Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a whole series called "The Confession Tapes" on this sort of stuff. The first case in particular (which I think is the first two episodes, all the rest are one episode per case) is terrifying.

Basically if you "confess" then you'll almost always be found guilty. Even if it is blindingly obvious that you were coerced into a false confession.

But in short I agree. How anyone could watch the Brendan Dassey confession and think it was a real confession is beyond me.

Season 1 spoiler just in case

Hide contents

That's the real tragedy in Making a Murderer. As interesting and convincing (at times) the first season is (I've still not seen much of season 2) I'm still inclined to believe Steven Avery probably murdered Teresa.
But I think it's clear Brendan had little, or probably nothing, to do with it.

Its a fairly common thing in investigations I believe - just get the confession. I think in Russian cases a confession has often been enough to convict on its own, which is mental.

As for the series... I genuinely don't know if Avery is guilty or not. Dassey I think is innocent - he was a mentally challenged kid placed into a pressured situation and coerced into confessing, ultimately being used as a tool to get Avery. I also am convinced the case against Avery was manufactured. It's been a while since I saw the first series but there were so many dodgy things about the case it seems unlikely to me the police didn't manipulate the case to strengthen it - miraculously finding the keys, the blood spatter was so obviously planted etc etc. Avery could be guilty in reality, but the case against him I'm certain was subject to police interference.

Wtached THOHH this weekend. Watched the first 7 episodes twice as we started on Saturday and my OH felt a bit sick and really tired and went to bed. So we started again yesterday and watched the whole season in one go. I loved it. Not that much horror, but still. Intrigued to read the book now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Its a fairly common thing in investigations I believe - just get the confession. I think in Russian cases a confession has often been enough to convict on its own, which is mental.

As for the series... I genuinely don't know if Avery is guilty or not. Dassey I think is innocent - he was a mentally challenged kid placed into a pressured situation and coerced into confessing, ultimately being used as a tool to get Avery. I also am convinced the case against Avery was manufactured. It's been a while since I saw the first series but there were so many dodgy things about the case it seems unlikely to me the police didn't manipulate the case to strengthen it - miraculously finding the keys, the blood spatter was so obviously planted etc etc. Avery could be guilty in reality, but the case against him I'm certain was subject to police interference.

There were a couple of things about the first season that people claimed were omitted or barely mentioned that "proved" Avery's guilt. And the second season seems to dive headfirst into addressing those.

Such as the "sweat" found on the hood latch.

Just now, Pelle said:

Wtached THOHH this weekend. Watched the first 7 episodes twice as we started on Saturday and my OH felt a bit sick and really tired and went to bed. So we started again yesterday and watched the whole season in one go. I loved it. Not that much horror, but still. Intrigued to read the book now.

I saw the first episode yesterday and it seemed very promising.

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I saw the first episode yesterday and it seemed very promising.

It gets better. But I think the first is one of the scarriest of the episodes. That one and the last 3 or 4. I'd call it a mystified drama series. With some occassional horror.

1 minute ago, Pelle said:

It gets better. But I think the first is one of the scarriest of the episodes. That one and the last 3 or 4. I'd call it a mystified drama series. With some occassional horror.

I don't think it was particularly scary at all to be honest, except for 

Spoiler

the bit at the end of the episode where his dead sister's ghost is in his apartment

But that's fine with me. It seemed good enough without the horror to be interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Personally, I think it's been better. Though i'm on the last episode. 

Agreed. After the first series I was more or less decided on what I thought happened and after 2 episodes of the new one nothing has changed, after 6 episodes in im not so sure anymore.

Spoiler

If Avery gets a retrial I'm fairly sure he would get off on reasonable doubt this time.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think it was particularly scary at all to be honest, except for 

But that's fine with me. It seemed good enough without the horror to be interesting.

I think it works better this way as a TV serie. And I agree, not very scary at all. Apart from one "jumping moment", but that's in a later episode.

• Like 1

I watched the whole series in 2 days, and I not one for TV series to be honest. I think it was one of the best things I have watched in years. Very creepy, emotional, good characters that invest you into the plot and it's beautifully shot.
Loved it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There were a couple of things about the first season that people claimed were omitted or barely mentioned that "proved" Avery's guilt. And the second season seems to dive headfirst into addressing those.

Such as the "sweat" found on the hood latch.

Oh sure the first series was biased - it had its narrative and fit things around that, and trimmed the details.

I just don't buy the evidence. His blood in the car was ridiculous - the smear by the ignition looked like it was put on with a pen. And the keys from what I remember were so obviously planted it was farcical - didn't they miraculously just appear barely hidden behind a cupboard, with an officer going directly to them out of nowhere?

He might have done it. But the evidence, for me, has been doctored.

The new series is apparently very good at tackling the issues with the case so looking forward, if that's the right term, to watching it.

thats the reminder that ive just had in the 1st episode of series 2

so what we are saying is that she was shot twice in the head in the garage but avery was able to clean all of that blood splatter up and leave no blood evidence but then the same bloke shoved the body in the car and left this in there

blood+on+ignition.PNG?format=750w

that is too logically challenged, someone cant be that good and that bad at the same time

Watched up to the end of episode 3 now of Making a Moi-der-er (NY accent).

Avery isn't the nicest of people, didn't he touch a cat or shoot a cat or summat?  And publically get his knob out in the last series?  Either way, not a nice dude. 

the coercion of Brendan is the worst part of it.  It's painfully obvious, to anyone who has any sort of critically thinking brain that, in that interview, he didn't have a representitive with him, he didn't know what to say until Fassbender said "I'll put it bluntly, we know avery went under the hood.  Did you see avery go under the hood?" "...urrrr......yea" OMFG A CONFESSION!!!?!?!?

The blood found in the car was retarded.  It's like a child with a pipette was told to "RANDOMLY" put blood about, so he decided a bit by the ignition, a bit on the rear wheel arch, and bit on the door.. WTAF?  If that was the case, Avery would have looked like a right dickhead moving around the car like that with an open wound..

The DNA found under the hood was proper bollocks.  The only concentration of DNA coming from that found would have been direct saliva.  The graph shown to compare the concentration of Avery's DNA in that area, compared to 5 other people doing the same process was like 5% of Avery's concentration.  Absolute rubbish. 

Avery is a dumbass, but I don't for one second believe he did what he was suppose to have done.  The Brain profiling thing showed that specific words only he'd know to do with the case was absolutely inconclusive and for a dumbass, he wouldn't be able to overcome that problem.  

Bredan is biggest and saddest part of the whole thing.  Avery's also spent 18 years for a crime he defo didn't commit (we know now) and he's been in another what? 10 years on something where monumental evidence has been fudged to make him look more guilty.  He could have done it, but I'm not so sure.  Certainly not beyond reasonable doubt. 

His parents and the family business have suffered awfully.  Kratz is a **** paedo, dick-touting freak and the cops who did the "investigation" an evidence gathering are awful people.  The experts who presented the evidence in the original trial are absolute spastics too, how do they sleep at night? 

1 minute ago, sne said:

So about Shane West as Bane in the upcoming season 5 of Gotham

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F10%2Fbane.jpg&w=1100&c=sc&poi=face&q=85DqHqJrZXQAAexRK.jpg

It's like an 80's industrial synth version of Dath Vader/Anakin Skywalker :crylaugh:

I really like Gotham.

Season 3 and 4 have been particularly fantastic and the shows portrayal of many of DCs iconic characters has been excellent.

Having said all that...well that looks a bit shit ?

• Like 2

On 23/10/2018 at 16:30, Designer1 said:

I really like Gotham.

Season 3 and 4 have been particularly fantastic and the shows portrayal of many of DCs iconic characters has been excellent.

Having said all that...well that looks a bit shit ?

Gotham season one was absolutely terrible. Have not gone back since

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Gotham season one was absolutely terrible. Have not gone back since

Yeah I wouldn't go so far as 'absolutely terrible' but it's definitely the weakest season with some truly boring and pointless episodes.

s2 is an increase in quality and apart from the odd misstep s3 and s4 are truly terrific.

Â