Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 25/01/2020 at 16:03, Seat68 said:

Watched the first episode of Hip Hop Evolution today. Really looking forward to the remaining episodes. Very enjoyable. 

I loved the first couple of series. Got lost a bit in the more recent stuff. Guess that's just a reflection of the fact I was listening to a lot of stuff in the 80's and early 90's so it was all groups that were right in my sweet spot.

The only bit I struggled with was the segment with Afrika. Given the abuse allegations (I know he's not been prosecuted) and the Zulu Nation's response, it was uncomfortable seeing then venerate him to the extent they did. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bickster said:

FIrst episode of Picard was great

I really enjoyed it too.

I normally wait until a full series is out before watching so I can binge watch it if I like it. Unfortunately I’m now going to have to wait two months after the first episode to do that with Picard.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 11:55, rjw63 said:

After 3 episodes of "Power" on Netflix, I'm wondering how the **** this got to 5 seasons.

Next.

On 02/10/2019 at 16:36, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned already but "Power" on Netflix. I saved it to my list ages ago but only just started watching it. 

It's like Topboy but more glamorous (in parts) with lots of nookie. Win-win !

On 02/10/2019 at 17:32, rjw63 said:

Watched 3 episodes, thought it was cack. Moved on.

I started to watch this on the recommendation from a friend.

Checked IMDB and it's got an 8.2 rating 😲

Lots of flesh and shagging.....for me thats the only plus for it.

I should have read in here first......

So many flaws and unbeilable plots in the storyline.

shame really as i thought it had some potential

but overall i agree with @rjw63 as in it's shite and i've binned it.

they've now done a series 6 so somebody must like it.

• Like 1

my wife was watching cheer on Netflix, i was doing some stuff around the house, I found myself watching more and more of it to the point where I sat down and watched a full episode

its sickeningly American and its cheerleading at the end of the day but what these kids can do is incredible, im not a huge gymnastics fan but do like tumbling and this is proper throwing people around stuff, I have a real appreciation for their talent, they will all now never work a day in their life, have drug problems and be washed out Instagram models by 24 but that's beside the point

On 22/01/2020 at 22:32, Bizzzle said:

White House farm is pretty good if you can get over Stephen Graham’s awful Welsh accent! I like Stephen Graham but he doesn’t have be in every single British drama! Why they couldn’t have just used a Welsh man I don’t know 

I have watched documentaries on the case so I know who dunnit but I won’t ruin it for those that don’t know 

I think the whole world knows who dunnit, and even that's not conclusive. 

I was in Lartin with him, very hard person to fathom. 

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

I started to watch this on the recommendation from a friend.

Checked IMDB and it's got an 8.2 rating 😲

Lots of flesh and shagging.....for me thats the only plus for it.

I should have read in here first......

So many flaws and unbeilable plots in the storyline.

shame really as i thought it had some potential

but overall i agree with @rjw63 as in it's shite and i've binned it.

they've now done a series 6 so somebody must like it.

Yep I watched the first season. Boring. 

Must be something about it as so many people love it. But I filed it alongside things like Sons of Anarchy as something I just don’t get

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Ray Donovan just gets better with each season. Great soundtrack too. 

I second this, another great season comes to an end. I'm surprised this doesn't get more mentions, it really it a top notch show.

• Like 1

TV related. 

I went to Secret Cinema today, who are currently doing Stranger Things. 

3 hour immersive experience and it’s absolutely brilliant. 

If you’ve never heard of Secret Cinema, it’s worth checking out - https://www.secretcinema.org/previous-worlds

The standard of what they have put together for Stranger Things is unreal and something you’d normally only get in America at somewhere like Disney or Universal. 

Well worth going. 

6 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

TV related. 

I went to Secret Cinema today, who are currently doing Stranger Things. 

3 hour immersive experience and it’s absolutely brilliant. 

If you’ve never heard of Secret Cinema, it’s worth checking out - https://www.secretcinema.org/previous-worlds

The standard of what they have put together for Stranger Things is unreal and something you’d normally only get in America at somewhere like Disney or Universal. 

Well worth going. 

I went to the James Bond one and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was cool and all, but it was built up has having all sorts of things to do but the sheer amount of people there meant it was kind of impossible to do anything (cracking codes and chasing bad guys and all that stuff)

I've heard the other ones have been far better though so I'd be keen to do another one.

On 26/01/2020 at 22:50, bickster said:

FIrst episode of Picard was great

Second really good also.  Really starting to take shape.  I'm loving the 'grown-up ' aspect to this series.  Star trek without the sugar coating. 

• Like 1

I think we've given up on Mad Men. I admire it and it's well acted and the aesthetic does draw you in. But I never at the end of the day ever really want to watch it. There's always something else which would be just as fun without the effort.  The Leftovers was similar. I watched 4 episodes and thought this is interesting, but just had no momentum with watching it. First episode of The Man In the High Castle, didn't stick with me either. 

Very much searching for a decent 45 minute episode drama that pulls you in quickly. There's absolutely loads out there, but it's just easier to re-watch The West Wing or Gilmore Girls at the moment.

Currently re-watching Community again. Forgot how wonderfully silly that show could be. 

The Good Place had a really touching finale, very well done. 

• Like 2

Â