Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Gangs of London s2 has sadly doubled down on the parts I didn't like from the first season. It's a turn your brain off action show that is gory and bombastic but little else.

It's watchable but there is not much substance.

Spoiler

The episode 3 reveal was utterly predictable and just as terrible. Didn't like it when they did it in Gomorrah either but this is worse since the show is much worse.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Gangs of London s2 has sadly doubled down on the parts I didn't like from the first season. It's a turn your brain off action show that is gory and bombastic but little else.

It's watchable but there is not much substance.

Reveal hidden contents

The episode 3 reveal was utterly predictable and just as terrible. Didn't like it when they did it in Gomorrah either but this is worse since the show is much worse.

Shame as if done correctly could have been mega, had loads of potential after the first couple of episodes of season 1 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

For those wondering what I look like you can see me on TV later tonight 

86074190-BD98-41CF-AF6E-EE282707E5EC.jpeg

what do they do with the 'offcuts' of the reduction surgery and are they available for donation for others that may require it?

asking for a friend

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what do they do with the 'offcuts' of the reduction surgery and are they available for donation for others that may require it?

asking for a friend

the off cuts are  used to make Tofu I believe  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

S2 of Gangs of London really wasn't for me. Feels like it was made by a teenager that watched Gomorrah and The Raid and just wanted to cram in fight scenes that looked cool. And the absurd amount of plot twists they crammed in in 8 episodes was tedious.

Will not watch a 3rd season if they make one. Shame because s1 had it's moments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

first image from the upcoming Fallout tv show on amazon

null

didnt know it was a thing until i saw this

Any indication where it's set? Which Fallout game it takes its inspiration from? I would say New Vegas has the better potential. 

had a look on wiki

developed by lisa joy and jonathan nolan (westworld), executive producer is todd howard from bethesda, its the debut for the showrunner which is probably the worrying thing, stars walton goggin and ella purnell, filmed in new york and utah

so no setting, agree vegas would be better, dont think the story from any of the games has stuck with me though, they can do pretty much anything they want

• Like 1

On 22/10/2022 at 12:29, bielesibub said:

Finished this last night, why? what a mess 🙄

Hide contents

Why didn't they explore the underground tunnels from their house, rather than go banging on the neighbours doors  and accusing them?

On 22/10/2022 at 13:24, tomav84 said:

yep. started promising, but found myself caring a little bit less each episode

Just finished this. Really quite shit to be honest. 

Very promising start but just went nowhere. I haven’t researched the true story yet but my instinct is there’s not much to it so they didn’t know how to end the show

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just finished this. Really quite shit to be honest. 

Very promising start but just went nowhere. I haven’t researched the true story yet but my instinct is there’s not much to it so they didn’t know how to end the show

Yep.  In terms of remaining accurate to the real events, only the letters are factual.  The rest is just basically made up to dramatise a fairly boring story 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

From what I remember of Gangs of London S1 the first couple of episodes were incredible but it went downhill quite fast. 
Sounds like it continued its slump into S2.

I remember it for the battle at that house and Joe Cole having a silly posh accent.  I'll get round to watching series 2 at some point.  

The Watcher was naff, I was expecting a better/actual conclusion to it.  5/10

On 22/10/2022 at 12:19, sne said:

Really impressed with the first two eps of The Peripheral. 

Sci-fi action/drama based on the William Gibson novel (which I've not read), made by the Westworld TV-show creators and it looks really good. Story is interesting so far and the tech is plausible enough to not just be MacGuffins that the plot needs for that one scene.

I'd say it's an 8/10 after 2 eps.

William Gibson's The Peripheral is the next Amazon TV series to envision the  metaverse | VentureBeat

I’ve come to this thread specifically to post about this series. Just finished episode 2 and really enjoying it so far. Definitely recommend. 

Chloe Grace Moretz as well 😍

On 22/10/2022 at 12:19, sne said:

Really impressed with the first two eps of The Peripheral. 

Sci-fi action/drama based on the William Gibson novel (which I've not read), made by the Westworld TV-show creators and it looks really good. Story is interesting so far and the tech is plausible enough to not just be MacGuffins that the plot needs for that one scene.

I'd say it's an 8/10 after 2 eps.

William Gibson's The Peripheral is the next Amazon TV series to envision the  metaverse | VentureBeat

I’ve come to this thread specifically to post about this series. Just finished episode 2 and really enjoying it so far. Definitely recommend. 

Chloe Grace Moretz as well 😍

• Like 1

Â