Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Super Kevin to replace Heskey and i'll be happy.

Then get another striker to come in and get the goals when Gabby goes on his second-half-of-the-season struggle.

Agree that Doyle would be a massive step up on Heskey. I see him as a player that would be rotated with Gabby as they both play the lone striker/most advanced in a pair role from what I have seen. We will then need a link/second striker and an attacking CM'er - I would love to see us with Bellamy and Ireland - to be rotated as we switch from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 with Bellamy also able to take on a wide position in the 4-3-3, although these two would probably mean that Jimmy has gone the other way. Bring in O'Hara (for Sidwell), Dorrans, N'Zogbia and a RB on top and I would be very happy.

I think you are a bit harsh on Gabby. It is the whole team that seems to go off a bit in the latter stages, probably due to fatigue (mental and physical) caused by the lack of resting/subs, and if the supply is reduced Gabby can't work miracles!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to warm to the Idea of us getting Doyle, Him, an attacking midfielder, a destroyer better than Reo Coker/Petrov, A good right back who MON feels like playing, maybe another winger and I think it would have been a good summer. Carew, Gabby, Doyle, Delfueneso ain't too shabby. Hope we do better though.

Fletcher has gone to Wolves. Thankfully.

I can't believe people think that him or the likes of Doyle would be good enough for us, yet slag Petrov off. Ridiculous.

Just wanted to quote this incase we sign Doyle.

The Doyle who actually does the Heskey job and basically kept Wolves up with his performances.

You expect a manager who signed Emile Heskey not to be interested.

Especially when he only likes players from the Premier League?

You better go changing your mind quick sharp!

Fletcher has gone to Wolves. Thankfully.

I can't believe people think that him or the likes of Doyle would be good enough for us, yet slag Petrov off. Ridiculous.

Just wanted to quote this incase we sign Doyle.

The Doyle who actually does the Heskey job and basically kept Wolves up with his performances.

You expect a manager who signed Emile Heskey not to be interested.

Especially when he only likes players from the Premier League?

You better go changing your mind quick sharp!

Quote me all day, if you've got nothing better to do.

As I've said before - I don't rate Doyle. Heskey is our 3rd choice striker and I think we need to replace him with Carew by getting someone better in than we currently have. Doyle is not better than Carew, in my opinion. I didn't rate Dunne either, so I'm not professing to be some sort of expert or modern day nostradamus. What I will do is keep an open mind. If we sign somebody and they do well for us, I don't give a **** who it is. I don't give a **** about 'being right' - all I want is for us to win. If Doyle comes, then fine, I'll support him and give him a fair crack of the whip before I form an opinion.

It may pain you but you aren't going to be able to rub this or anything else in my face. But, by all means, keep trying :)

Utterly random link from a highly-questionable source...

Sebastian Frey

Can't see it happening in for any number of reasons (we don't need a GK, rumoured price-tag is far too cheap, he could easily play for a top European club), though guttingly Frey has come out and stated he's "unsure" where his future lies. Hopefully Mihajlović can convince him to stay, if he's got to go though it would be some consolation if it were here. One of the best keepers around.

Sebastian Frey

Can't see it happening in for any number of reasons (we don't need a GK, rumoured price-tag is far too cheap, he could easily play for a top European club), though guttingly Frey has come out and stated he's "unsure" where his future lies. Hopefully Mihajlović can convince him to stay, if he's got to go though it would be some consolation if it were here. One of the best keepers around.

That would be unbelievable, he's easily one of the top 10 in the world. Could really only see it if Friedel retires, as even if we could get him, it'd be madness for a club where we're at to have two keepers of that quality on the books. Would leave Guzan out in the cold, too, though I suppose it would let us loan him out.

Sebastian Frey

That would be unbelievable, he's easily one of the top 10 in the world. Could really only see it if Friedel retires, as even if we could get him, it'd be madness for a club where we're at to have two keepers of that quality on the books. Would leave Guzan out in the cold, too, though I suppose it would let us loan him out.

Good keeper, didnt realise he was 31, remember when he played for inter milan years ago, cant see him coming here, he'll probably end up at arsenal

Sebastian Frey

Good keeper, didnt realise he was 31, remember when he played for inter milan years ago, cant see him coming here, he'll probably end up at arsenal

If he wants to move to the PL i cant see Arsenal not getting him ahead of us, would be a great buy for whoever gets him

Linked with Mbark Boussafa from Anderlecht (7m) again according to a dutch football website.

Now reported in the express and star

Villa are weighing up a summer swoop for Anderlecht star Mbark Boussoufa.

According to Boussoufa’s agent Rachid El Ghazali, the claret and blues have been tracking the creative midfielder, named Belgium’s Player of the Year in the last two seasons, for over a year and are considering making an offer.

Anderlecht are resigned to losing the Dutch-born Morocco international, who is also interesting German duo Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen as well as an unnamed Spanish club, but hope to hold out for close to their current 10 million euro price tag.

The 25-year-old, who began his career at the world-renowned Ajax academy, can play in central midfield or on either flank which would make him a potential replacement for James Milner, should Manchester City break Villa’s resistance and prise the England star away from B6.

Boussoufa spent three years at Chelsea as a teenager between 2001 to 2004, something which could increase his appeal to O’Neill who traditionally tends to prefer buying players with experience of British football.

The diminutive 5ft 7ins star left Stamford Bridge to join Gent where he won the Belgium’s Golden Boot and both the national Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards.

He has enjoyed further success since joining Anderlecht in 2006, winning a string of awards as well as topping the assists charts with 16 in Belgium’s top flight last season.

O’Neill has yet to carry out any business in the transfer market this summer, with Milner’s future set to dictate the extent of his warchest.

The Villa manager has been told he will have to adopt a sell-to-buy policy to generate most of his funds and Luke Young, Habib Beye, Curtis Davies, Nigel Reo-Coker, Steve Sidwell and Nicky Shorey have all been told they can leave if the price is right

5ft 7's a little on the small side isnt it?

On the flank, no - wingers aren't really meant to be an aerial threat and it encourages players to get it to their feet. It is a bonus if you have someone in the middle of the park who is a big aerial presence because it's unexpected - like Fellaini at Everton