Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

First ep of Snowpiercer was OK if nothing special.

Too early to judge but I have a feeling it will not have the same momentum or nerve as the movie (that I really like) had.

Not read the comics so no idea if this will be closer or further away from the source material but I hope they don't add too many subplots to stretch the season and I really hope they don't do any flashback episodes from "the world before"

All in all a solid opening episode and I will keep watching for now.

• Like 1

If anyone watched the first episode of Normal People and thought like me that the goalkeeper was pathetic in his attempt of stopping the star player scoring the winning goal then here is two earlier takes that he messed up by producing top quality saves.

The "goalie what are you doing?" shout is amusing.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Found it really hard to finish Gangs of London. After a good start to the show it really went down hill and was a hard watch near the end.

I have to agree with this, there were some hilariously bad special effects towards the end too. Its like they ran out of money to pay the writers and SFX team. The ending was a big letdown too.

Did anyone watch Harry's Heroes last nitght? I found it quite interesting. Harry himself is barely in it which helps.

It looks like Neil Ruddock (160kg) is only in the show to get pissed, smoke, eat enormous amounts of food and be constantly reminded he's going to kill himself. He's too overweight and a health risk to play or train. His wife flew out to Paris to get angry with him about his lifestyle then spend the day in the pub with him getting hammered. Several of the other players clearly felt uncomfortable with it including Merson who seems to be clean of drink and gambling which is fantastic news. He had a massive bust up with NR when trying to preach to him that he see's himself as an alcoholic in NR (oo err). Lee Hendrie however was ordering Jagers 10 at a time.

Football wise they played a Metz legends team which included Robert Pires. I think it was Parlour whop said "Pires is so good he could play in the Premier League still now", I think us Villa fans would tend to disagree with that.

Its on again tonight and tomorrow. Worth a watch I'd say.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Found it really hard to finish Gangs of London. After a good start to the show it really went down hill and was a hard watch near the end.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have to agree with this, there were some hilariously bad special effects towards the end too. Its like they ran out of money to pay the writers and SFX team. The ending was a big letdown too.

Yeah said the same myself earlier in the thread. Episode 5 was the turning point for me. The end of 4 was amazing. And while 5 was still good, it was when it became very very over the top.

Problem with the later episodes was 

Spoiler

Everyone started dying all over the place. So the tension was lost. Plus it got so convoluted I gave up trying to track who was working for who and whose side people were on

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If anyone watched the first episode of Normal People and thought like me that the goalkeeper was pathetic in his attempt of stopping the star player scoring the winning goal then here is two earlier takes that he messed up by producing top quality saves.

The "goalie what are you doing?" shout is amusing.

That's great :D 

I'll point people towards "The English Game" for absolutely pathetic goalkeepers. I don't think any goalkeeper makes a save in the entire show.

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's great :D 

I'll point people towards "The English Game" for absolutely pathetic goalkeepers. I don't think any goalkeeper makes a save in the entire show.

On 14/05/2020 at 19:52, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am almost at the end of Season 2 "The Sinner".

Really enjoying it so far and an improvement on season 1

8/10 

3 Episodes left.

I finished this and it is a rock solid 8/10.  (Better than SE01 imo)

Gets better as it goes along so dont give up early. 

My Mrs really enjoyed it as well and there are a couple of really good actors in it.

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

As soon as I heard Joe Cole's accent in Gangs of London , I got my coat.

It was similar to Peaky Blinders in the sense that the accent came and went with every scene.

Quite enjoyed the Jordan show on Netflix. Not sure what the title is. 

And this is coming from someone who's only experience on basketball was an NBA cap in the 90s. The coach seemed pretty decent at what he did. As for Jordan himself, he's the type of person these big winners often are. Huge ego. Kinda Casius Clay'esque. 

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And this is coming from someone who's only experience on basketball was an NBA cap in the 90s. The coach seemed pretty decent at what he did. As for Jordan himself, he's the type of person these big winners often are. Huge ego. Kinda Casius Clay'esque. 

You mean, Muhammad Ali esque.

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah. He basically comes across as a bellend to be honest. But just because he’s an absolute winner and he doesn’t care who he upsets to get there. 

Edited by Stevo985

Â