Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Having watched the second series, I don't think he did it. Or if he did, the narrative the police has of how is completely wrong, and has been manipulated to that end. Brendan is innocent - the evidence against him is literally a coerced confession and that's it.

The entire thing is damning of the US justice system. The powers that be are happy to have someone for the crime, whether they did it or not, and that shall not be questioned.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chindie said:

The entire thing is damning of the US justice system. The powers that be are happy to have someone for the crime, whether they did it or not, and that shall not be questioned.

Have you seen 13th on netflix (everyone should its brilliant)

Theres a 10 minute part of it that touches on it, there is such a back log of court cases that it can take 1 - 2 years to go to trial, so if you cant afford bail you will be imprisoned for maybe 2 years before trial where you will be given a shit lawyer and have no faith in the justice system, so if youve done a petty crime, cant afford a good lawyer or bail and they offer you no trial 6 months in prison walk away innocent people are seeing that as a better option and taking it, crime solved everyone happy

Finished Bodyguard (BBC/Netflix)

Pretty solid all in all but maybe not quite as good as some critics I've read made it out to be.

Last episode dragged on a bit and instead of being tense and exciting I kinda just wanted it to end and be done.

Still, not a bad effort.

• Thanks 1

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:49, wazzap24 said:

@sne @Pelle

I posted about the Passge TV show on here a while back.

It needed to be HBO/Netflix, with a proper budget and proper actors. 

Even if this turns out to be 'decent' it'll still be a massive missed opportunity. Amazing source material. 

Yeah, that's how I feel too. For some reason these books seems to have gone under the radar. I you're right in that however it pans out it still should've been done better as it deserves to be done better. Really a stupid thing to say, but still true. :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sne said:

Finished Bodyguard (BBC/Netflix)

Pretty solid all in all but maybe not quite as good as some critics I've read made it out to be.

Last episode dragged on a bit and instead of being tense and exciting I kinda just wanted it to end and be done.

Still, not a bad effort.

Actuallt started to watch it last night. Or rather, the missus was as a I fell asleep in recliner. Anyway, I woke up in the 2nd or 3rd episode and started to follow it briefly, but the longer it went on the more it caught my eye. Thought it was very good. At least untill E5 where we decided that it was time to go to bed as she was sleeping on the couch.

On 27/10/2018 at 08:53, villa4europe said:

Have you seen 13th on netflix (everyone should its brilliant)

Theres a 10 minute part of it that touches on it, there is such a back log of court cases that it can take 1 - 2 years to go to trial, so if you cant afford bail you will be imprisoned for maybe 2 years before trial where you will be given a shit lawyer and have no faith in the justice system, so if youve done a petty crime, cant afford a good lawyer or bail and they offer you no trial 6 months in prison walk away innocent people are seeing that as a better option and taking it, crime solved everyone happy

The third season of the podcast "Serial" is a look inside America's justice system, by focusing on what happens inside the courthouses in Cleveland. Fascinating stuff, and you can see how Americas jails become so crowded due to poverty, institutionalized racism, corruption and good old fashioned laziness and incompetence

Watched the first episode of DCs titans.

I really wasn’t expecting much from it but it’s pretty good and extremely violent. Already shaping up to be one of the better superhero series out there. A better than any DC one anyway

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Bake off final tonight :)

Well, that was as dramatic as a Bake Off final could have been! I wonder if the executives at Channel 4 are considering land mines to spice up next year’s final.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bake off winner was bullshit

I don't think so

Spoiler

He was clearly the best baker throughout the show, despite his wobbles in the last couple of episodes. And he was lucky to be in it after the quarter finals when he should have gone.

But over the whole show he was the best, and he was clearly the best in the final.

Weird final though. The showstoppers were all rubbish.

Â