Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The best TV series are long yet keep you interested without having to resort to filler.

Breaking Bad is that in every way.

It has a perfect arc. 

imo it gets better and better and better. It didn't become a classic, in my eyes, until the final season which was utterly spectacular.

That's how TV should be.

Got to admit, I thought it was ok. Nothing spectacular (IMO) not a patch on the wire or sopranos.

• Like 1

It slotted in at number 2 for me.

Better than Sopranos, not as good as The Wire.

Season 5 is right up there. Nearly as good as season 4 of the wire, but probably not quite there

• Like 1

WIre used to be my favourite but rewatching some of the dialogue seems really cheesey especially amongst the police characters but still really great got a bit of a comic book feel to it. Sopranos is my greatest now and my favourite comedy and it's not even a comedy. I prefer Mad Men to Breaking Bad I think BB will date pretty fast.

Forgot about MM, The Shield also beats breaking Bad so far for me.

The Wire gets better with every watch, 4 times now and I still pick up stuff I missed.

I watched the first 4 episodes of OITNB last year and wasn't feeling it. Should go back and give it another shot? What's the consensus ?

I liked it for about that length of time.

Then nothing really seemed to happen in the next few so I gave up. Might go back to it at some point. There's so much other TV I've got to watch though.

Me and the girlfriend have watched the second series of OITNB this week, we only have one episode left.

I'm a big fan of Breaking Bad, but I've never seen The Wire, House of Cards, Fargo, The Sopranos or Mad Men. I wouldn't mind starting one of them after OITNB.

I may need to buy the dvds though, as I can't be bothered with streaming (my laptop isn't very reliable) and I don't think Netflix has any of them other than House of Cards, which is the one I'm not that bothered about watching.

Â