Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

| watched "Friday Night Dinner" on Sunday for the first time (not sure if that was the newest episode you're referring to Gareth) and it was brilliant.

Barely heard of it before. I'll definitely be catching up on the rest of them

A[n American] Football Life is a great series of documentaries on the NFL Network; I haven't posted it here because, well, for most of them you'd have to be a gridiron fan to appreciate them. But the most recent entry in the series, about the "Fearsome Foursome" wasn't really about American football, but more about the 1960s in general (the assassination of Bobby Kennedy plays a major role) and the effect a close-knit band of men without a whole lot in common had on their boss's daughter.

a kind soul uploaded the whole thing to youtube

Part 1:

http://youtu.be/-ijPw6rvBFI

I saw this when it was on the other day - I'm in the US at the moment. It took me a few minutes to remember where I first knew Merlin Olsen from. Little House On The Prairie. It was a good programme and I had to join in with their chuckling recollections of his lack of rhythm!

i dont think idget on with the stairs (or the cost) but the house on grand designs tonight was stunning

I have a dream, that one day (no I'm not him) I will do a house project where I will design and build EXACTLY what I want without giving consideration of the cost of it. I will have a picture in my mind and will then make it a reality.

Watched the whole of the first series of Peep Show on 4OD yesterday. I'm struggling to think of a better comedy programme. The way Mark sees his life through the battle of Stalingrad is hilarious. :)

I'm a complete sucker for info-tainment shows. The kind of thing usually done by the Open University and with some science or history bent that also serves a kind of entertainment show.

The latest one of these kind of things is on at the moment, How Britain Worked on Channel 4, which is following some bloke called Guy Martin (who is supposedly a known name?) looking at different historical industries and having a crack at bits of it, this week the railways. He's restoring an old steam train, and has had a look at the kind of work navvies used to do laying track, and also fixed a watch ('cos it's the railways that gave us a standardised time). Being a boring sod this is pretty interesting background viewing.

Unfortunately this Guy Martin bloke is really **** annoying. He's got this hyperactive way of talking that sounds like the one of the younger cast members of Corrie given a serious hit of cocaine. If he says 'graft' again I'm throwing something at the screen.

just started the second series of Homeland

thought the first one was pretty good and was a bit pissed off with the ending, got three episode's to watch now

Well worth it. Kept hearing great things so I powered through the first season and caught up in the second in the span of two days last week. Definitely my favorite at the moment.

Â