Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm a big Boosh fan, but got bored of Noel Fielding after seeing him on a couple of panel shows. Not because he's on them, but because he was very predictable with his 'random' jokes. Julian Barrett... Now he's different! When is Howard going to make a new show? That's what I'm waiting for!

tumblr_mzczltJB601rvc2qoo1_r1_500.gif

Talking of which...

Mighty Boosh is one of the worst things ive ever seen.

Since curb your enthusiasm, then the office and then the inbetweeners and to a lesser extent extras, cant think of a decent comedy series.

Nathan Barley is up there in my favourite comedy series. From recently, Toast of London was hilarious! 

• Like 1

I get a lot of stick for liking the Boosh off everyone :D And rightly so, I know, I know.

I just like it as it feels like a light gentle contrast to life's grim moments.

I am much more of a Julian Barratt fan than a Noel Fielding one as well though to be honest.

281b472515ce22248824e717c420031376a6dc67

• Like 4

The Sopranos is starting to hook me.. about halfway through season 1  :)

Decided to give season 7 of 24 ago as well... much better than season 6. 

It's always sunny is definitely my favourite comedy. The character depth is incredible. The things they get up to is absolutely bonkers but seems completely believable once you get to know each characters personality. It's incredibly intelligent and makes a joke out of everything.

Agreed, It's Always Sunny is brilliant and it's all about the characters and their relationships with each other and the group dynamic. It's a weird mix of the characters feeling incredibly natural, rounded and real, but then they get into completely unreal situations. 

• Like 1

I can never stick with a comedy series. Too formulaic for the most part.

I prefer misery anyway.

I'd have never guessed  :)

• Like 1

Talk of an Evil Dead TV series! Groovy.

Sam Raimi is working on a Bruce Campbell-starring Evil Dead TV series
640.jpg

Jul 28, 2014 12:01 PM

Director, writer, and producer Sam Raimi announced at Comic-Con that he and Bruce Campbell are working on a TV adaptation of their beloved horror/slapstick/anti-literacy franchise The Evil Dead, a long-running series of movies, comics, and video games about the dangers of reading that most recently manifested in last year’s sequel/remake thing, directed by Fede Alvarez. Campbell, Raimi, and Raimi’s brother and frequent collaborator Ivan—who created the franchise together more than 30 years ago—are apparently working on the show’s script, with Campbell set to reprise his role as series hero, Ash Williams. Since 1992’s Army Of Darkness, Ash has largely been absent from the pop culture landscape, save for a two-second post-credits scene in the 2013 remake.

The 56-year old Campbell—who also appeared recently in a cameo in Raimi’s Oz The Great And Powerful, and completed a six-year stint as a wisecracking retired Navy Seal on USA spy series Burn Notice—is apparently still game to be turned into a human pinball by his old friend, responding to a fan on Twitter with a confident claim that he plans to star in the show.

Besides his film work, and before moving into the mainstream with the originalSpider-Man trilogy, Raimi worked extensively in television, producing a lot of syndicated genre shows you might remember idly watching late at night, likeCleopatra 2525Jack Of All Trades, and, most successfully, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess, on which Campbell was a frequent guest star.

Given the cartoonishly bloody, “the gorier the merrier” violence of the Evil Deadseries, it might be surprising to see it making the move to TV. But The Walking Dead has definitely proved there’s an audience on cable for this kind of gory, supernatural violence, although it remains to be seen if said audience is going to be receptive to having the antics of Bugs Bunny and the Three Stooges spliced into the mix.

MORE NEWSWIRE

It's always sunny is definitely my favourite comedy. The character depth is incredible. The things they get up to is absolutely bonkers but seems completely believable once you get to know each characters personality. It's incredibly intelligent and makes a joke out of everything.

Agreed, It's Always Sunny is brilliant and it's all about the characters and their relationships with each other and the group dynamic. It's a weird mix of the characters feeling incredibly natural, rounded and real, but then they get into completely unreal situations. 

The Gang Hits the Road is probably the funniest most perfect comedy episode ever. I laugh even on the 5th viewing. It just feels so natural how the whole episode flows and how they interact. Genius comedy writing and a testament to the show is how it's still as funny as ever 9 season in. They've been renewed for 3 more seasons too. 

I was going to download its always sunny until I read it has 9 seasons!! Nah forget that.

It's a comedy show, not Game of Thrones!! There is no story arc each episode is it's own thing. Watch however much of it you like. It's hilarious, you could watch  season 2,3 & 4 and never watch any others and it'd be more than worth it. 

Frasier is up there with one of my favourites too.

As for watching Always Sunny, aren't the first few seasons up on Netflix? Just pay for a month and cancel it after if you want. You could get through a lot of Sunny in a month.

Silicon Valley looks like it's going to be decent. First two episodes have been really funny.

And people really do need to give Ray Donovan a go, especially those who liked the Sopranos. I think it's going to go down as a 'classic'.

Sunny in Philly is good - but it can go over the top, shame because to get funnier, american sit coms have to get more extreme, which is always less funny to me.

Inbetweeners was very original at the time, very much a modern comedy that will not age well.

Office I think is pretty timeless, I can watch that over and over again.

I think the Royle Family was brilliant, although times have changed, people's opinions and attitudes are pretty much the same.

I'd love to write a tv show. It'd be fun creating something from nothing :)

Â