Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Red shoe diaries was a high point of Duchovny's career.

Has a special place in my heart along with Eurotrash! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

Just finished Making a Murderer.

It gets a little bogged down, by necessity, in the trial phase, but it's never less than gripping. I watched half of it mouth agape at what I was seeing and hearing.

It's fantastic long form documentary making.

Just beware that your blood will boil as you watch. It's one of the most infuriating things I've watched.

Just finished watching. It was excellent, but I'm absolutely furious now.

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I highly recommend central park 5 and west of Memphis. Both on netflix and very similar to making a murder. West of Memphis is one of the best things I've ever seen.

West of Memphis was what inspired me to find something similar and led me to Making a Murderer. Equally shocking stuff. 

Making a Murderer is one of the most fascinating, gripping, unbelievable things I've ever watched. Fantastic television. 

I didn't want it to end. In a way, it didn't end. 

It was genuinely astonishing stuff.

That being said:

Spoiler

I'm always worried when I watch documentaries like this that we're only seeing one side of the story. I wonder if we saw a documentary made from the prosecution's side, would we be thinking the exact opposite.

For example, I feel like this documentary pretty blatantly pointed the finger at Halbach's brother and ex boyfriend without any shred of evidence, which is a pretty low thing to do. I didn't like either of them, but I don't think they killed her.

That being said, if it came out that Avery was definitely 100% guilty, I wouldn't be too shocked, even though I am on his side. Brendan Dassey, on the other hand, is (from watching that documentary) completely innocent. It actually properly upset me to think he's sat in prison for no other reason than he's basically retarded.

Edited by Stevo985

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Making a Murderer is one of the most fascinating, gripping, unbelievable things I've ever watched. Fantastic television. 

I didn't want it to end. In a way, it didn't end. 

It was genuinely astonishing stuff.

That being said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm always worried when I watch documentaries like this that we're only seeing one side of the story. I wonder if we saw a documentary made from the prosecution's side, would we be thinking the exact opposite.

For example, I feel like this documentary pretty blatantly pointed the finger at Halbach's brother and ex boyfriend without any shred of evidence, which is a pretty low thing to do. I didn't like either of them, but I don't think they killed her.

That being said, if it came out that Avery was definitely 100% guilty, I wouldn't be too shocked, even though I am on his side. Brendan Dassey, on the other hand, is (from watching that documentary) completely innocent. It actually properly upset me to think he's sat in prison for no other reason than he's basically retarded.

Spoiler

There has been some reaction from Kratz that said there was more evidence that the show ignores - notably further details from Brendan about cleaning the garage which apparently was backed up by forensics, the presence of Avery's sweat on the bonnet of the Rav4, a gun Avery was owned being the one that fired the bullet...

Everything that came out of Brendan's mouth is completely useless so I don't know why he felt that was a significant to miss out, even of there was evidence of bleach, but the sweat is more troubling. I'm less bothered by the gun as the police had an absurd amount of time to manipulate the gun and the bullet, or another party beforehand.

I've seen a few reactions saying the doc suggests her brother is dodgy. I didn't get that at all. What I did find is the show is edited in such a way that it makes him look like an obscenely unlikeable clearing in the woods.

I can't be sure that Avery isn't guilty. I'm fairly sure Brendan is innocent, he's just too stupid to have realised he was being manipulated by the police, and its absolutely damning he's in prison because of it. What I am pretty sure of, is that there's no way there's enough in this case to send Avery down. The entire case is absolutely riddled with reasonable doubt.

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There has been some reaction from Kratz that said there was more evidence that the show ignores - notably further details from Brendan about cleaning the garage which apparently was backed up by forensics, the presence of Avery's sweat on the bonnet of the Rav4, a gun Avery was owned being the one that fired the bullet...

Everything that came out of Brendan's mouth is completely useless so I don't know why he felt that was a significant to miss out, even of there was evidence of bleach, but the sweat is more troubling. I'm less bothered by the gun as the police had an absurd amount of time to manipulate the gun and the bullet, or another party beforehand.

I've seen a few reactions saying the doc suggests her brother is dodgy. I didn't get that at all. What I did find is the show is edited in such a way that it makes him look like an obscenely unlikeable clearing in the woods.

I can't be sure that Avery isn't guilty. I'm fairly sure Brendan is innocent, he's just too stupid to have realised he was being manipulated by the police, and its absolutely damning he's in prison because of it. What I am pretty sure of, is that there's no way there's enough in this case to send Avery down. The entire case is absolutely riddled with reasonable doubt.

Yeah that pretty much sums up my feelings. 

Spoiler

I'm astonished that any confession from Brendan was taken seriously. Like I said that bit really upset me because, like you, I'm pretty certain he did nothing wrong, and nothing he said was worth anything because he just said what the cops wanted him to say.
If any of them ever get out, it will be Brendan. 

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that pretty much sums up my feelings. 

Hide contents

I'm astonished that any confession from Brendan was taken seriously. Like I said that bit really upset me because, like you, I'm pretty certain he did nothing wrong, and nothing he said was worth anything because he just said what the cops wanted him to say.
If any of them ever get out, it will be Brendan. 

Spoiler

The blood being stolen from evidence, i don't get why this was glossed over?

4 minutes ago, VillaForever1970 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

There's no proof it was stolen, there's circumstantial evidence it could have been (I suspect it probably was). Equally the prosecution case that it definitely wasn't planted didn't prove anything either but the jury evidently either believed the dodgy science from the prosecution or discounted it's relevance somehow.

It's probably the smoking gun that the whole thing is dodgy as **** from my perspective.

27 minutes ago, VillaForever1970 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The dodgy EDTA test made it irrelevant because that supposedly proved it couldn't have come from a vial of blood. Even though the defence's witness said there was no way the test was conclusive.

The whole thing this has showed me is that, even if you have good lawyers and plenty of evidence to suggest there is reasonable doubt, if a jury thinks you're guilty then you're ****.

The presumption of innocence was completely absent here.

Spoiler

I thought he did it personally, the police may have planted some of the evidence but if you review the rest of the evidence the documentary left out I would probably have said guilty if I was on that Jury.

Not sure on the kids involvement as its really dependent on if Steven did murder or kidnap that woman.

Making a Murderer.

Edited by AVFCDAN

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

after i finish jessica jones i am thinking of moving on to ash vs evil dead. anyone seen it? worth watching?

Do you like Bruce Campbell and the Evil Dead movies? If the answer is yes them it's a must see.

• Like 1

Â