Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 12/02/2020 at 20:09, Zatman said:

I thought season 2 was probably the weakest of the seasons. Cali Cartel was probably even a better season than season 1.

had no expectations for Narcos Mexico as didnt really like the main actors but was a pleasant surprise

I’ll go back to to one day, I’m sure it’s still decent - it was just all about Pablo for me.

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

After first episode of Locke & Key  I am excited to watch the rest.

thought the opening pilot episode was terrific :) 

Literally just finished that myself. Wasn't keen at first but I was hooked by the end of the episode.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2020 at 07:52, villa4europe said:

started watching a HBO docuseries last night called mcmillions, its about the fraud surrounding mcdonalds monopoly game, its pretty good, I knew that game was ropey as **** but didn't realise how bad it was, the main young FBI guy is a character that's for sure

I haven't watched the series, but I read a really good 'long read' about the case here: https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-an-ex-cop-rigged-mcdonalds-monopoly-game-and-stole-millions

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Rewatching season 7 of Seinfeld. The Susan season. Love the show full stop but Season 6 and 7 are so damn good. 

I'd never seen Seinfeld until relatively recently, when I binged the entire thing.

It's so obvious when you watch it now that it was a template for so many other sitcoms at that time. Friends especially.

(I'm sure someone will tell me something else came before Seinfeld that was "the template" but anyway)

Don't like Seinfeld, never have. Fully get why it's hugely influential but I don't think it's funny. At all.

Must have been forced to sit through every episode 5 times at least and it's still on the telly in Sweden every day but nope. 

Then again sitcoms are not my jam. 

It's aged horribly but at least it's not racist, sexist or homophobic unlike most other old shows are by today's standards. Maybe that's why I don't rate it :D 

Oh I am sure there are things in it that would trigger the most fragile minds. I recall watching it in the 90s and thinking it was the greatest thing ever. My wife thought the same so I knew she was a keeper. 

Today's episode of Tipping Point, genuinely one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. The contestant who got to the final has given some inspired answers to somehow go home with £2,200:

What is the name of the English women's footballer who played in the 1930s and scored over 1,000 times in her career?
"David Beckham"

Which cricket ground is known as the home of cricket? A. Duke's   B. Knight's   C. Lord's
"Something in my head is telling me it's Knight's. I'll go with Knight's as my final answer."

Which of these is the medical name for goosebumps?
"I've heeeeard of goosebumps. I'll go with corneal reflex."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd never seen Seinfeld until relatively recently, when I binged the entire thing.

It's so obvious when you watch it now that it was a template for so many other sitcoms at that time. Friends especially.

(I'm sure someone will tell me something else came before Seinfeld that was "the template" but anyway)

Fantastic TV show. Some wonderful episodes... the one with the woman Jerry dates, and she only seems to have one dress. The dialogue is perfect!

Â