Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

@DCJonah @Stevo985 @wazzap24 never heard of secret cinema before, without ruining it could you briefly explain the concept? Do you still watch the film or just “act” parts of it out? 

The Stranger Things one was slightly different to the previous film ones they’ve done. They didn’t actually show a full episode of the show. 

The world we were in was based on season 3, but the finale was a bit of a mash-up of the whole story, with key scenes on a wrap-around screen and live actors. 

Before that there were various locations to explore, like the Starcourt Mall, Hopper’s Cabin, The Hawkins Fair and the Hideawy Pub. 

It was excellent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

only problem with Picard is it feels like i'm watching some strange outtakes from Logan

Yeah I can see that.   Although that was a top film so maybe no bad thing? Just have to keep reminding yourself he's Picard and not Xavier 😁

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Strange and disappointing call.

Obviously wanted to go out on a high, season 7 was brilliant. Still, I'd have preferred just one more year...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Bollocks.

Showtime have cancelled Ray Donovan.

**** you, Showtime.

Any reason for it?

I watched the first few seasons up until 

Spoiler

His wife died and the first episode of the new series was him moping around

and then lost track. I was planning on getting back into it but if its going to end on a cliffhanger then is their any point?

Edited by Xela

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Any reason for it?

Reveal hidden contents

and then lost track. I was planning on getting back into it but if its going to end on a cliffhanger then is their any point?

None given from what I’ve seen and Liv Schreiber and Eddie Marsden seem pretty gutted. 

The more I think about it, the more it winds me up. I understand things getting pulled after 1 or 2 seasons if they aren’t popular, but this is an established show and season 8 was going to be the final one anyway.  Nominated for loads of Emmy’s and Golden Globes and all 7 seasons received pretty decent reviews in general. It’s just a crappy thing to do. 

It’s definitely worth getting back into though, the season you’re on about is the weakest of them all, but it picks up again and the last two are superb. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Any reason for it?

Hide contents

No cliffhanger. In fact it was a decent ending, I just wanted morrrrrrrrrreeeeeee 😁

• Like 2

On 22/09/2016 at 22:14, Xann said:

FUsoUI0.jpg

Wiki reckons Universal bought the option on Elric over a decade ago.

There is a lot of Moorcock that's certainly more doable with CGI.

Here he comes, but not to film, to TV.

EXCLUSIVE: New Republic Pictures’ Brian Oliver and producer Bradley J. Fischer acquired the exclusive rights to all works in Michael Moorcock’s seminal fantasy-horror series The Elric Saga. They are beginning to shop the property for series, with Glen Mazzara (The Walking Dead and The Shield) and Prison Break and Star Trek: Discovery‘s Vaun Wilmott attached to adapt the sci-fi fantasy tale.

At a time when platforms are looking for the next Game of Thrones, this certainly fits the bill in terms of a sprawling series. The Elric stories are Moorcock’s best-selling works, a series of complex and layered novels that take place across multiple dimensions of reality and alternative universes. It was Moorcock himself who coined the word “multiverse” as a fictional concept in his 1963 novel The Sundered Worlds, now a common term used to describe the broader worlds of movies and television franchises from Marvel and DC to Stephen King and Star Wars.

Deadline

Not a big enough fan of Star Trek to get into the new Picard series.

Too much set up so far. It's not bad, but it's not good either.

It looks good thou.

Cute that they added a Wolverine clone, scruffy beard, cigar, good healing ability and all for Professor X to team up with. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, sne said:

Lot's of "the next GOT" productions out there atm.

LOTR, The Wheel of Time, The Witcher, See :crylaugh:, The Elric Saga.

Sure there are a couple more in the works

Reckon TV and film are total shite for the most part, though I'm still intrigued when someone attempts to bring literature I loved as a kid to the screen.

It's mostly disappointing tbh ('Ender's Game'). Occasionally they have a half decent stab ('Dredd').

Elric is very much on the current bandwagon of epic Fantasy, but there's potential for a couple of chinks of light.

The obvious one being CGI that's able to deliver the sorcery, the supernatural and the scale. These would have been a crazy challenge in the decades immediately following the books' publications.

If it does work out? Then there's the other 'Eternal Champion' books to look at. There's Dorian Hawkmoon fighting the evil post apocalypse British empire and Jerry Cornelius who's more SF than Fantasy.

515ElqPpvvL._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

17 minutes ago, Xann said:

Reckon TV and film are total shite for the most part, though I'm still intrigued when someone attempts to bring literature I loved as a kid to the screen.

It's mostly disappointing tbh ('Ender's Game'). Occasionally they have a half decent stab ('Dredd').

Elric is very much on the current bandwagon of epic Fantasy, but there's potential for a couple of chinks of light.

The obvious one being CGI that's able to deliver the sorcery, the supernatural and the scale. These would have been a crazy challenge in the decades immediately following the books' publications.

If it does work out? Then there's the other 'Eternal Champion' books to look at. There's Dorian Hawkmoon fighting the evil post apocalypse British empire and Jerry Cornelius who's more SF than Fantasy.

515ElqPpvvL._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Denis Villeneuve is attempting suicide by finally getting his Dune movies on the big screen. First one is expected to air on Dec 18th (kinda think it won't)

Some good names attached but surely this is a mission impossible.

Same with that William Gibson Neuromancer/Sprawl Trilogy that's been "in the works" for ages. 

For me the biggest one thou is the Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time one they are working. The sheer size of it. It's probably 3 times a huge as GOT with 14 massive heavy books and a prequel and 100 times as many named characters. Half of all the actors in the world would be needed to make it justice :D 

To put in context the audio books for this epic is 19 days in run time :crylaugh:

Not sure Disney will allow that. Then again it's Amazon so I guess they got the cash...

I don't see how they will ever manage to do it but it's supposed to air in 2021 or something.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Denis Villeneuve is attempting suicide by finally getting his Dune movies on the big screen. First one is expected to air on Dec 18th (kinda think it won't)

Will look at this too, for old times' sake.

A quick Google isn't showing much in the way of visuals.

Didn't mind the '84 film when I was a kid. A strange mixture of amazing (Prochnow/Eno) and excruciating (Sting/Toto).

It's still fairly unique looking. Quite enjoyed the reconstructed throne room scene on YouTube.

Edited by Xann
Oops
  • Like 1

Â