Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

The accent didn’t annoy me as I imagined Sean would’ve been privately schooled and gone through a leading university due to the money Finn was earning and probably wanting his son to be a legitimate facet of the organisation (his ‘job’ initially was in high rise construction)

I would’ve hated it more if they went all mockney gangster and green streeted it up.  

Same here, bit like (coincidentally) Thomas Shelby sending his lad to posh, expensive schools in Peaky Blinders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I thought Jordan came across quite likeable off court.

Yeah far from arrogant, quite humble. Just supremely confident of his own ability, but haters are aways going to call it as arrogance.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

On a side note I've just been researching the background of most of the cast in all of Meadow's work and the amount of actors from working class backgrounds he has given chances to is remarkable and it does pay off. 

Anything on ad libbing? 

To me some of the most powerful harrowing scenes in the series seem to be 2 actors bouncing off each other, the incredible lol scene in 86 (maybe 86?) from memory that didn't seem scripted to me, just great in the moment acting, makes it all the more horrible 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

The accent didn’t annoy me as I imagined Sean would’ve been privately schooled and gone through a leading university due to the money Finn was earning and probably wanting his son to be a legitimate facet of the organisation (his ‘job’ initially was in high rise construction)

I would’ve hated it more if they went all mockney gangster and green streeted it up.  

A rough kid trying to put a posh well to do voice to rise in his station and fit in and sounding a bit weird does actually work with Sean's character 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anything on ad libbing? 

To me some of the most powerful harrowing scenes in the series seem to be 2 actors bouncing off each other, the incredible lol scene in 86 (maybe 86?) from memory that didn't seem scripted to me, just great in the moment acting, makes it all the more horrible 

Yeah at the climax of 86, it felt natural the way she spoke in that situation. From reading an interview with Niamh Algar from The Virtues gives an insight as to how much the actors love working for him.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/virtues-interview-niamh-algar-dinah

Is there a sense that, if you work with Shane from the off, nothing can quite live up to it afterwards?

[Laughs] Stephen did say that to me on my first day on set; “This is going to be the best acting gig you’ll ever experience.” I was like, “Cheers Stevo - this is my first job, I may as well retire now!” He was referring, of course, to the freedom Shane gives actors. On set you never feel any time pressure. Sometimes we would shoot a six-page scene and we’d bag it in one shot, and then other days we could spend the whole day getting one scene. It’s also the way Shane chooses to film scenes, we would have up to six cameras shooting. He allowed us to improv. to warm up into the scene, so some scenes would end up being 10 or 20 minutes long. Also, the trust you have in him is incredible and when you have that on set, you get the best out of people.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Actually, you do. He changed that name long before he became the legend he was.

No. I don't. I talk about the person he was. The winner he was. Thus the Jordan reference. Any belief he had in old fairytale chronicles had nothing to do with that. 

If I remember correctly he even won countless fights and amongst them the Olympic gold way before any associatipn with the muslim brotherhood and falluja muhammed or whatever name that brainwashed group of idiots were called. His success was largely why they persisted with contacting him. 

But I digress. No, you are incorrect. Religion had no input on his winning mentality, arrogance, showmanship or self belief. Which so many winners show, thus the Jordan reference.

So no. You can try putting words in my mouth, but you are completely wrong. 

On 12/05/2020 at 12:10, Phil Silvers said:

Have u lads seen succession, if not get on it, bloody Brilliant 

Up to EP 3 season two.

Boy what a horrible bunch of words removed this family is.

Apart from Greg, dopey git.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Up to EP 3 season two.

Boy what a horrible bunch of words removed this family is.

Apart from Greg, dopey git.

yep, so many despicable characters and all quite interesting, cant wait for S3, I bet one of these bastards had something to do with covid19.

• Haha 1

Harry’s heroes an interesting watch again. Lee Hendrie opening up about his battle with depression following bankruptcy and having his and his mums homes repossessed. Said he tried to kill himself twice and take anti depressants still now. I didn’t realise he had 5 kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No. I don't. I talk about the person he was. The winner he was. Thus the Jordan reference. Any belief he had in old fairytale chronicles had nothing to do with that. 

If I remember correctly he even won countless fights and amongst them the Olympic gold way before any associatipn with the muslim brotherhood and falluja muhammed or whatever name that brainwashed group of idiots were called. His success was largely why they persisted with contacting him. 

But I digress. No, you are incorrect. Religion had no input on his winning mentality, arrogance, showmanship or self belief. Which so many winners show, thus the Jordan reference.

So no. You can try putting words in my mouth, but you are completely wrong. 

What on earth are you on about ? Are you really that ignorant?  Drop me out.

Finished season 2 of Mr Mercedes. Initially I was a little put off by the fact season 2 is in fact book 3 and the finale to the bill Hodges trilogy. 

i didn't mind some of the plot changes although would've liked it to remain closer to the source material 

Will continue onto season 3 which I guess will be book 2. 

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah far from arrogant, quite humble. Just supremely confident of his own ability, but haters are aways going to call it as arrogance.

It has to be taken into account that Jordan commissioned this documentary and ultimately has the power to squash anything he didn't want included. For instance they don't touch on Craig Hodges, one of Jordan's teammates who was essentially blackballed out of the NBA after being on Jordan's team for whatever reason. They barely touch on his gambling or various other issues. His family (apart from his Mum) are barely in the doco. What was it like to live and grow up with this extreme competitor? 

He also scoffs at Isiah Thomas' excuses saying 'I know what's he's going to say. He's had x years to come up with this' without a hint of irony that so has he with anything that he's questioned on.

He's the greatest player of all time and the documentary was a gripping and fantastic watch, but it also barely scratched the surface in a lot of areas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

What on earth are you on about ? Are you really that ignorant?  Drop me out.

Safe to say in this case you're the ignorant one, but whatever makes things easier for you. 

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

It has to be taken into account that Jordan commissioned this documentary and ultimately has the power to squash anything he didn't want included. For instance they don't touch on Craig Hodges, one of Jordan's teammates who was essentially blackballed out of the NBA after being on Jordan's team for whatever reason. They barely touch on his gambling or various other issues. His family (apart from his Mum) are barely in the doco. What was it like to live and grow up with this extreme competitor? 

He also scoffs at Isiah Thomas' excuses saying 'I know what's he's going to say. He's had x years to come up with this' without a hint of irony that so has he with anything that he's questioned on.

He's the greatest player of all time and the documentary was a gripping and fantastic watch, but it also barely scratched the surface in a lot of areas.

I don't doubt for a second there's lots of unadressed stuff. Becoming what he became will burn bridges even without the traits he had, but they did cover the gambling bit fairly well I'd say. Maybe it deserved even more talk, but personally I didn't find it that interesting. I found the lack of dialog between him and his brothers probably more interesting. Or how these athletes smoke more havannas post match than they drank gatorade. 

I'd also say the fact that he was drafted (or whatever it's called in the NBA), wasn't especially rated at Uni. An article here says he wasn't even in the top 100 prospects early on nationwide, then becomes the greatest. Think that's a testament to his mentality. Whether it's Jordan, Clay, Sampras, Federer, Pele, C. Ronaldo, Dæhlie.. some athletes just got it in buckets. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't doubt for a second there's lots of unadressed stuff. Becoming what he became will burn bridges even without the traits he had, but they did cover the gambling bit fairly well I'd say. Maybe it deserved even more talk, but personally I didn't find it that interesting. I found the lack of dialog between him and his brothers probably more interesting. Or how these athletes smoke more havannas post match than they drank gatorade. 

I'd also say the fact that he was drafted (or whatever it's called in the NBA), wasn't especially rated at Uni. An article here says he wasn't even in the top 100 prospects early on nationwide, then becomes the greatest. Think that's a testament to his mentality. Whether it's Jordan, Clay, Sampras, Federer, Pele, C. Ronaldo, Dæhlie.. some athletes just got it in buckets. 

That’s fair enough about the gambling, and they touched on it during the time in the playoffs against the Knicks, but to the casual fan they perhaps didn’t make it clear that he’d be up all night playing cards, drinking and smoking cigars etc. all the time. I mean the general assumption of the flu game/pizzagate was that he was hungover.

Turns out he was the only one of his entourage to get food poisoning was because, frustrated that they’d already eaten earlier, he spat on the pizza so they wouldn’t eat any. 

But hey, he was a freak who was good enough and tough enough mentally to back it up on the court the next day like he was 100%.

There is so much footage that still on the cutting room floor. That camera crew followed the 98 Bulls all season, but many of the episodes are taken up with game footage that NBA fans are already well versed with. I wanna see more of Michael Jordan dancing on the bus thinking he’s the boss because he’s got a pre-release to some 90s R&B singer nobody remembers or talking about Kobe in the locker room etc.

Also, for anyone else that is interested in him and his mentality. His Hall of Fame speech is a weird watch.

Edited by Hornso

I don't know how you can watch The Last Dance and not think Michael Jordan is arrogant :crylaugh:

I mean a lot of it is well placed arrogance. He really was the absolute best, so you can hardly blame him.

But he clearly knows it. He acts like he's a god.

I have absolutely no interest in basketball. I have no affiliation to any team or any player, and I view Michael Jordan as one of the greatest athletes of all time.
If thinking he's arrogant makes me a hater then so be it!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sne said:

Not had time to watch it yet, do they go into anything about how Jordan and Barkley helped turn Tiger Wood into a pills and sex addict?

Think that's season 2.

Would like to read anything you'd recommend on it though.

Â