Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Thought the new Dexter was terrible. The writing of it is just so stupid now....

So within a day Dexter tracks someone down, goes to an airport, finds the bloke, and then kills him in a luggage area where anyone could just walk in? How did Dexter know no one was going to want to get into that area?

Red Dwarf Back to Earth was appalling.

I LOVE Red Dwarf. Absolutely love it.

But those 3 episodes were total bollocks.

The only thing that excites me about the new series is that it can't be as bad as those 3.

Thought the new Dexter was terrible. The writing of it is just so stupid now....

So within a day Dexter tracks someone down, goes to an airport, finds the bloke, and then kills him in a luggage area where anyone could just walk in? How did Dexter know no one was going to want to get into that area?

If only they'd have shown us the sign on the door that made it obvious that no one used the area outside of a certain time.

Not exactly hard to track someone down when you have their address, and then you find their travel itinerary on their laptop.

i think the red dwarf back to earth episodes suffered from a lack of a laughter track and a reduced episode length. They weren't bad but the scifi storyline was a gamble, and perhaps ill advised after the long gap. I am apprehensive but I understand they're back to 30 min episodes and a laughter track for starters which will help but the actors must be so old now, it's been 24 years since they first hit the screens, and it's not been really good since season 7 ( imo, I liked it, mostly. 8 was beyond shit )

Looking forward to watching Homeland Season 2, which starts on C4 Sunday night - hopefully it'll be as good as the first!!!!

Also seriously recommend the dual Swedish/Danish crime thriller series 'The Bridge' which has been on BBC4 - if it's available on netflix/lovefilm etc definately worth watching!!!!

i think the red dwarf back to earth episodes suffered from a lack of a laughter track and a reduced episode length. They weren't bad but the scifi storyline was a gamble, and perhaps ill advised after the long gap. I am apprehensive but I understand they're back to 30 min episodes and a laughter track for starters which will help but the actors must be so old now, it's been 24 years since they first hit the screens, and it's not been really good since season 7 ( imo, I liked it, mostly. 8 was beyond shit )

The higher budget seems to have made it even shitter as well.

I'd quite like them to just say "here's your budget. £67 and a packet of hobnobs. Get on with it"

The first few series when everything looked shit was part of what made it so good.

If only they'd have shown us the sign on the door that made it obvious that no one used the area outside of a certain time.

Not exactly hard to track someone down when you have their address, and then you find their travel itinerary on their laptop.

I must have missed that sign :lol:

But still, the pace of it in which it all just happened and fell into place is stupid. The writing is rubbish now compared to the first few series. I know it's meant to be made up fun but... when does he ever work? or spend time with his kid?

When you compare how Dexter is written to something like Boardwalk Empire you realise how poor it actually is. I think they change the writers every season and it's got progressively worse.

Cuckoo on BBC3.

After initially findin the title character too annoying to endure, I am really starting to enjoy this one.

It is indeed very predictable and sticks to the BBC comedy template pretty strictly, but I think it's pretty good at the same time.

I must have missed that sign :lol:

But still, the pace of it in which it all just happened and fell into place is stupid. The writing is rubbish now compared to the first few series. I know it's meant to be made up fun but... when does he ever work? or spend time with his kid?

When you compare how Dexter is written to something like Boardwalk Empire you realise how poor it actually is. I think they change the writers every season and it's got progressively worse.

I don't agree at all.

Think of it this way, at the start Dexter used to stalk his prey for a while, he'd learn everything about them, he'd know where to kill them, when to kill them, how to get them there.

He'd only kill people that the law let slip through the net, the people that escape justice.

He followed the code to the letter, it's what kept him safe.

Fast forward to now, and he's killing people pre-trial, people who haven't even been identified as suspects (he could have got the guy today charged and imprisoned with ease), and he's doing it with no real plan, just on the fly. He's killing people purely because he wants to kill them.

It's not a fault of the writers how fast last episode went, it's a fault of Dexter. Dexter has all but abandoned the code, he just pays lip service to it.

How careless he's became isn't bad writing, it's character development. All the way through to now Dexter has been taking more and more chances, letting people see more of his true self, and now we see him completely exposed, all because he's stopped following the code.

The new Red Dwarf is an absolute racing certainty to be shit.

The combination of the original chaps behind it falling out (which coincides with it's fall from grace perfectly - series 7 is where the arse falls out the series, despite my personally liking it still. Chloe Annett (?), unpopular, but good grief YES), the series being very of it's time and the ideas running dry meant it was dead as 12 years ago. Now? They're all too old for it and the comedy doesn't really play any more. It just ends up a little sad.

I used to adore Red Dwarf but I just can't bring myself to watch the latest reanimating of a long dead corpse. Back to Earth was **** atrocious - they even nicked the 'twist' from an earlier series.

^^^ you are about to witness the best opening 5 minutes of TV very soon :)

Watched 8 episodes of Homeland now, it's great stuff. Hope it doesn't go downhill though, which I've read it does. Nice twists too.

First episode of Red Dwarf X in 'not-being-a-steaming-pile-of-shite' shocker. :shock:

It's never gonna be as laugh out loud funny as it used to be, but that episode did at least give me some hearty chuckles. And hope.

Â