Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Yes apparently David FIncher is going to involved. I don't know who he is but seems to be a big and  he had something to do with 'House of Cards' which a lot of people seem to like, so could be good. Not sure when it's expected to air though, could be a way off.

Think he directed Seven, Fight Club, Social Network and did the first 3 or so episodes of House Of Cards.

Be a shame if they do an American remake of Utopia to be honest. They should just enjoy the British version 'cos it's quality television. 

• Like 2

Just started watching Orange is the new black, seems like a good story to write about but it can be a bit of an odd show with really random scenes and pointless side stories.....perhaps it's a classic case of American 1st season syndrome where story lines are set up, characters are portrayed but it doesn't really get going till season 2.

Just started watching Orange is the new black, seems like a good story to write about but it can be a bit of an odd show with really random scenes and pointless side stories.....perhaps it's a classic case of American 1st season syndrome where story lines are set up, characters are portrayed but it doesn't really get going till season 2.

Not really. Both seasons are excellent. I don't remember any pointless side stories, everything seems to have a purpose.

I think I could forgive people for thinking that way about Orange is the New Black though. It's not that the side stories are pointless, per se, it's just that the show is part serial drama, part sitcom. That's how I see it anyway.

It's not like a Breaking Bad in that each season has a specific purpose and that every episode is geared towards moving that plot forward. I mean, BB had some side stories, but even most of them tied into the main plot in some way since each character was so close that something one of them did affected them all. Orange is the New Black has a main story but you'll find a few episodes barely feature Piper and her storyline and choose to focus on the other inmates whose actions don't have anything to do with the main characters.

Edited by Ginko

When the American version of Shameless first came out I thought it was awful and it didn't feel right. Now I think it's great.

Emmy Rossum would make any show great though.

It's funny actually. I had watched 2 seasons of the US version before having seen any of the British version and found the latter quite painful to watch. I couldn't see anyone except William H Macy as Frank Gallagher.

Emmy Rossums boobies are also very welcome!

• Like 1

I think I could forgive people for thinking that way about Orange is the New Black though. It's not that the side stories are pointless, per se, it's just that the show is part serial drama, part sitcom. That's how I see it anyway.

It's not like a Breaking Bad in that each season has a specific purpose and that every episode is geared towards moving that plot forward. I mean, BB had some side stories, but even most of them tied into the main plot in some way since each character was so close that something one of them did affected them all. Orange is the New Black has a main story but you'll find a few episodes barely feature Piper and her storyline and choose to focus on the other inmates whose actions don't have anything to do with the main characters.

Yeah. But there's loads of tits.

Not really. Both seasons are excellent. I don't remember any pointless side stories, everything seems to have a purpose.

I hope so, just watched the first season and have the second ready to watch. I guess it's perspective and too many stories for me are unfinished, or developed for that one episode. I thought Weeds developed similarly. As I said most US shows have better second seasons or continue to get better as they develop (strange that so many get cancelled early) so hopefully that occurs and every character's backstory is given attention rather than a fast conclusion.

I would start the second one tonight but I remembered I have a copy of The Castle (film) lying around....tell him he's dreamin.

I don't think the American The Office is much like the english The Office. The words are much the same, but they're delivered differently (in the episodes I've watched, anyway).

Yep. The shows, in my opinion, share a number of things, but the style of humour is not one of them.

I watched the first series of 'Black Mirror' and I thought it was pretty rubbish the first episode with the pig was like a poor Chris Morris sketch stretched to an hour and the following episodes were just boring dramas with futuristic details.

I really like Utopia though, wish there were more than six episodes to a season.

I am about halfway through True Detective after my brother bought the first season on DVD. Bloody brilliant.

Edit: Marathon'd through the rest of it. Incredible show. Some of the best TV I've ever seen. 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

Has anyone watched series 3 of Friday Night Dinner? I liked the first two series, but I've watched the first two episodes of the third, and it's pretty poor. There's just too much 'craziness', to the point that it's unbelievable. Whatever mess the boys/dad get into, they do the worst thing possible, over and over again, to try to fix it.

Has anyone watched series 3 of Friday Night Dinner? I liked the first two series, but I've watched the first two episodes of the third, and it's pretty poor. There's just too much 'craziness', to the point that it's unbelievable. Whatever mess the boys/dad get into, they do the worst thing possible, over and over again, to try to fix it.

Yea, it's got to that point.  The episodes with the grandma in are always rubbish too I think.

Jim's the best thing in the whole show.

I think they should stop now, because as you say, it's wearing a bit thin.

• Like 2

Â