Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Grange Hill got a bit dark.

Zammo indulging in his dirty little habit at the expense of kind, naive and overweight Roland. Then there were two girls wandering the night time streets after a secret night out went sour. One of the girls had a domineering, control freak for a father. That got tense.

Solid 7

Giving Newsround a 9

Many comedy moments. Two that stand out: the feature on toys that could burn and poison children and John Craven's reaction after watching a colleague consume a still wrapped sandwich.

Blue Peter can have 6.5

Health and safety issues again. Children clambering over a rickety, clearly unsafe, fabric covered and soon to be burned effigy of a boat, accompanied by eccentric, beardy weirdies tugging on Woodbines. Another plus was (much like Agnetha Faltskog in the other thread) I probably fancied Lesley Judd before properly understanding the concept of fancying. There are minus points. The Petra 12th birthday celebrations were a tad mawkish, you were left with the uneasy feeling she was unlikely to see 13. Also my cousin once told me John Noakes treated Shep better than Mrs Noakes. So points lost there John.

From the posts earlier in the thread, I'm possibly in the minority* but having finally caught up with the ending of Fargo, I have to say I loved it. I know people like an amount of exposition (Basil or otherwise) but I loved the fact that it didn't feel the need to explain itself and tie everything up in a nice neat bow. Definitely one of my favourite shows for a long while.

Edited by choffer
*Clearly I'm not in the minority.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, choffer said:

From the posts earlier in the thread, I'm possibly in the minority but having finally caught up with the ending of Fargo, I have to say I loved it. I know people like an amount of exposition (Basil or otherwise) but I loved the fact that it didn't feel the need to explain itself and tie everything up in a nice neat bow. Definitely one of my favourite shows for a long while.

No, you're not alone in that thinking - as I stated earlier in the thread I thought it was a perfect ending.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2015 at 12:44, troon_villan said:

It's supposed to be the end of the world and they're desperate.

He's a terrible character though.

Never been a huge fan of TWD but watch it as my other half likes it but even she is getting to the point where she thinks its lost its way.

The one point I cannot get over (Glenn being a prime example) is that they have survived this long by behaving a certain way and taking precautions but then all of a sudden they behave completely out of character and get got.

Homeland was just outstanding TV, I have had to find a copy of the last episode because I cannot wait until sunday.

On 16/12/2015 at 22:56, Designer1 said:

Seems I'm in the minority but I thought the final episode of Fargo was excellent and rounded everything off perfectly.

Watched it today, and thought it was great.

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Never liked Blue Peter. Always just seemed like more school. Someone I used to work with told me his Mother didn't used to let him watch Grange Hill, because it was too common. 

Yeah, my mum was the same. In fact, she didn't really like me watching TV at all. I hate the bit in party conversations when people spend 30 minutes reminiscing about childhood cartoons, I've never seen any of them. 

9 hours ago, VillaForever1970 said:

Making a murderer

Everyone should watch this amazing, fascinating, terrifying and heartbreaking.

Just came on to post this. Brilliant so far!

Edited by blandy
fixed embed

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Just came on to post this. Brilliant so far!

Started on this last night as well, weirdly.  I've only watched two episodes so far but it's unbelievably gripping. Have to keep reminding myself that it's actually real! The poor guy. Was inspired to find something similar after watching the brilliant (maybe the wrong word, given the events) West of Memphis. 

Really enjoying the third season of The Bridge. As good as the first season, I was wondeirng how it would go without Martin, but Hendrik has been a great replacement. 1 episode to go. Not sure they can put Saga through any more so I wonder if this is the final season.

• Like 1

Really enjoying the third season of The Bridge. As good as the first season, I was wondeirng how it would go without Martin, but Hendrik has been a great replacement. 1 episode to go. Not sure they can put Saga through any more so I wonder if this is the final season.

Without any spoilers, the ending is absolutely set up for another series - despite the fact that they have said there probably won't be.

aye, I had to watch the final one last night after a binge run, and agreed, very tense ending, one which makes me think there could have been a powerful conversation with Martin in jail had he signed on, but no matter. Hendrik won me over.  And you're right, definitely keeps the door open for another season, even if it's not for a couple of years. 

Â