much as I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow/Sunday, but I've seen one post on twitter suggesting there is over 300mins of content, which condenses into a 90 minute movie with choices along the way.

looks amazing. 

Just watched the new Black Mirror 'interactive.'

Pretty enjoyable and the first time I've ever see anything like it. I was definitely engrossed but somehow I was left a little ungratified. I think it's the not knowing if you got the 'best' or 'right' result/ending.

35 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Just watched the new Black Mirror 'interactive.'

Pretty enjoyable and the first time I've ever see anything like it. I was definitely engrossed but somehow I was left a little ungratified. I think it's the not knowing if you got the 'best' or 'right' result/ending.

I'm assuming you can go back, re-watch and make different choices as you go? 

I'd kinda planned to make a note of mine as I went along then repeat with  different choices? 

22 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I'd kinda planned to make a note of mine as I went along then repeat with  different choices? 

Don't want to say anything about it as it's a new format and don't want to impact anyones experience of it :thumb:

• Thanks 1

Bandersnatch was amazing. I also got the 'unfulfilled' feeling for some reason but other than that it was so clever and so amazingly seamless when moving between choices. Very clever and very creepy.

It does give you the option to return to a branch point you didn't take when your chosen story comes to an end, which makes it quite strange because you never know when the film has 'finished' as such. But they have incorporated this aspect into the story itself which is kind of genius.

• Like 1

Yep I'm exactly the same.

Really enjoyed it and was a cool concept, but the actual story seemed to end really abruptly and I don't think it was actually that good. I've had a couple of different endings but I feel very unsatisfied by it.

Some bits were brilliant though

Spoiler

When he starts to become aware of you making the choices was great. If anyone got the bit where you tell him about Netflix and then he tries to explain it to the doctor it's hilarious

47 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I think there are so many paths that making a note will be pointless. 

• Like 1

Still watching and exploring the options.

Spoiler

The level of detail is astonishing - the adverts that pop up based on the initial cereal decision for example. And whether Colin is or isn't present in certain scenes. It is truly remarkable.

But yeah, overall even a fantastic implementation like this does highlight the difficulty of telling a really coherent and fulfilling story in this fashion. 5 stars out of 5 for effort though!

• Like 1

Poirot complete. IMDb is littered with one star reviews, mostly along the lines of "It's not like the book, so it's WRONG" or "It's not David Suchet, so it's WRONG". 

I thought it was brilliant, bravo Malkovitch and the writers/director. 

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Poirot complete. IMDb is littered with one star reviews, mostly along the lines of "It's not like the book, so it's WRONG" or "It's not David Suchet, so it's WRONG". 

I thought it was brilliant, bravo Malkovitch and the writers/director. 

Bond was never the same without Brosnan. I think it was around this time I stopped masturbating into pillow cases.

So, the BBC non-singing Les Mis. Pretty decent start, I thought (although I haven't read the book). But the casting of a few black actors has brought out the Daily Mail readers. This review on IMDb, ten minutes after it started: 

IMG_20181230_220329.jpg

Â