Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The Jeff Lynne documentary on BBC4 last night. Lovely to hear a bloke who's lived in L.A. for over 30 years, still with a broad Brummie accent. You can take the boy out of Shard End...

I also want to live in his house in the Hollwood Hills - music facilities in every room, fabulous.

The no-honey-nut-intro scene was so good. Not many shows would have the guts to test their viewers like that. It's a good example of what sets The Wire apart from all the rest. Not much dialogue in it, but still perfectly captures the development of one of the strongest characters in the show.

The no-honey-nut-intro scene was so good. Not many shows would have the guts to test their viewers like that. It's a good example of what sets The Wire apart from all the rest. Not much dialogue in it, but still perfectly captures the development of one of the strongest characters in the show.

Yeah great scene!

Such a good character.

• Like 1

I think my favourite scene from season 4 (without giving any spoilers) involves Body and McNulty and is possibly from the final episode of the season (wouldn't surprise me as that episode is incredible).

Hence the quote in my sig.

Got round to watching The Clintons tonight (BBC2 )

Very interesting show and one has to admire the way Clinton seemed to keep bouncing back

Worth tracking down if it's online at all

I thought your tinfoil hat spotted such things at 500 paces and you gave a wide berth, BOF? :P

Speaking of Homeland, I completely missed it first time round - it is available on 4OD, does anyone know? I've been told by a lot of people its an (unexpectedly) good watch so wouldn't mind catching up without buying the blurays or going down the tedious nefarious path.

Speaking of good shows, Grand Designs started again a couple of weeks back. I thoroughly recommend watching the last episode to see an absolutely perfect example of pretentious stuck up clearing in the woodss. A couple who bought a barn in Norfolk and then decked it out in chipboard with all the varnished chipboard furniture on industrial castors, buy a house in London (because London is home, darling, and Norfolk... just isn't), specifically because it has a big plot of land they can build a house on. The episode opens with, without a sense of irony, the hateful woman of the couple telling Kevin McCloud how she loves minimalism because we're so 'obsessed by things' and she hates it... whilst stood there in oversized Gucci glasses. Which she proceeds to wear in every appearance for the entire hour. Claims she'd love to live in a monastery.

I thought your tinfoil hat spotted such things at 500 paces and you gave a wide berth, BOF? :P

Oh it does :D But because I like Damian Lewis I felt I owed him one watch. And when it comes to the mob, I'll take being the minority every time ;)

i watched the river the other night too, it was recommended on here way back, its since been cancelled, i thought it was ok, not really my thing

ive started watching grand designs as well, i like it but it could do with more depth IMO and its strange how they dumb some bits down and then inflate the significance of others but i work in construction, for example last night the most interesting thing for me was the polystyrene blocks that expand and get filled with concrete, even the tiles they made so much of id seen before, it was a stunning house though

I watched the first part of "The River" on SyFy last night, anybody else see it? Directed by Steven Spielberg and from the writers of Paranormal Activity. Quite enjoyed it.

Yeah, I enjoyed that one. I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread. Scary at times and other times just plain crazy. It was canceled but they did conclude it after 8 episodes. Speilberg's role was producer, along with like twenty other producers.I wonder what they all do.

Â