Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Looking for a new show to add to my schedule now that Californication is over.

Watched the first episode of House last night, seemed ok. Also watched the very first episode of X-Files. My word, its dated a bit. Mind you it is 23 years old!

Any other recommendations out of the following shortlist I have made: Dexter, Suits, Weeds, Banshee, Ray Donovan? 

You won't find better than suits, banshee and Ray Donovan. They are probably my three favourite shows of all the current ones. All 3 are brilliant. 

If you have got Netflix, give Narcos a go. Awesome. 

On another note, great to have alto and Brooklyn nine nine back - two proper funny shows 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

You won't find better than suits, banshee and Ray Donovan. They are probably my three favourite shows of all the current ones. All 3 are brilliant. 

If you have got Netflix, give Narcos a go. Awesome. 

On another note, great to have alto and Brooklyn nine nine back - two proper funny shows 

Cheers mate, looks like I've got some watching to do!

Funny you should mention Brooklyn Nine Nine, watched the first episodes of season 2 yesterday as well. Its amazing how much TV you can watch when you are housebound! 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Looking for a new show to add to my schedule now that Californication is over.

Watched the first episode of House last night, seemed ok. Also watched the very first episode of X-Files. My word, its dated a bit. Mind you it is 23 years old!

Any other recommendations out of the following shortlist I have made: Dexter, Suits, Weeds, Banshee, Ray Donovan? 

Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Oz, The Affair, Leftovers, Parks and Rec,The Wire, Fargo.... just to name a few :D 

Personally I think all the above are a million times better than Suits, Banshee and Ray...

EDIT: And of course...  It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia which is the best comedy of all time imo. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Oz, The Affair, Leftovers, Parks and Rec,The Wire, Fargo.... just to name a few :D 

Personally I think all the above are a million times better than Suits, Banshee and Ray...

EDIT: And of course...  It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia which is the best comedy of all time imo. 

Still got Breaking Bad to watch - got that saved for a rainy day! Loved The Wire, immense show. Love Parks and Recs as well.

Never got on with Its Always Sunny... not sure why! Everyone here loves it. Same as Community. Was't keen on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

If you like plenty of nookie try The Affair. We've just finished both seasons. It's very good! House is also quality. As is Suits.

The last episode in Season 2 of The Affair was so good! 

Finally caught up to the last televised episode of The Blacklist so I cant binge watch it anymore .:( It flipping sucks as I now have to wait a week for an episode like some chump from the 90's.  

Anyway, what a show !, and Raymond Reddington is the character James Spader was born to play. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Finally caught up to the last televised episode of The Blacklist so I cant binge watch it anymore .:( It flipping sucks as I now have to wait a week for an episode like some chump from the 90's.  

Anyway, what a show !, and Raymond Reddington is the character James Spader was born to play. 

James Spader makes that show. Brilliant character. 

• Like 1

Found out tonight my missus hasn't watched band of brothers so got that on the go again, brilliant tv

Does she like it? My missus hates all war movies, purely bloke fodder.

On 4/1/2016 at 16:23, Stevo985 said:

Yeah. BOF.

Be sure to post here when you've watched Episode 9 of season 3.

One of the best episodes of anything ever.

OK so I'm finished season 3 now.

As for episode 9...

Spoiler

I found that I was watching it waiting for something amazing to happen.  So it was a series of either "Nope that wasn't it". "This might be it" and eventually "ah that must be what they were on about".

Funnily enough they did exactly what I would have done to the show.  I love the way the show bounces from one story to the other, and I was finding that the Stark war story was the worst/weakest story they had.  In the end I didn't care what happened to that story because the momentum had gone from it a while back.  Removing them from the equation was good for two reasons.  It meant they could concentrate on the better stories, and it got a "Wow W.T.F." moment out of a storyline that was all but exhausted.  So, well done to the writers (or George) on that one.

Now to somehow acquire seasons 4 & 5.

Not a show but docu/film "AMY", all about Amy Whitehouse, on last Friday. Not a huge fan and I always said you can't live like that and not expect the reaper to come for you. But changed my views completely. She did not want the fame and anybody who watched this, an read the story, has to believe her Dad has to take a huge part of responsibility for her death. He loved the fame more than she did, an even put her in the spot light when on holiday. To me she was a young girl with serious talent, not thought of as a his young daughter by her father.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not a show but docu/film "AMY", all about Amy Whitehouse, on last Friday. Not a huge fan and I always said you can't live like that and not expect the reaper to come for you. But changed my views completely. She did not want the fame and anybody who watched this, an read the story, has to believe her Dad has to take a huge part of responsibility for her death. He loved the fame more than she did, an even put her in the spot light when on holiday. To me she was a young girl with serious talent, not thought of as a his young daughter by her father.

Yeah it didn't put him in a very good light, first saying there was no need for her to go to rehab early on, and then when she was trying to recover on holiday in the latter days, turning up with a film crew.

• Like 1

Â