Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 06/01/2016 at 12:44, villa4europe said:

i think they got asked to make a christmas special and made something that didnt necessarily follow the tone of the series but was something they all wanted to make and they shoe horned in characters sometimes for a giggle sometimes because it was just because they could, they had a bit of fun basically

it'll be interesting to see how much of a follow on the new series is or if it was pretty much throw away stuff

personally i lost interest during series 3, it got a bit boring and often tried too hard IMO, prefer elementary

Haven't got round to the New Year episode of Sherlock yet but will give it a watch

Just picking up your comment on Elementary, I liked the first 2 seasons but the dynamic has completely changed in season 3 and I don't like it! 

Finished Californication last night, all 7 seasons.

Absolutely fantastic show. First 4 seasons are utterly brilliant and while seasons 5 and 6 got a bit over the top, season 7 is a return to form, albeit, with a plot twist that I don't think was required.

Duchovny was uber cool as Hank and there was a load of superb supporting characters throughout the series. 

Plus not to mention the quantity and quality of snatch! 

Finally, the soundtrack is wonderful as well. Loads of classic songs and really good covers.

8.5 / 10. Would watch again

• Like 1

Surprised at the love for series 7 of Californication. I actually thought it was completely shocking and barely managed to finish it. Was just completely ridiculous imo. 

They should have ended it on the series where....

Spoiler

Hank tries to commit suicide. Would have been the perfect ending

But those first 4 seasons.... utterly brilliant! :D

Edited by PieFacE

Season 7 was not as good as 1-4 but I preferred it to 5 and 6, which I felt...

Spoiler

...just got too extreme. Rappers, rock stars, etc, it was like Entourage on speed. Also pointless cameos.. the Maryiln Manson one, which didn't add anything to the show. The whole thing with a long lost son in S7 was something that didn't need to be done but aside from that, it was Hank trying to redeem himself at the end.

Some great characters though. Charlie Runkle, Rob Lowe was ace as Eddie Nero and Stu Beggs, the big cocked producer! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Haven't got round to the New Year episode of Sherlock yet but will give it a watch

Just picking up your comment on Elementary, I liked the first 2 seasons but the dynamic has completely changed in season 3 and I don't like it! 

same here i stopped about half way through and havent got back round to it

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Eddie Nero was brilliant :lol:

I have a few found appreciation for Rob Lowe now! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

no they dont

although for some reason they still do when i do it the exact same way on my phone

Write what you want to be a spoiler. Highlight it. Click the spoiler button (it's the one that looks like an eye)

Spoiler

See?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Write what you want to be a spoiler. Highlight it. Click the spoiler button (it's the one that looks like an eye)

Reveal hidden contents

See?

Spoiler

what happened to the good old days of [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] ?

• Like 1

Looking for a new show to add to my schedule now that Californication is over.

Watched the first episode of House last night, seemed ok. Also watched the very first episode of X-Files. My word, its dated a bit. Mind you it is 23 years old!

Any other recommendations out of the following shortlist I have made: Dexter, Suits, Weeds, Banshee, Ray Donovan? 

Â