Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 10/01/2016 at 21:34, benireduk said:

Got both seasons of Peaky Blinders for Christmas.

Brilliant. Well worth a watch.

Read an article yesterday saying they had wrapped filming of season 3, should be on our screens in a few months hopefully. Cam't wait.

• Like 1

Currently watching and enjoying The Affair, series one. For those that have watched it, there are definitely 10 episodes in series one, aren't there? The reason I ask is because I have only been able to 'acquire' episodes 1-8. Unless the final episode is double or triple length or something so only counts as one...? Wiki seems to indicate there are 10 episodes of the same length, so I'm missing the last two, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Edited by hogso

I noticed that Malcolm in the middle has been on comedy central xtra recently so I've set it to series record on my sky box. I've been flying through 2 or 3 a day. I loved it back in the day but its just as good now, not sure if they are cherry picking the best episodes or the general quality was actually that good.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd say it's arguably Brian Cranston's best performance.

And I'm actually serious.

I believe you.  He's brilliant in pretty much everything he does.  But I think the star of that show is actually the mother because she's the root cause of all the chaos and there'd be no show without the villain.  A bit like why Red Dwarf needed Rimmer :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Google 'Wealdstone Raider'.  I just think he looks like him.

Yeah, so much so I couldn't tell for sure it was him.. a silly drunkard version of the lawyer maybe. That guy is harmless though however much he talks the talk, while the lawyer has psychopathic tendencies and is in a position to ruin lives.

I'm just thinking of one episode now and chuckling to myself.

Its the one where Lois doesn't give the cop the normal store discount and then she thinks he is harassing her when he writes her up. Craig has the security tape which proves her innocence at which point Hal grabs the tape and smashes it to bits. Quality episode.

14 hours ago, tarjei said:

Spartacus didn't stick. Watching Making A Murderer. What an awful story, it's making my blood boil. That lawyer representing Brendan makes me skin crawl.

by "watching" i take it you mean about half way through, not really a spoiler but they have him on again in the last episode and its worse IMO some of the stuff his investigator comes out with is right up there as the worst stuff in the series 

i think out of everything that lawyer made me feel more sorry for brendan than i did steve

Spoiler

i still think that steve's defence should have called brendan as a witness, absolutely slaughtered him, got him going round in circles not knowing what day of the week it was, shown his statement to be unreliable, demonstrate that the DA was ridiculously unprofessional with his press conference and then motion that the jury was tainted by the press coverage, not a clue if they're actually allowed to do that

steve has got 2 shit hot lawyers from the innocence project and i think has filed for an appeal

Spoiler

on the basis that 1 of the jury was a part time worker at the sheriffs office and 1 of them was a relation of someone who worked there and on the jury notes they were accused of not looking at evidence because they were convinced of his guilt and bullying other jurors, the bloke who left the jury kicking about with the family after and throwing his 10p in seemed a bit weird to me

• Like 1

I finished Making A Murderer a couple of days ago...

Spoiler

Very disturbing viewing. I know that the documentary is skewed very much in the direction that Steve and Brendan are innocent so it's hardly an unbiased view, but you can't argue with the facts. The term 'beyond reasonable doubt' means exactly that and I feels it's impossible that twelve members of a jury came to a unanimous decision of guilt for either Steve or Brendan without further underhanded things going on behind the scenes. It's unfathomable that any sane person could think either of them was guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

As for the slimeballs that were Brendan's initial defence lawyer and the District Attorney who prosecuted in both trials... disgusting, low-life, immoral scum. I'm glad the DA had that scandal and resigned from his position, but these two really need to be heavily punished. I'm not sure how anyone could do the things they did to another human being. That DA's high pitched voice was so creepy too.

Actually felt sick when the verdicts were handed down but I'm so frustrated that we'll never find out what really happened.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

by "watching" i take it you mean about half way through, not really a spoiler but they have him on again in the last episode and its worse IMO some of the stuff his investigator comes out with is right up there as the worst stuff in the series 

i think out of everything that lawyer made me feel more sorry for brendan than i did steve

Reveal hidden contents

i still think that steve's defence should have called brendan as a witness, absolutely slaughtered him, got him going round in circles not knowing what day of the week it was, shown his statement to be unreliable, demonstrate that the DA was ridiculously unprofessional with his press conference and then motion that the jury was tainted by the press coverage, not a clue if they're actually allowed to do that

steve has got 2 shit hot lawyers from the innocence project and i think has filed for an appeal

Reveal hidden contents

on the basis that 1 of the jury was a part time worker at the sheriffs office and 1 of them was a relation of someone who worked there and on the jury notes they were accused of not looking at evidence because they were convinced of his guilt and bullying other jurors, the bloke who left the jury kicking about with the family after and throwing his 10p in seemed a bit weird to me

Yeah at the time I was midway through, but I finished it today. This story got to me quite a bit. I'm walking around mad, yelling at the wall and stuff.

Spoiler

Especially the Brendan interviews both with the detectives and the investigator made me fume. That he was found guilty is just strange, but I don't understand how the judge could possibly deny him a re-trial. What a **** travesty!

Edited by tarjei

Had a search for similar sorts of things after finishing Making a Murderer. 

First up was The Jinx, which was pretty good. Recently finished The Staircase.

Spoiler

How he could ever have been found guilty beyond reasonable doubt is incomprehensible to me. 

Nowhere near as gripping as Making a Murderer but still pretty good. 

Reveal hidden contents i still think that steve's defence should have called brendan as a witness, absolutely slaughtered him, got him going round in circles not knowing what day of the week it was, shown his statement to be unreliable, demonstrate that the DA was ridiculously unprofessional with his press conference and then motion that the jury was tainted by the press coverage, not a clue if they're actually allowed to do that

Reveal hidden contents on the basis that 1 of the jury was a part time worker at the sheriffs office and 1 of them was a relation of someone who worked there and on the jury notes they were accused of not looking at evidence because they were convinced of his guilt and bullying other jurors, the bloke who left the jury kicking about with the family after and throwing his 10p in seemed a bit weird to me

Yeah at the time I was midway through, but I finished it today. This story got to me quite a bit. I'm walking around mad, yelling at the wall and stuff.

Spoiler Especially the Brendan interviews both with the detectives and the investigator made me fume. That he was found guilty is just strange, but I don't understand how the judge could possibly deny him a re-trial. What a **** travesty!

The investigators report in to the avery family "they are all criminals" "The devil resides there in comfort"

With friends like these...

I missed what the blue ribbon was all about, the one that made him breakdown, heard him say it was something to do with his church

Â