Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

First episode of Red Dwarf X in 'not-being-a-steaming-pile-of-shite' shocker. :shock:

It's never gonna be as laugh out loud funny as it used to be, but that episode did at least give me some hearty chuckles. And hope.

Agree.

I was a little sceptical about it beforehand, but it was a good start and it had a few moments that made me chuckle. Hopefully it will continue in the same vein.

It was good. I liked it :D As has been said, it'll never scale the heights of seasons 3-5 but it was definitely promising and already better than the most recent efforts. Rimmer is still the wrong side of being "Chris Barrie playing Rimmer" though if you get me. Lister was almost back to being the old Lister. Kryten was still brilliant and the Cat, if I had one criticism, it's that in places he wasn't quite as dim-witted as the old cat.

Never seen more than a cumulative total of about 15 minutes of Red Dwarf. Always struck me as an unfunny ripoff of Hitchhiker's Guide.

But the main stumbling block is that I detest Craig Charles with a passion. He's up there with Terry Christian on my "come the revolution, up against the wall" list.

Where did your dislike of Craig Charles fully develop if you haven't seen Red Dwarf? Or is it quite a recent (Coronation Street) thing?

Where did your dislike of Craig Charles fully develop if you haven't seen Red Dwarf? Or is it quite a recent (Coronation Street) thing?
Oh, I've seen in him in various things, and he always triggers the clearing in the woods reflex.

Not in Robot Wars though, surely. He was good in that.

Red Dwarf was on our tele last night, but I wasn't actively watching it. I'll have to give it a proper watch when it's repeated. Which is probably 2 or 3 times a day I imagine, without exaggerating.

Haha

I liked him in Robot Wars.

I had to admire his enthusiasm in commentating on what was essentially just children & nerds driving remote controlled cars into each other. That has to be hell for anyone with any self resepect. The fact that he had to put up with Craig Charles aswell just made his achievements even more inspirational.

Just watched the Red Dwarf episode. So relieved and what a pleasant surprise. It was good fun. A little creaky, reflective of the aging of the cast but otherwise it was old school red dwarf, keeping it simple. Promising stuff \o/

Â