Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The problem I have with bake off is I can see if the cake looks nice, whether they’ve met the criteria the judges have asked, visually anyway. 

But I’m relying on the judges’ word that a cake tasted nice or not which I would imagine is the most important bit. So ultimately I’m sort of detached from the decision.

I don’t like X factor or strictly, but at least I can in my own mind decide whether someone looks/sounds the part and whether they’re a worthy winner.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

finished season 2 of making a murderer, last couple of episodes were really good, there seems some really in for a penny in for a pound stuff especially with what some of government characters on the brendan side of the story keep saying, its gone way too far for them to turn round and accept they've **** up, i did wonder at times what the consequences of the pair of them being released would be and how that plays in to whats happening now, how much does the pair of them getting a retrial and winning cost the american government? or that state in particular? there is a political element to it that i don't think the show touched on, the state guy or whoever he was just diverted everything back towards sympathy for the halbachs rather than wanting to look at the case again, i think he knows some careers including his own are doomed if ever they got out

Spoiler

the computer images stuff is incredible but between bobby, scott, the ex boyfriend, the cops, there's now a weird perfect storm element to it all, i dont think the "heres what really happened" element to it is concise enough yet to be plausible

as fascinating a character as zellner was i think it didn't at times go where i would have liked it to have gone, the women who write to them, the people making money off them, the impact its had on american law (if any) the impact its had on local and state politics (again if any) definitely barbara tadych (maybe they cant because of the familys participation? they should have gone for her jugular) 

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

I havent watched it in years but it seems The Simpsons are going to ditch the Apu character as people have been offended.

A handful of people complained it was a stereotype and he has been canned. Good job there are no other stereotypes in the Simpsons....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Xela said:

A handful of people complained it was a stereotype and he has been canned. Good job there are no other stereotypes in the Simpsons....

I'm surprised there are people out there who give enough of a shit about The Simpsons to make a fuss about Apu.  Let's face it, the people behind the show have barely put any effort into it for about two decades.

Hmm. I had hopes for this, but that... That doesn't look good. I know it's based on the books, and Geralt in them is a little different, but that wig looks awful. I think Geralt looks better when he's a little more rough looking.

Confirmation that BBC America is going to push ahead with the long (long) in development Watch series, based on the Watch characters from Pratchett's Discworld books.

When it was first mooted a few years back, the idea was a short series of 'crime of the week' episodes, inspired by things like CSI, rather than adapting book plots. Not sure of that's still the case though. I could see positives and negatives of both approaches. 

Either way quite happy to see it going ahead. I adore the Discworld series (see avatar) and the Watch characters are amongst the best Pratchett wrote. Hard to cast mind. Pratchett's style was always to only describe characters in very broad terms, with them being developed by the way they talk and act, so everyone has a very different image of each in their head. His best character, Vimes, the lead in the Watch stories, was always drawn by the main Discworld artist Paul Kidby as very inspired by Clint Eastwood, but Pratchett himself saw him as looking like Pete Postlethwaite. Whoever they cast will be divisive, even more so than usual in these kind of things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Hmm. I had hopes for this, but that... That doesn't look good. I know it's based on the books, and Geralt in them is a little different, but that wig looks awful. I think Geralt looks better when he's a little more rough looking.

Looks like Lucius Malfoy from Harry Potter.

• Haha 1

Finally got around to watching the very underwhelming bake off final. name

Don't agree with the winner - but then again none of the final showstopper were any good. 

On to more decent viewing, just have 2 episodes left to watch of Snowfall season 2. What a great program! Will be finishing it tomorrow night. 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure I agree with them binning off Apu, but that picture is a bit misleading.

It's much more than the colour of his skin that people have a problem with.

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Up this morning waiting to watch The Good Place and caught Superstore, it runs close to the big bang theory for it's unfunniness. 

I've seen that a couple of times. it was on before Love Island (yeah I watched Love Island, wanna fight about it?

Absolute shite. it's shows like that that fuel my belief that if I really put my mind to it I could write a sitcom.
It would be shit, but apparently that doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Up this morning waiting to watch The Good Place and caught Superstore, it runs close to the big bang theory for it's unfunniness. 

If you really want a downer have a look at what the cast members are earning for TBBT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've seen that a couple of times. it was on before Love Island (yeah I watched Love Island, wanna fight about it?

Absolute shite. it's shows like that that fuel my belief that if I really put my mind to it I could write a sitcom.
It would be shit, but apparently that doesn't matter.

It is shocking how many terrible sitcoms get aired.  Surely someone very early on must realise that they just aren't funny, it's not rocket science.

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure I agree with them binning off Apu, but that picture is a bit misleading.

It's much more than the colour of his skin that people have a problem with.

I did post it tongue in cheek. 

What was the main argument? I would have thought getting rid of your only Indian character would be a bad thing?

Â