Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just into season two of the Shield. It's pretty good and I hear season 3 & 4 are the best so got plenty more to come. 

The Shield is fantastic, you've lots to enjoy still!

We've just finished the 7th and final season of Californication, which got right back to it's best after a so-so season 6.

Not sure about the ending though...left it open and "sort of" happy...

Finished off Penny Dreadful last night and thought, on the whole it was a pretty good yarn and will certainly look out for the inevitable 2nd season. Thought the cast were pretty good, although Billie Pipers Oirish accent was pretty ropey so it was.

Will be starting the second season of Hannibal this week - really looking forward to it.

I know there are a few Archer fans in here and maybe some people who enjoy other adult-orientated cartoons, but does anyone watch Rick and Morty?

They've only done one season so far but it seems to have gone down really well stateside and I think it's pretty damn funny. It's about a super-genius, drunk, asshole of a scientist (Rick) living with his daughter's family and he takes his grandson (Morty) along on is adventures in space and to different dimensions and stuff.

It's actually really very funny and clever. If you like Archer and that sort of thing then I'd be amazed if you didn't like Rick and Morty.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Yep, co-created by Dan Harmon from Community and Justin Roiland who if anyone watches Adventure Time might know him as the voice of Lemongrab, which is a pretty damn distinctive voice. Roiland voices both Rick and Morty on the show and does a great job.

Edited by Ginko

New series

The Strain - Based on a book.  The earths day of reckoning I suppose.  Highly enjoyable series so far,  some good effects and I think whatever is going on is about to go global.  8/10 so far (ep05)

The last ship - Based on a book.  We are all dead apart from a small %,  luckily this US warship was unaffected by a worldwide virus,  really enjoying it do far,  some parts are highly unbelievable but as a piece of entertainment all good. Some nice weapons and stuff on display also. 7/10 so far (ep06)

Just started watching Utopia, quite enjoying it. Interesting to see an American version is going to on HBO.

Really? On the whole, I hate it when UK shows get remade Stateside, but I'd actually be interested to see that. Although part of the charm of the UK version, is the bits of quirky British humour.

• Like 1

Yes apparently David FIncher is going to involved. I don't know who he is but seems to be a big and  he had something to do with 'House of Cards' which a lot of people seem to like, so could be good. Not sure when it's expected to air though, could be a way off.

• Like 1

I don't think the American The Office is much like the english The Office. The words are much the same, but they're delivered differently (in the episodes I've watched, anyway).

Â