Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Watched the first episode of Breaking bad and loved it.

HMV have series 1 to 3 for £22 so will be paying them a visit at lunch.

doesnt simply investing a bit of money in the project give you the role of producer?

Basically.

An executive producer may be a person representing a financial investor in a film project, such as a movie studio or a distributor, but who is not directly involved in the day-to-day production. But on many films today the functioning line producer will receive this credit. It can also be someone with other special interests in the project, such as the author of the book that the film is based on, or one of the movie's key actors who has been instrumental in persuading the studio to do the movie. In such cases, the executive producer credit is mainly honorary.

The role of associate producers and co-producers vary from film to film. They may be part of the producer's support team. The person who found the property but passed it on to a better established producer often gets this credit. The writer often gets some type of producer credit, even if uninvolved in the production.

A line producer is a hands-on role which controls the day-to-day financial and production concerns and is there to support the vision of the director during production. In the 1970s, it was common for line producers to be credited as associate producers. Since the 1980s, however, it has become increasingly common for the line producer to be given the title of Executive Producer, while the initiating producer takes the "Produced by" credit. On other projects, the reverse happens, with the line producer taking the "Produced by" credit. So the two credits have become effectively interchangeable, with no precise definition.

Watched the first episode of Breaking bad and loved it.

HMV have series 1 to 3 for £22 so will be paying them a visit at lunch.

oh don't do that, I reckon you can get afree netflix trial where they have the first three-four seasons, and save yourself some dosh!

Just finished watching the 5th and final season of The Wire. Started watching it from the beginning about 2 months ago (after seeing some very good reviews on here) and got totally hooked. Up there with Breaking Bad as one of the best TV series I have ever watched.

I'm sad it's all over really....

Just finished watching the 5th and final season of The Wire. Started watching it from the beginning about 2 months ago (after seeing some very good reviews on here) and got totally hooked. Up there with Breaking Bad as one of the best TV series I have ever watched.

I'm sad it's all over really....

I've just finished watching it too. Really wanted a nice Hollywood ending with the bad guys going to jail and the good guys getting out the ghetto. But I guess the streets really aren't like that. I suppose thats what makes it so good.

i loved the ending, thought it was really clever and hadnt noticed some of it before the montage

im sure id seen somewhere someone describe it as highlighting how its the city that makes the characters what they are rather than the characters making the city what it is

I've been watching The Sopranos from season 1 to 6 ('part 2') over the last couple of months. I've seen them all before but I got more out of it watching them for a second time. I must say The Sopranos is the greatest show I've ever seen, I'd put it ahead of The Wire and Deadwood, which are my other two favourites.

Seems to be some Breaking Bad fans on here, I've not seen it but I've gone and ordered the entire series off Amazon so that's next.

I've been watching The Sopranos from season 1 to 6 ('part 2') over the last couple of months. I've seen them all before but I got more out of it watching them for a second time. I must say The Sopranos is the greatest show I've ever seen, I'd put it ahead of The Wire and Deadwood, which are my other two favourites.

I'm currently working my way through the Sopranos too, although this is my first viewing of them.

Only just finished season 2 but loving it so far.

Certainly isn't ahead of The Wire, in my opinion (not yet anyway, obviously it can get better) but it's excellent TV nonetheless

I really want to watch more of Breaking Bad but I'm not bothering streaming it as its an enormous hassle for a shitty experience, nor downloading it, nowhere in the UK broadcasts it to my knowledge and I refuse to buy it on DVD as I'm spoiled by blu-ray (which aren't sold for UK region). Which is bollocks.

Anywho, to turn this into the general TV thread a moment, the S.H.I.E.L.D series Marvel has in the works has just confirmed it's first cast member, which could be construed as a spoiler for the Avengers or possibly ruin some of the series if you've already seen the Avengers, depending on how they tie the series into the timeline we have from the movies so far. The series is set to feature the story of the slightly shady organisation, headed by Nick Fury, who come to arrange the creation of the Avengers, and presumably will act as a kind of 'behind the scenes' look at the plot of the films, or will set up the movies to come.

A[n American] Football Life is a great series of documentaries on the NFL Network; I haven't posted it here because, well, for most of them you'd have to be a gridiron fan to appreciate them. But the most recent entry in the series, about the "Fearsome Foursome" wasn't really about American football, but more about the 1960s in general (the assassination of Bobby Kennedy plays a major role) and the effect a close-knit band of men without a whole lot in common had on their boss's daughter.

a kind soul uploaded the whole thing to youtube

Part 1:

http://youtu.be/-ijPw6rvBFI

• Like 1

Â