Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

White House farm is pretty good if you can get over Stephen Graham’s awful Welsh accent! I like Stephen Graham but he doesn’t have be in every single British drama! Why they couldn’t have just used a Welsh man I don’t know 

I have watched documentaries on the case so I know who dunnit but I won’t ruin it for those that don’t know 

Edited by Bizzzle

White Gold series 1 on netflix - its ok for what it's worth, quite low brow stuff.

Cant seem to find series 2 available anywhere - bbc iplayer, netflix or anywhere else 🙄

3 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

White House farm is pretty good if you can get over Stephen Graham’s awful Welsh accent! I like Stephen Graham but he doesn’t have be in every single British drama! Why they couldn’t have just used a Welsh man I don’t know 

I have watched documentaries on the case so I know who dunnit but I won’t ruin it for those that don’t know 

It's called "Welsh Washing"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

White Gold series 1 on netflix - its ok for what it's worth, quite low brow stuff.

Cant seem to find series 2 available anywhere - bbc iplayer, netflix or anywhere else 🙄

It's definitely anywhere else as I watched it late last year using my provider. Ahem, on Plex. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Series 2 was definitely on Netflix at some point. I didn't get round to it but I remember seeing it had been released on there

• Thanks 1

On 20/01/2020 at 08:18, villa4europe said:

as far as guff that the missus watches which is actually ok I've got in to greys anatomy! never seen it before 2 weeks ago, started in series 11 and we're now half way through series 13, its safe to say its a little exaggerated and some of the episodes dont work because the stories are signposted from the off but its enjoyable

I did like ER back in the day and i actually thought shortland street was better than neighbours and h&a, casualty and holby can get in the sea though

anyone watch new Amsterdam? might try that after

The Resident isn't too bad if you like hospital stuff, Bit melodramatic at times but enjoyable enough & Emily Vancamp is in it & she's purdy 😍😘gpyAfKL.gif

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's why they always seem to be cutting good show

I read somewhere recently (can't think where) that one of the main reasons they cut shows after two seasons is that most of the cast and crew are signed for two seasons and after that, they are free to renegotiate their contracts. If a show is relatively successful, that could end up being very expensive so unless it's a runaway success, it's more cost effective to can it and pick up the next script from the top of the incoming pile. 

Thinking about it, I probably read that on VT in the first place.

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah the Netflix metric is pretty nuts

that's why they always seem to be cutting good shows, the way they collate viewing stats is different to anyone else and not disclosed

Yes - it also makes their claim about The Witcher highly questionable. 

Hadn't seen the film but saw that there was a TV version of Love Exposure, which has an hour extra footage, so watched that... Liked it a lot, one of the best things I've seen...

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, useless said:

Hadn't seen the film but saw that there was a TV version of Love Exposure, which has an hour extra footage, so watched that... Liked it a lot, one of the best things I've seen...

A truly brilliant film, it was one of my favourite of the whole decade, let alone the year. Definitely not for everyone, but if the idea of a 4hr+ Japanese film exploring the links between religion, cults and perversion lie seems right up your street, then it's worth a watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes - it also makes their claim about The Witcher highly questionable. 

It does, but then I think their metrics must work for them.

Maybe a show with more views, according to how they measure it, is more successful for them. If they're cutting shows and commissioning shows based on that then it must be in their interest.

I dunno, I'm thinking out loud.

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It does, but then I think their metrics must work for them.

Maybe a show with more views, according to how they measure it, is more successful for them. If they're cutting shows and commissioning shows based on that then it must be in their interest.

I dunno, I'm thinking out loud.

They must have done it for a reason, for sure. All I'm saying is that I don't believe the claim that The Witcher is the most-watched series ever, when they've just made the metric measuring this massively easier before its release. 

• Like 1

Â