Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

O'Shea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Young.

He is a good player but not a Champions League calibre full back. I would have him ahead of Johnson for England

:lol:

**** that.

Your only saying that because he's Irish just like your location. Another player that looks good because he's playing around such talent.

4 Premier League medals, 1 Champions League and a regular for one of the top 3 teams in Europe in last 5 years. Im sure if it was due to the talent around him Fergie would have replaced him by now.

John O'Shea is probably the most underrated player in the Premier League. Its very rare you see the guy have a bad game

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a good player but not a Champions League calibre full back. I would have him ahead of Johnson for England

**** that.

Your only saying that because he's Irish just like your location. Another player that looks good because he's playing around such talent.

4 Premier League medals, 1 Champions League and a regular for one of the top 3 teams in Europe in last 5 years. Im sure if it was due to the talent around him Fergie would have replaced him by now.

John O'Shea is probably the most underrated player in the Premier League. Its very rare you see the guy have a bad game

As I quoted before, he's in a team surrounded by class whilst players like him, Wes Brown and Gary Neville all get made out good and they aren't.

Based on what you just said I could throw Paul McShane into that team and you could tell me exactly the same thing (4 Premier League medals etc, etc).

Also, your saying that O'Shea is better than Young but Young is better than Johnson so technically O'Shea is the right back in the UK. :winkold:

**** that.

I would have to disagree with you on that. O'Shea for me is an average player in a very good squad. That's why he has never held down a regular starting berth. He's happy to be a bit part player at big club. I'd say the same is true of Jonny Evans and particularly Wes Brown.

Daily Star says we're lining up a £15m "swoop" for Bentley & Jenas.

If we got our fullbacks, centre mid and strikers sorted AND we magically found lots of money :lol: .. then I wouldn't mind it, just to boost the quality of our squad.

Although.. I'd prefer Keane and O'Hara for £15m personally.

I really hope that is a bollox story. Jenas is one of the most overrated players in the PL and is totally not the sort of player we want.

I like Bentley and he is the sort of player MON could get the best out of but unless we lose Milner, Downing or Young where would we play him? I, however, could see him in play making role in central midfield.

Bid rises to 27 million apparently

http://tinyurl.com/Up-to-27million

JAMES MILNER BID RISES TO £27M

MANCHESTER CITY will make a final £27million bid for James Milner in the hope of luring the England star to Eastlands.

Roberto Mancini has already seen a £20m offer rejected by Aston Villa, who are holding out in the hope of receiving £30m.

Mancini is desperate to add Milner to his squad for next season and believes he could be instrumental in helping his side get into the Champions League. But he is not prepared to go any higher than £27m and will tell Villa to do business at this price or forget about a deal.

The club’s billionaire backers from Abu Dhabi are refusing to be held to ransom and believe their offer is a fair price.

One person definitely heading to Eastlands is German international Jerome Boateng, who has agreed to join City from Hamburg in an £11m deal and will sign a five-year contract.

Any talk from Man City of 'final bid of £27 million' or 'our offer is a fair price' should be met with MON saying repeatedly 'Lescott for 24, Lescott for 24, Lescott for 24, Lescott for 24'

Igor Akinfeev has said he would never play for a team like Aston Villa or Fiorentina. 2 teams he mentioned in particular. I dont know if that means we have bid for him before

Its in the new 442 magazine.

Roberto Mancini has already seen a £20m offer rejected by Aston Villa, who are holding out in the hope of receiving £30m.

I'd say we're holding out in the hope of holding onto James Milner.

Igor Akinfeev has said he would never play for a team like Aston Villa or Fiorentina.

Then Igor Akinfeev can die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. The clearing in the woods's easily nutmegged anyway, and would have trouble threading Frey/Friedel's boots. :x

Outside of football, Akinfeev likes to dress bears in navy outfits and make them re-enact his favourite scenes from Sergei Eisenstein's classic film "The Battleship Potemkin". This backfired on December 2nd 2009, when one of Akinfeev's bears escaped from it's cage and ate Akinfeev's prize turnip (which was part of Akinfeev's annual salary package from CSKA Moscow). Tabloid rumours suggest that Akinfeev also undertakes odd jobs for Count Duckula, but Akinfeev has refused to comment on these rumours.

I'd say we're holding out in the hope of holding onto James Milner.

Depends how those talks went I guess (if there were any).

Igor Akinfeev has said he would never play for a team like Aston Villa or Fiorentina. 2 teams he mentioned in particular. I dont know if that means we have bid for him before

Its in the new 442 magazine.

Good.

He'd cost an absolute fuckload and is frustratingly not as good as his potential suggested.

Plus he catches less balls than a flydamite cricket team.