Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I watched the Sherlock Pilot. It's worth watching if you haven't seen it yet, although it's the same story as the first episode all the scenes were refilmed apart from the one of Holmes flogging the corpse. Not sure why they had to do the whole thing again really. I'll watch the first episode again to see how it compares.

prob been mentioned many times before, started watching hell on wheels last week, 1st few episodes wasn't too sure but as season continued the characters developed and became more familiar, it really turns into a great show, im on 1st few episodes of season 2 at moment and cant stop watching 

Finally found time and watched 24 live another day

Same old same old and yet I still end up thinking oh one more episode before I go to bed , meaning a 3am finish

The usual 24 flaws and plot holes but probably the best one since the first series

Next up Fargo .....

prob been mentioned many times before, started watching hell on wheels last week, 1st few episodes wasn't too sure but as season continued the characters developed and became more familiar, it really turns into a great show, im on 1st few episodes of season 2 at moment and cant stop watching

That Swede is an evil bugger.

it's been confirmed set in 1979 based around Molly's Dad just back from Veitnam. It's going to be influenced by "Fargo," "Miller's Crossing" and "The Man Who Wasn't There." More looking forward to that than True Detective.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Fascinating beeb docco last night called "Who Took Nanny's Pictures?"

All about Vivian Maier who took thousands of B&W photos through her life living in the US and France. Some amazing pictures, totally self-taught from the looks of it and some amazing output.

Looks like it's on iPlayer just now too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0366jd5/imagine-summer-2013-1-vivian-maier-who-took-nannys-pictures

it's been confirmed set in 1979 based around Molly's Dad just back from Veitnam. It's going to be influenced by "Fargo," "Miller's Crossing" and "The Man Who Wasn't There." More looking forward to that than True Detective.

Wasn't sure if you were taking the piss there until I checked that sounds super.

• Like 1

I think there's a difference between saying 'based on a true story' and based on 'real life events'. I suppose technically every story is a true story because that's what it is, a story.

I think the Coen's have confirmed previously that Fargo is absolutely, categorically not base don a true story.

They just put it at the start, I guess maybe for this very reason.

Am I the only one who didn't realise that both the Fargo film and Fargo series are not true stories? Despite it saying so at the start. 

I think with the amount of deaths in the series if it was true it would be a very famous story.  

Am I the only one who didn't realise that both the Fargo film and Fargo series are not true stories? Despite it saying so at the start. 

I think with the amount of deaths in the series if it was true it would be a very famous story.  

Just figured it was America :P

Based on a true story doesn't mean that it's based on things that have happened in real life. So films or TV shows are allowed to put that before programs. Of course the Coen brother's don't put it there to deceive anyone, but as a joke.

I think I'm right in saying that if they were to say that the show was based on events that have happend in real life then they would be in trouble if that wasn't the case or they didn't have some sort of permission.

Â