Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone seen Messiah?

Yep. It’s ok so far. There’d better be a decent reveal in series two though or it’ll be disappointing. That’s not to say series 1 is bad but it’s one of those that tells you it’s building to something so they’d better tell you what that something is at some point. 

• Thanks 1

So, I've not checked up the story about Locke & Key but I had it on my to watch list.

The set up for the first ep was a whole lot like the beginning of Narnia but I expect it to move in a completely different direction :D 

Edit: Literally the first sentence in ep 2 is about Narnia so that's that covered :D They have their back free.

Spoiler

Siblings relocated because reasons to old house, youngest sibling finds door/key to another place and older siblings doesn't believe him/her. Even had a sneaky witch-type lady who offered things to trick the kid.

Guess this is where the similarities end thou. Don't expect to see any flutey fauns or Jesus lions.

Pretty decent start so will absolutely keep watching, just hope it doesn't turn into too much of a young adult urban fantasy drama.

Edited by sne
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Has anyone got mega shows on their ‘never seen it’ list?

my big ones are I’ve never seen;

Mad Men

The Wire

#iknowiknow

Breaking Bad is the main one for me. Also Mad Men

Got half way through the Sopranos

6 eps into Locke & Key and I can't really get into it.

The tone is all over the place, show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. And the characters are reacting to extraordinary things like you'd expect someone to react to finding a penny on the street.

The writing is really poor, no idea if that's down to the show or the source material, I'm guessing they've made something so there be something for everyone, algorithm-TV.

Worst part is the villain.

Spoiler

Ep 7 spoiler 

Spoiler

They have a box that let them control people but when the guy who murdered their dad is pointing a gun at their mom the choose to do f all with it. Could have solved the situation so easily. 

A quick google and it appears that the graphic novel is something very different to the TV-show.

Apparently there is 40 eps ordered but would not surprise me if this get's cancelled.

Edit: fast skipped through the last 4 episodes, wasn't my thing. I'd say it's a 4-5/10 WNB

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Mad Men

The Wire

#iknowiknow

Mine will be sitcoms, curb your enthusiasm, arrested development etc never seen an episode, its liked on here but battlestar gallactica isn't my thing, never seen a TV episode of star trek before Picard despite seeing all the films 

Started the majority of them I think, always sunny thought it was OK but not enough for me to care, didn't finish breaking bad, watched 2 episodes of lost and thought it was utter guff

5 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Mad Men

The Wire

#iknowiknow

The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire and Mad men but non of these even slightly appeal to me. I also stared watching both Vikings and Better Call Saul but gave up as I found them duller than dishwater 

Most. Watched all of Friends, Buffy, Breaking Bad (which was a chore), GOT, Seinfeld, Parks and Rec, The Office US. Them aside haven't seen Wire, Lost etc. No plans to either. I can't invest in things like that which have finished and display a mountain in front of me. Watching from the start it's an episode at a time but watching now it's here have 120 episodes. Enjoy!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Most. Watched all of Friends, Buffy, Breaking Bad (which was a chore), GOT, Seinfeld, Parks and Rec, The Office US. Them aside haven't seen Wire, Lost etc. No plans to either. I can't invest in things like that which have finished and display a mountain in front of me. Watching from the start it's an episode at a time but watching now it's here have 120 episodes. Enjoy!!

I'm the same, I can't be arsed to sit down and start something I know there are 8 series to catch up on.  It's why I never watched Game of Thrones.  I've not seen The Wire either.  Breaking Bad and Dexter are probably the exceptions where I watched it all after the programme was finished.

The Stranger is one of those programmes that as it's on Netflix I sat down and watched it all, but if it was a BBC or ITV programme I probably wouldn't have bothered.  I don't know why, I think I've just got into the habit of not watching stuff on terrestrial.  I've probably missed loads of great programmes as a result.

23 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm the same, I can't be arsed to sit down and start something I know there are 8 series to catch up on.  It's why I never watched Game of Thrones.  I've not seen The Wire either.  Breaking Bad and Dexter are probably the exceptions where I watched it all after the programme was finished.

I'm similar. I struggle to pick things up if I'm not invested from the start. 

That said, we did start Game Of Thrones just before the final season and we absolutely flew through it.

new season of All or Nothing just dropped. Philadelphia Eagles. 3 eps in and its as good as always. The in-game footage is so immersive. I love for some scoring plays how they stay zoomed in on a certain player and follows their reaction, and then shows the TV angle after

• Like 2

Â