Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I never thought I'd be able to watch anything foreign language and enjoy it until I watched the Bridge. Brilliant.

Now I know that in Swedish, 'top-notch laboratory' is 'tohp-nohtch laboratory'.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, darrenm said:

I never thought I'd be able to watch anything foreign language and enjoy it until I watched the Bridge. Brilliant.

Now I know that in Swedish, 'top-notch laboratory' is 'tohp-nohtch laboratory'.

I havent watched it myself, but i have a friend who is the most negative person on earth and he pretty much hates evrybody and evrything.

A few days ago he told me that the bridge was the best TV serie he has ever seen, if he says it's good it must be amazing.

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I need a new series to start. What's the general VT opinion on Wayward Pines and Billions?

Billions is great, Pines falls of a cliff in season 2.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I need a new series to start. What's the general VT opinion on Wayward Pines and Billions?

Wayward Pines was a semi-decent series, that could've been and should've been left alone after it finished.

Have yet to watch Billions but is on the list.

I take it you've watched The Bridge and Line Of Duty?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Wayward Pines. As TBA says above, the first series is only semi-decent and the second is an absolute shower. Like a really bad B movie, without any funny bits (intentional or otherwise) 

Billions on the other hand, is wicked so far. It's a much higher standard of programme. 

Just now, Designer1 said:

Billions it is then.

Thanks chaps :)

Billions is fantastic

Wayward Pines S1 is also good. No idea why it came back for S2

First episode of Billions was decent if unspectacular. 

Decent writing but highly unlikeable characters. 

I'll give it another couple of episodes though as I love Giamatti.

• Like 2

Gommorah season 2 i bloody excellent. On a part with Sopranos and Boardwalk empire as far as gangster epics go.

Soon get used to the subtitles. And for me they seem to even enhance it a little, gives it another layer of gritty neopolitan realism on top.

I'm wondering whether to give Billions a try to fill the void. That or watch Deadwood through from the beginning for a 2nd time. Was along time ago when i first watched it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

First episode of Billions was decent if unspectacular. 

Decent writing but highly unlikeable characters. 

I'll give it another couple of episodes though as I love Giamatti.

The characters are never likeable throughout.

Maggie Siff is amazing in it though both her and Damion Lewis really are stunning towards the end of the series after getting used to their characters.

On 10/07/2016 at 14:12, wazzap24 said:

Having finished Banshee, I'm making a case for it to be up there with the GOATS. 

4 tight seasons, all killer no filler - brilliant conclusion. 

Great characters

Great acting 

Brilliant concept and overall story 

The best violence and fight scenes I've ever seen on TV 

Deserves much wider acclaim IMO. 

I'll go with the violence and fight scenes being some of the best on TV.

Not sure that overall its up there with the GOATS. Its marvelous, but so batshit crazy and OTT at times, that i cant quite compare it with some of the deeper epics (sopranos, bb, the wire etc).

It's definately a show that seems to have flown under the radar for some reason. Its worth everyone giving it a try. It really is quite unique.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Watched man in the high first episode the other day... Not bad, if maybe a little slow paced. Is it worth completing the series? 

Contagion starting on e4 weds looks decent

I personally don't think so. Others seem more impressed with it though.

Â