Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yup, I'm about 2 binges ahead of you, 5 episodes into series 3 :)

The best season by far and episode 9 is the best episode of the entire show. Goes a little downhill after that and it's not just because the show hit its peak. It just loses its way a little and has too much filler. Still a great show though, mind you.

As for me, I just binged Homeland season 5. Really enjoyed it. The last couple of seasons have been brilliant stuff.

Narcos for me next, I think. I've heard good things about it. Maybe Vikings after that.

• Like 1

I didn't like Game of Thrones. I lasted about 2 and a half seasons. Is there something wrong with me? There were interesting parts, but I though it was slow and boring most of the time. I liked most of the characters stories but they took forever to develop.

Watched Marco Polo over christmas. Enjoyed it, recommended for those that liked Vikings.

Thinking about watching Spartacus. Is it good?

And this is why I don't post about catching up on stuff.  I'm not getting on your backs or anything, but to me even "wait til episode X" is a spoiler of sorts.  Anyhoo, I'll let you know :)

• Like 1

I didn't like Game of Thrones. I lasted about 2 and a half seasons. Is there something wrong with me? There were interesting parts, but I though it was slow and boring most of the time. I liked most of the characters stories but they took forever to develop.

Watched Marco Polo over christmas. Enjoyed it, recommended for those that liked Vikings.

Didn't like GoT, loved Vikings, but gave up on Marco Polo, thought it was crap.

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I love Hank Moody, I'd love this show to be ressurrected

I should finish season 6 tonight but seasons 5 and 6, while still very good, are not the level of seasons 1-4. The whole thing seems to have gone a bit too extreme.

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I should finish season 6 tonight but seasons 5 and 6, while still very good, are not the level of seasons 1-4. The whole thing seems to have gone a bit too extreme.

Season 7 gets back to former glory

• Like 1

I watched the first couple of seasons of Californication a while back. I remember enjoying it, but I found the daughter incredibly irritating. But I guess as no one has mentioned her in this discussion it's just me who found that. 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

2 hours ago, tarjei said:

Yes, very.

The first season is anyway, I couldn't get into the second one; they shouldn't have bothered when Andy Whitfield died.

• Like 1

Sherlock was great fun, just watched it the other night. I thought it worked really well, although I hope they now they can't use that mind palace approach to go there again, as it would seem a bit unoriginal, but I went with it.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I watched the first couple of seasons of Californication a while back. I remember enjoying it, but I found the daughter incredibly irritating. But I guess as no one has mentioned her in this discussion it's just me who found that. 

I can see where you are coming from and she doesn't really change through the 6 seasons I have seen. Same sarcastic, clipped voice. Oddly she doesn't seem to age in the face, just gets taller and bigger!

15 hours ago, tarjei said:

I love TV,  especially series.  I will watch most things but Game of Thrones is just not my thing,  I just don't get it.

I watched a few episodes and maybe I need to give it more but I doubt I ever will.  

9 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Didn't care for Sherlock and the odd case of the slightly-KKK looking suffragettes. Clumsily written and generally poor overall.

I thought it was absolute garbage.  It felt like it was written by a few different people who had never had the good fortune of meeting.  It felt like it was written for teenagers or something.

I only just managed to watch it to the end.  As soon as the word "Ghost" is used I kind of know enough.  

If the BBC made this a proper series in the same kind of style as Dexter then they could have a monumental money spinner on their hands but they choose to do this bolox.  Next Sherlock,  he goes into the future to buy some hats.

2/10 Because I like the music.

15 hours ago, troon_villan said:

I thought episode 9 of season 3 was terrible and almost made me stop watching the whole show.

/balance

To be fair, episode 9 is always the good episode in GoT seasons, so it's not much of a spoiler

Â