Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I am also really enjoying The Outsider, it's another fine King adaptation. Fans of the book (books if you include the Bill Hodges trilogy) may have questioned the casting of Holly, but I think she's great. I am incredibly curious to see how they deal with the big reveal. Mild The Outsider spoilers, mostly pertaining to who / what The Outsider is which are neither confirmed or denied by King;

Spoiler

Given the relative success of the It movies, I wonder how many people will make the connection with The Outsider and It / Pennywise being 'psychic vampires' from Todash space. The Outsider feeding on grief, It feeding on fear, plus there's Dandelo from The Dark Tower feeding on laughter. Do they all have knowledge of each other, or perhaps are in league with the Crimson King? It was almost certainly not, there's no suggestion of it, especially given it's canon origin being from a meteorite millennia ago. Dandelo definitely was, he was more or less the final obstacle for the surviving members of the Ka-Tet before reaching Can Ka No Rey. The Outsider though...an escaped monstrosity from a thinny? A Crimson King agent looking for Breakers? After all, all things serve the Beam.

I believe The Institute has already been snapped up too for an adaptation, similarly to The Outsider it's one which whilst reading I thought would be perfect for a limited series over 6-10 episodes. King is enjoying a bit of a renascence in his older age, his recent novels have been much better than a number of this in his middle age. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogso said:

I am also really enjoying The Outsider, it's another fine King adaptation. Fans of the book (books if you include the Bill Hodges trilogy) may have questioned the casting of Holly, but I think she's great. I am incredibly curious to see how they deal with the big reveal. Mild The Outsider spoilers, mostly pertaining to who / what The Outsider is which are neither confirmed or denied by King;

Hide contents

Given the relative success of the It movies, I wonder how many people will make the connection with The Outsider and It / Pennywise being 'psychic vampires' from Todash space. The Outsider feeding on grief, It feeding on fear, plus there's Dandelo from The Dark Tower feeding on laughter. Do they all have knowledge of each other, or perhaps are in league with the Crimson King? It was almost certainly not, there's no suggestion of it, especially given it's canon origin being from a meteorite millennia ago. Dandelo definitely was, he was more or less the final obstacle for the surviving members of the Ka-Tet before reaching Can Ka No Rey. The Outsider though...an escaped monstrosity from a thinny? A Crimson King agent looking for Breakers? After all, all things serve the Beam.

I believe The Institute has already been snapped up too for an adaptation, similarly to The Outsider it's one which whilst reading I thought would be perfect for a limited series over 6-10 episodes. King is enjoying a bit of a renascence in his older age, his recent novels have been much better than a number of this in his middle age. 

Loved the Outsider book (I’m recording the tv show to binge once complete) so checked out the Mr Mercedes trilogy books too.

Really enjoyed the first one and just started Finders Keepers. 

good to hear the outsider TV show is a decent adaptation 👍

At long last I got to watch Chernobyl and have to say it was worth the wait.

the final episode with the courtroom explanation of how it happened was absolutely superb.

now need something a little lighter so hitting the final Good Place season after this weeks sky arts portrait artist of the year 😳

• Like 3

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

the final episode with the courtroom explanation of how it happened was absolutely superb.

It's the only episode of any series I have immediately watched again; Fantastic tv!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It’s the best HBO show ever 

306.jpg

• Like 1

started watching a HBO docuseries last night called mcmillions, its about the fraud surrounding mcdonalds monopoly game, its pretty good, I knew that game was ropey as **** but didn't realise how bad it was, the main young FBI guy is a character that's for sure

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The Wire and The Sopranos say Hi 

TBH, my post was part Hyperbole and part just an excuse to post another Chernobyl meme!

You can’t compare a stand alone mini-series to long running, multi-season dramas. 

• Like 2

Just now, wazzap24 said:

TBH, my post was part Hyperbole and part just an excuse to post another Chernobyl meme!

You can’t compare a stand alone mini-series to long running, multi-season dramas. 

If it's limited to stand alone mini series, then I'd probably agree. It's the best.

• Like 1

band of brothers surely?

id have it second, ahead of the night of, the pacific and generation kill, with then mildred pierce, angel in America and john adams, I think the only one ive watched and not though it was great was show me a hero, that was hard work

I might have to rewatch them both as im not sure if I'd even have Chernobyl as my best mini series from last year, I really enjoyed when they see us

david simon has a new HBO one coming in march called the plot against america

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

band of brothers surely?

id have it second, ahead of the night of, the pacific and generation kill, with then mildred pierce, angel in America and john adams, I think the only one ive watched and not though it was great was show me a hero, that was hard work

I might have to rewatch them both as im not sure if I'd even have Chernobyl as my best mini series from last year, I really enjoyed when they see us

david simon has a new HBO one coming in march called the plot against america

I'd say Chernobyl is better than all of them

• Like 1

Â