Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 07/01/2019 at 18:39, sharkyvilla said:

I thought so, there was a villain in it that I assume is from a previous series as well.  The actual murder part of it was good enough to hold my attention anyway even if I didn't know what the **** was going on in the rest of it.

Watch Series 1 Episode 1 and it will give you all you need to know about Alice. 

They're all on iPlayer at the moment. 

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Luther was good but Alice transformation from psychopath to cartoon supervillain was a bit ridiculous

Season 5 was a dip below previous seasons. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Luther was good but Alice transformation from psychopath to cartoon supervillain was a bit ridiculous

I've said it before but you have to treat Luther like a comic book/superhero show. Sounds weird but it really is like that. 

So supervillan sounds about right.

11 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Watched the C4 Brexit show last night. Obviously a lot was changed for tv drama purposes but it really showed how Remain just didn't have a clue what to do.

The focus group scene was brilliant and summed it up

Yes, fantastic scene - and a depressing reminder of it all unfolding!

Manhunt (3 part) ITV.

I was so disspointed with it.  It was 2 episodes too short.  

Loads of interesting stuff went on with this in court and with Millie Dowler especially.  It took years and years.

Some things were just stupid as well in terms of what Police do when searching houses and were done as fillers.

5/10

Some good new/returning TV coming up in the next week or so......

The Orville is back tonight

True Detective 3 early next week

The Passage starts next week (Gonna be watching this like - please don't f**k it up, please don't f**k it up.... Goddammit you f***ed it up)

Punisher S2 on the 18th.

Had Netflix or HBO picked up The Passage, I'd have been moist with anticipation, but Fox appear to have gone miles away from the books and doesn't seem to have much of a budget. Such a shame, could have been up there with the best if they used the source material correctly. 

• Like 1

Just finished HBO’s Barry. **** brilliant. Laugh out loud funny but also very, very dark at times. That final episode - wow. Can’t wait for season 2. 

I think I heard of it based on a recommendation on here, so cheers to whoever it was, if so 😊 .

Season 3 of True Detective start tonight (US) and The Passage tomorrow night (US)

Really crossing my fingers they wont suck.

Think there is at least hope for True Detective.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2019 at 11:15, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If it is half as good as the books then it will be amazing. 

There's a handful of reviews knocking about and it's kind of what I feared, that it would end up being  'ok/decent' 

This one in particular kinds of makes it out to be everything I hoped it wouldn't; 

https://www.vulture.com/2019/01/the-passage-tv-review.html

You wish the adaptation, like its smart, sweeping source material, could just breathe for a few minutes so the audience could settle more deeply into the alternative America that Cronin so carefully conjured on the page. If The Passage had landed at an HBO or a Netflix, it might have had an easier time accomplishing that.

Reviews seem to be based on the first 3 episodes and they all say it gets better as it goes along, so here's hoping that trend continues from episode 4 onwards too. 

• Thanks 1

Finished Escape at Dannemora or whatever it's called. Very good!

Also watching "You" now with my OH. It's quite bad. Have no idea why this dude is so fascinated with this woman cos she's dull as dishwater and a complete clearing in the woods.

• Like 1

Â